ldconcepts

NHL 2018-19

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

So the black storm flag jerseys are pretty much confirmed then. I wonder if they’ll be tweaking them at all

As long as the blackout shoulder patch is recolored im good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

I think that's a whole new jersey...

 

There's something going on with the piping around the yoke that's different than the black storm jersey

I agree, theres common elements but somethings looks different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 12:54 PM, RollWolfpack said:

 

It’s almost as if they’re putting the location of the team’s home arena on the bill of the caps.

 

Then the Sens should technically say Kanata, ON.

 

35329077_10156930882115931_1113881823844

 

Based on the bottom right pictures it looks like the phantom shoulder piping is back. Also, I may be wrong, but that middle picture looks like a new state-outline logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

 

35329077_10156930882115931_1113881823844

 

Based on the bottom right pictures it looks like the phantom shoulder piping is back. Also, I may be wrong, but that middle picture looks like a new state-outline logo.

 

My thoughts based on the images...

Top row: Collar / #OB / Part of new crest (blade of stick)

2nd row: Shoulder patch? / Helmet # or Wordmark / Gloves

3rd row: Sleeve # / Part of new crest (flag) / Inside collar

4th row: Part of new crest (stick and flag) / Part of new crest (blade and corner of flag?) / Collar and phantom yoke (as mentioned)

Last row: Gloves / Sleeve stripe / Phantom yoke 

 

The warning flag logo seems to be getting an upgrade as the flag didn't have a black outline in the previous version. It's hard to tell what the stripes will be because the bottom middle picture is the only one that seems to show any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have any idea on what the Penguins alternate will be? I feel like they won't be doing a throwback this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Anyone have any idea on what the Penguins alternate will be? I feel like they won't be doing a throwback this time.

 

I haven't heard anything.  I know a lot of people will be clammoring for a diagonal "Pittsburgh" throwback or an all gold jersey. 

 

Personally I'm hoping it's an all new black jersey.  I hate the striping and color balance on the current retro set and desperately want them to introduce something that can become the primary in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Anyone have any idea on what the Penguins alternate will be? I feel like they won't be doing a throwback this time.

Are we sure that the Penguins will even have one, Have they announced anything yet? If they will have one, I think it’ll be the Stadium Series jerseys from 2017, as they were a big hit with the fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheGoldenTriangle said:

Are we sure that the Penguins will even have one, Have they announced anything yet? If they will have one, I think it’ll be the Stadium Series jerseys from 2017, as they were a big hit with the fans.

Yes they are getting a new alt. You can see that on this leak of the teams getting new alternates in 2018-19. 

8jBtf2g.jpg

 

1 minute ago, demondg1 said:

 

I haven't heard anything.  I know a lot of people will be clammoring for a diagonal "Pittsburgh" throwback or an all gold jersey. 

 

Personally I'm hoping it's an all new black jersey.  I hate the striping and color balance on the current retro set and desperately want them to introduce something that can become the primary in the future.

The only thing I don't like about the current uniforms is the sock striping that doesn't match. Everything else is fine. Personally, I'm hoping for a yellow jersey that's similar to the Stadium Series like Golden Triangle mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m just wondering if Colorado will revive the Rockies-style third (with that bland mountain logo) or so something new (C-puck related, maybe).

 

Isn’t it funny? We were having such energetic debates about the Avalanche’s identity, which all ceased once they unveiled lightly-tweaked versions of their classic set last year (tweaks that improved it, IMHO). It just goes to show that a unique/inventive/“modern classic” uniform template can distract from problems with logo design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're hinting at an updated new primary crest & some kind of return of the warning flag with the stick shoulder logo, albeit the new logo might or might not contain a stick.

 

Still, I want one more hint, one more piece of that logo, so that I could formulate a full mental picture of what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

 

Then the Sens should technically say Kanata, ON.

 

No, Kanata was disincorporated when Ottawa amalgamated its suburbs. The Senators play in Ottawa now, technically if not practically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheLAKnight said:

 

My thoughts based on the images...

Top row: Collar / #OB / Part of new crest (blade of stick)

2nd row: Shoulder patch? / Helmet # or Wordmark / Gloves

3rd row: Sleeve # / Part of new crest (flag) / Inside collar

4th row: Part of new crest (stick and flag) / Part of new crest (blade and corner of flag?) / Collar and phantom yoke (as mentioned)

Last row: Gloves / Sleeve stripe / Phantom yoke 

 

The warning flag logo seems to be getting an upgrade as the flag didn't have a black outline in the previous version. It's hard to tell what the stripes will be because the bottom middle picture is the only one that seems to show any.

That 2nd row Left Image is making me think a blackout version of the NC or Raleigh flag a la Flames. Images on twitter showed the blackout Primary shoulder patch is staying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Furthermore, flipping that main image makes me think there’s a new addition somewhere featuring “NC.” Unable to do on my iPhone, but if someone could flip the image and link it they’d see what I’m getting at...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I’m just wondering if Colorado will revive the Rockies-style third (with that bland mountain logo) or so something new (C-puck related, maybe).

 

Isn’t it funny? We were having such energetic debates about the Avalanche’s identity, which all ceased once they unveiled lightly-tweaked versions of their classic set last year (tweaks that improved it, IMHO). It just goes to show that a unique/inventive/“modern classic” uniform template can distract from problems with logo design.

 

I hope it’s either their old burgundy Colorado alternate or just something completely new. I don’t want the alternate from a couple years ago I wasn’t a big fan of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU said:

 

I hope it’s either their old burgundy Colorado alternate or just something completely new. I don’t want the alternate from a couple years ago I wasn’t a big fan of that. 

 

Hopefully they realize how popular their new "classic" look is, and don't do something stupid. But it's the Kroenkes. The burgandy third with diagonal wordmark was a great alternate for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

Hopefully they realize how popular their new "classic" look is, and don't do something stupid. But it's the Kroenkes. The burgandy third with diagonal wordmark was a great alternate for them.

 

I love the new “classic” look I bought the home MacKinnon one and I love it but the only tweak I would do to the new uniforms is adding a blue stripe under the silver stripe on the away jersey. If they did that and brought back the burgundy diagonal Colorado alternate imo Colorado would have top 5 jerseys in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, the admiral said:

 

No, Kanata was disincorporated when Ottawa amalgamated its suburbs. The Senators play in Ottawa now, technically if not practically.

Yes, I'm aware of the amalgamation, but the address of the CTC is still Kanata, ON. Brooklyn isn't a city either, but they still used it on the Islanders hat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now