NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Flames1fan said:

When are the other teams showing there 3rd jersey.

You'll know as soon as we all do.

But here's my prediction for the Ducks thirds: they will be revealed moments before gametime, with no fanfare whatsoever, and then they'll lose while wearing their shiny new thirds in a spectacularly lopsided game.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

18 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Interesting that the Sens had the centurion jersey and the centurion draft hat (every shop on line sells the O logo draft hat, I think).

They just gave the O hat to their 159th pick.  Are we sure that they are changing jerseys next season?  You would think they would make some sort of announcement already.

15 hours ago, charger77 said:

Wish the Coyotes jersey had the bigger collar like the originals.

s-l300.jpg

Might be the only time Adidas collar was an improvement.

13 hours ago, bowld said:

Hopefully this means the Canucks bring back the black skate jersey as their third. Would buy in a heartbeat 

Pretty sure you can go buy one now online at icejerseys.com and the rumor is that they are bringing back the stick in rink third from couple of years ago.

1 hour ago, M4One said:

They just gave the O hat to their 159th pick.  Are we sure that they are changing jerseys next season?  You would think they would make some sort of announcement already.

We know 100% no teams are changing their primary jerseys this year, but they are free to do whatever they want with merch. It seems like they’re definitely changing after the two-year period, and using the O logo as much as they could. They could be planning to use that as primary, or introduce a new logo.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

The Coyotes' current set is utterly forgettable, so it's cool that they're digging this back up. There are still too many colors for a sports team, but whatever, it's an alternate now. I'm always fond of the throwbacks that take the southwestern pattern and simplify it down to red, beige, and black. That's probably the way to go for a future (and god knows they have one) full-time set.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

In most cases I would agree that six colours is too many but on the Coyotes it just works.  I think the thing I hated about the 2003 rebrand the most was that they vanquished such an original and attractive scheme to be just another red, white and black team.  Albeit with brick and off white.

3 hours ago, Morgo said:

In most cases I would agree that six colours is too many but on the Coyotes it just works.  I think the thing I hated about the 2003 rebrand the most was that they vanquished such an original and attractive scheme to be just another red, white and black team.  Albeit with brick and off white.

And it’s really just four colors.  The purple and burnt orange are in the logos only.  Sort of like the Blackhawks, who only have three colors in the uniform but more in the logos.

The logo is fine, but there's no particular character to the sweaters. I really liked their old alternates because it was a progressive template for a non-traditional team (the bold decision to pair black sweaters and socks with red breezers was one I liked), which is a good thing to have a few teams doing at any given time. What they have now, I don't know. It feels like a change they didn't have to make, and a lateral one at that.

23 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The logo is fine, but there's no particular character to the sweaters. I really liked their old alternates because it was a progressive template for a non-traditional team (the bold decision to pair black sweaters and socks with red breezers was one I liked), which is a good thing to have a few teams doing at any given time. What they have now, I don't know. It feels like a change they didn't have to make, and a lateral one at that.

I’m the opposite. I’ve never been a big fan of the logo, but their jersey design is (or was when it came out) unique to them and inspired by the desert landscape. I think they just need to go a little farther with the striping to make the banded gradient more apparent. I’d also love to see a larger hem stripe and some of the tan color in the sleeve and sock.

maxresdefault.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Vegas, Pittsburgh, and Detroit have contrasting upper arms with numbers in them, and I never would have made a connection between their sweaters and a desert landscape without that one specific picture of one specific desert landscape, and even then it's still kind of a reach. 

The Coyotes' 90's throwbacks are where it's at. They're a little over the top, but it makes for a much more memorable and unique identity than their current mediocre jerseys. In my ideal world, I'd like the Picaso style design to be scaled back a little and used as a full time set. Maybe one day.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Philly released a third jersey.  My reaction to it is basically the reaction I have when any Stadium Series jersey is repackaged as an alternate.

"i don't remember these things being so garish"

spacer.png

35 minutes ago, AndrewG70 said:

Where are you seeing the jersey being released?

Instagram

BhaYkAO.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

22 hours ago, M4One said:

The Senators have all but admitted they don’t know what they’re doing identity-wise because the Senators are a terribly run team that never does anything properly. 

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Senators have all but admitted they don’t know what they’re doing identity-wise because the Senators are a terribly run team that never does anything properly. 

I think they were going to change, but after Tom Anselmi left, plans were put on hold or changed.

On 6/23/2018 at 12:39 AM, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Agreed, it celebrates Phoenix and Arizona. The current looks are drab and uninspired. The kachina coyote is unique and locals love it.

This. One thing people don't often think about is "how do the fans feel about it?" Coyotes fans (and I'm dating one and am a STH for their AHL team) love the kachina.

I personally hate the Predators' gold helmets, but the majority of the fanbase likes them. Knights fans seem to like the Medieval Times feel.

On 6/23/2018 at 9:14 AM, Demonkah said:

Regarding Yotes "new" 3rd jersey. I've always thought the coyote were simply better with just the head instead of the skating coyote. So I did a comparison between them two
RUEvH78.pngZhZC8zp.png

I personaly think #1 is better than #2

I prefer #2. Yes, #1 is cleaner and simpler, but that isn't the point of the full logo.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived