NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

12 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

So maybe I’m in the minority but I don’t think an orange/teal/eggplant “rainbow” look on black would be that bad. 

I could see that working, but so far the vague description sounds like it's got "focus group" written all over it.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The current Ducks jersey is over complicated with too many stripes and the faux yoke on the home.  And if they are going with an alternate that is going to use all of the team's colours in its history, that trend will continue.  The Ducks best jersey in its team history was the orange alternate and that should be brought back as the team's full time look, whether it be with the original team logo or the webbed D.

21 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Part of me wished the Mighty Ducks nostalgia wave faded away.

That logo is basically the whole reason I became a fan. But between the lack of fanfare for the orange third, their blatant refusal to wear in in the playoffs, and more recently its retirement, I've frankly had it up to here with all the teasing. My interest in this stupid team has already dwindled over the last year or so and I'm getting to a point where I might just walk away.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I didn't think the jerseys were great overall (mostly because of the baseball script) but I thought the way the last Mighty Ducks alternate based their striping off duck feathers was absolute genius.  I would love to see the Ducks go with the kind of logo 'SFGiants58' was advocating and pair it with similar striping.

FyePJsi.jpg

To me the Mighty Ducks logo is to the 90s what the Islanders logo is to the 70s - they're both very much products of their respective times, and so they're both fairly dated in that regard as a result, but they're also both very iconic logos that are instantly-recognisable to the teams they represent. (Also, attempts to replace both have been mixed at best.) At the same time, their current black & orange colour scheme has really grown on me in the last couple of years - make the striping less busy, replace the Webbed D with the recoloured Mighty logo, and I think they've got one of the best looks in the NHL.

As for this alt, I like the idea of a black jersey with the classic logo on it, as I implied, but purple, teal and orange striping? That sounds like it'll be a cluttered mess to me. I guess we'll see how it goes, but I don't like the sounds of it...

I used to be of the opinion that dumping the Disney logo was a good move in order to promote a more mature sports team, but now I think, heck, why not just embrace it. It's a helluva nice logo. I slick black jersey with minimal striping could actually look quite nice. I'm not a fan of the orange jersey, though. Too garish for me.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

coloradoavalanchehome.jpg.0e559b485ed29c

A lot of people believe the Avs will bring back this 3rd but for me personally I would like to see them bring back the burgundy diagonal "Colorado" alternate but the more I think about it I wouldn't be upset if they brought back this jersey but instead of the Rockies logo replace that with the diagonal "Colorado". Anyone else like that idea ?

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

4 hours ago, LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU said:

coloradoavalanchehome.jpg.0e559b485ed29c

A lot of people believe the Avs will bring back this 3rd but for me personally I would like to see them bring back the burgundy diagonal "Colorado" alternate but the more I think about it I wouldn't be upset if they brought back this jersey but instead of the Rockies logo replace that with the diagonal "Colorado". Anyone else like that idea ?

I personally hate that jersey as a jersey and especially for the Avs.  The navy color is not part of their brand (and they already have quite a few) and is too dark next to the dark maroon.  The design is too boxy and straight to go with their main set.  The white yoke stands out too much from the rest of the uniform, and it being square doesn't read to me as "snow capped mountains."  The alternate logo is fine, but on a different template and colored in their brands colors.

The Mighty Ducks logo is an all-time classic I don't care what anyone else says.

The orange alternate with that logo was great and an identity based around that look would be a great bridge to the past while being far enough removed from "the team named after a Disney movie" that the franchise has clearly tried to distance themselves from.

22 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Can whoever clarified what the conflicts around the Predators, Avalanche, et al please restate all that?

Certain teams have unique rules pertaining to how their names are displayed on product. Some require the entire city and team name either due to team preference or legalities. One of the more curious ones is the Heat always using their wordmark when the rest of the teams simply have their name (location, nickname, or both) in the stock font for the graphic.

ff_2712979alt1_full.jpg&w=600

ff_1447434_xl.jpg&w=600

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

Certain teams have unique rules pertaining to how their names are displayed on product. Some require the entire city and team name either due to team preference or legalities. One of the more curious ones is the Heat always using their wordmark when the rest of the teams simply have their name (location, nickname, or both) in the stock font for the graphic.

ff_2712979alt1_full.jpg&w=600

ff_1447434_xl.jpg&w=600

Pacers do the same thing if I remember correctly.

With the Avalanche, there has to be more than team preference involved. It has to be some legal thing if it goes all the way back to shirseys from 1996.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived