ldconcepts

NHL 2018-19

Recommended Posts

On 12/12/2017 at 3:27 PM, BJ Sands said:

If they must have one, this should be the Blackhawks alternate. 27587.jpg

 

I like these jerseys but dont really like fauxbacks in general. Why are most winter classic jerseys fauxbacks? Its not like the teams in the winter classic dont already have tons of throwbacks to choose from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2018 at 3:27 PM, Still MIGHTY said:

 

Yeah, these dots suck.

 

And the whole "City, State" thing on the bill really falls off when you get things like "Glendale, AZ" "Sunrise, FL" "Raleigh, NC".

 

The Islanders' says "Brooklyn, NY"

I give them props for not putting "Tampa Bay, FL" on the visor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2018 at 2:27 PM, Still MIGHTY said:

 

Yeah, these dots suck.

 

And the whole "City, State" thing on the bill really falls off when you get things like "Glendale, AZ" "Sunrise, FL" "Raleigh, NC".

 

The Islanders' says "Brooklyn, NY"

 

It’s almost as if they’re putting the location of the team’s home arena on the bill of the caps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RollWolfpack said:

 

It’s almost as if they’re putting the location of the team’s home arena on the bill of the caps.

 

I think what may be lost on some non-NY-based fans here is that the Islanders are playing just 29 of their 41 home games next season (and only 21 apiece the two seasons after that) at Barclays Center. The other 12 (and 21 the subsequent two seasons) will be back at Nassau Coliseum. This is while the team awaits construction of their new arena in Elmont, NY at Belmont Park, which is in Nassau County, back towards where the Coliseum is.

 

There's a real hate-hate relationship with fans and Brooklyn, Barclays Center management (which also now runs Nassau Coliseum), and the Brooklyn-based arena itself. All the joys of being a fan of this franchise. So that's why it can chafe some Isles fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

I like these jerseys but dont really like fauxbacks in general. Why are most winter classic jerseys fauxbacks? Its not like the teams in the winter classic dont already have tons of throwbacks to choose from.

 

Because the Blackhawks have played in more Winter Classics than years they've been around as a damn franchise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chicago should use the striping of their red jersey if they use a black third again. It is the much superior striping pattern and will look much better than the mediocre black thirds they had before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the old black jerseys will benefit from the outline around the head like they had before. These were real nice. 

apr-1998-right-wing-tony-amonte-of-the-c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Prince Harry said:

Chicago should use the striping of their red jersey if they use a black third again. It is the much superior striping pattern and will look much better than the mediocre black thirds they had before. 

 

Invert the red and black from the red template, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2018 at 11:51 AM, WSU151 said:

Just found these - I'm guessing they're the official Draft hats? adidas did the hats ast year, and now Fanatics as its mark on them. (It's still sort of odd that Lids sells Fanatics stuff, but they don't want to be locked out of cash flow).

 

https://www.lids.com/hats/style_2018-nhl-draft-structured-flex-cap

 

I count 7 teams missing; and then Ottawa with the O logo (meh).

Could these hats be telling us which 3rd jersey's are coming?  Maybe, but probably not.  But...

 

Philly in black (known 3rd change)

Sharks & Blackhawks in black (obvious 3rd rebirth)

Dallas, NJ & Ottawa in black --- maybe?

Capitals, Oilers & Panthers in Navy --- maybe/likely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Brass said:

 

Because the Blackhawks have played in more Winter Classics than years they've been around as a damn franchise.

 
 

They still have a ton of possibilities

Blackhawks01.png

Blackhawks02.png

 

Blackhawks14.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the Blackhawks red template is good for the inverted colours. Here's a quick concept of the red and black switching (spoilered for space) and I don't think it really works because I don't like the look of the red and white together on the hem.

 

Spoiler

FT6Oj6N.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2018 at 11:51 AM, WSU151 said:

Just found these - I'm guessing they're the official Draft hats? adidas did the hats ast year, and now Fanatics as its mark on them. (It's still sort of odd that Lids sells Fanatics stuff, but they don't want to be locked out of cash flow).

 

https://www.lids.com/hats/style_2018-nhl-draft-structured-flex-cap

 

I count 7 teams missing; and then Ottawa with the O logo (meh).

 

Easily some of the worst embroidery on hats I have ever seen.  
The logos are bulbous and childlike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jdavidev said:

Could these hats be telling us which 3rd jersey's are coming?  Maybe, but probably not.  But...

 

Philly in black (known 3rd change)

Sharks & Blackhawks in black (obvious 3rd rebirth)

Dallas, NJ & Ottawa in black --- maybe?

Capitals, Oilers & Panthers in Navy --- maybe/likely?

 

95% sure the color of the draft hats are reflective of the color of a team's home helmet

 

although some of them create some wishful thinking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, riccirulesall said:

 

95% sure the color of the draft hats are reflective of the color of a team's home helmet

 

although some of them create some wishful thinking

 

Well the Flames and Avs are using their jersey colours.

 

I’d wager it’s just a choice, I don’t know if any of the hat colours signal any jersey details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I don't think the Blackhawks red template is good for the inverted colours. Here's a quick concept of the red and black switching (spoilered for space) and I don't think it really works because I don't like the look of the red and white together on the hem.

 

  Hide contents

FT6Oj6N.png

 

 

You need to look at it with the pants to see why it works better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to see the Blue Jackets use the cannon on a red jersey. Other alternates on my wish list.

 

Kochina Coyotes

Black Stars or MNS throwback 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I don't think the Blackhawks red template is good for the inverted colours. Here's a quick concept of the red and black switching (spoilered for space) and I don't think it really works because I don't like the look of the red and white together on the hem.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

FT6Oj6N.png

 

 

Flip flopping the red and white stripes make an improvement to that black concept

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now