ldconcepts

NHL 2018-19

2 hours ago, AJM said:

cut.jpg

A minor league jersey for a minor league franchise run by minor league management.  How fitting.

13 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

A minor league jersey for a minor league franchise run by minor league management.  How fitting.

I like how that looks so much I might buy one, and I don't root for them or live anywhere near them

Wish the Coyotes jersey had the bigger collar like the originals.

s-l300.jpg

51 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

And it looks fantastic! So happy they’re back!

I wondered what Carolina would look like if they mimicked the striping pattern from sleeves/socks on the shoulders and waist.  Also I took out the state flag and the white outline of the logo:

2edwaz4.png

I really like the flag horizontal pattern at the waist, so I'm not sure that I agree with omitting that. 

1 hour ago, charger77 said:

s-l300.jpg

1 hour ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

And it looks fantastic! So happy they’re back!

To each his own, I guess.

Hopefully this means the Canucks bring back the black skate jersey as their third. Would buy in a heartbeat 

26 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

To each his own, I guess.

It’s nostalgia people love nostalgia plain and simple. 

6 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Or people like an inventive look that incorporates local flair and is memorable compared to the current identity.

21 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

The 1990's were my heyday too but I'm not nostalgic for New Kids on the Block, Zubaz, or that Coyotes jersey.

2 hours ago, charger77 said:

s-l300.jpg

I love the Kachina and have often bagged on the "performance enhancements" of new jerseys on here, but that Starter authentic seriously weighed about fifteen pounds and I have no idea how anyone skated in it.

Is anyone else grossed out by the ‘heathering’ on the Canes sweater stripes? Looks atrocious.

55 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Or people like an inventive look that incorporates local flair and is memorable compared to the current identity.

Agreed, it celebrates Phoenix and Arizona. The current looks are drab and uninspired. The kachina coyote is unique and locals love it.

3 hours ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Agreed, it celebrates Phoenix and Arizona. The current looks are drab and uninspired. The kachina coyote is unique and locals love it.

I agree about the current look being drab and uninspired. However, the current look does contain kachina. It should be used somewhere on the jersey in a tasteful way, but be visible at the same time. Hiding it all in the hanger effect was a bad call.

I'm just not totally a fan of them relying on a previous throwback for the alternate, instead of coming up with something creative, updated, and still symbolic of the local area.

I'm glad the Canes got it right this time with the logo having 2 flags, which is the appropriate design. One flag is a storm warning, two is for a hurricane.

I'm assuming it eventually makes it's way onto the H & R shoulders.

14 hours ago, Scratcher said:

DgVJDyqXkActJCF.jpg

(Concerning the slogan in the lower-right...)

Maybe it's just the writer in me, but MAN...

you take COVER. And you HEED a warning.

"Take warning" sounds like something someone who speaks English as a second language would utter.

Sloppy

9 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

By that logic, this is a good uniform--so clearly those people are wrong.

95allstar11_627_071105.jpg

Regarding Yotes "new" 3rd jersey. I've always thought the coyote were simply better with just the head instead of the skating coyote. So I did a comparison between them two
RUEvH78.pngZhZC8zp.png

I personaly think #1 is better than #2

11 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

I love the Kachina and have often bagged on the "performance enhancements" of new jerseys on here, but that Starter authentic seriously weighed about fifteen pounds and I have no idea how anyone skated in it.

Is this Sharks management? ?