NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

19 hours ago, nash61 said:

Instagram

BhaYkAO.png

I wonder if they’ll keep the huge numbers, they aren’t necessary when the fans aren’t seated far away from the action like in an outdoor game. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, the admiral said:

The logo is fine, but there's no particular character to the sweaters. I really liked their old alternates because it was a progressive template for a non-traditional team (the bold decision to pair black sweaters and socks with red breezers was one I liked), which is a good thing to have a few teams doing at any given time. What they have now, I don't know. It feels like a change they didn't have to make, and a lateral one at that.

I don't think it was so much the Coyotes making a bold decision and more going the cheap route.  

Counting down the days until we see the return of this jersey.  Totally forgotten about them.

653550.jpg

18 minutes ago, M4One said:

I don't think it was so much the Coyotes making a bold decision and more going the cheap route.  

I guess you're right. I still thought it looked pretty neat.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, M4One said:

Counting down the days until we see the return of this jersey.  Totally forgotten about them.

653550.jpg

Is that Dark Green on top then Dark Blue / Purple?

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

On 6/23/2018 at 9:29 PM, Crabcake47 said:

Philly released a third jersey.  My reaction to it is basically the reaction I have when any Stadium Series jersey is repackaged as an alternate.

"i don't remember these things being so garish"

Philadelphia are one of those teams that just shouldn't have an alternate.  Their primary look is good enough to stand on its own and every attempt at expanding the brand, from the chromified P to the vintage white fauxback, has been a failure.  The recent stadium series jersey might be the worst yet.

8 hours ago, Morgo said:

Philadelphia are one of those teams that just shouldn't have an alternate.  Their primary look is good enough to stand on its own and every attempt at expanding the brand, from the chromified P to the vintage white fauxback, has been a failure.  The recent stadium series jersey might be the worst yet.

I really like this as an alternate for them. I like the solid orange color bands that evoke their classic sleeve/shoulder band, but in a different orientation. It also parallels the main uniform with sleeve numbers that overlap the design, but in a more natural and compositionally sound way. Even the outline-only design language has ties to their classic jersey, mirroring the captain patch on the white jersey or the areas where the sleeve numbers peek over into the body color. The package is really tightened up with numbers that perfectly coordinate with the logo, and a nameplate that perfectly coordinates with the stripes.

I’d be happy with a little larger hem stripe, but to me, this is a good example of what an alternate should be; inspired by and evocative of the things that are unique to the team, but cleaned up and formed into something new with a different perspective. This almost feels like a “Turn Ahead the Clock” uniform, which I think is a perfectly appropriate concept for an alternate, provided it’s realistic and tasteful, unlike the ones MLB tried to do in the 90s. 

In my opinion, creating yet another new design for an alternate (especially with another Stadium Series game on the horizon) would just dilute the look even further than did the previous foray into black (that had very little orange and inexplicably became the main uniform for a time), the tacky chrome P, or the faux-heritage package that simply felt miles off from the Flyers’ unique aesthetic.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Would love to know when the Canucks will roll out something about their third. Seems like a bit of a 90's theme so far with Phoenix and the obvious Ducks throwback coming. 

For maximum chaos, they should roll out the 1996 salmon look. 

5 minutes ago, Corvus said:

Would love to know when the Canucks will roll out something about their third. Seems like a bit of a 90's theme so far with Phoenix and the obvious Ducks throwback coming. 

For maximum chaos, they should roll out the 1996 salmon look. 

Chris has said that the one team on the leaked list that won't have one is the Canucks.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

8 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

It also parallels the main uniform with sleeve numbers that overlap the design, but in a more natural and composition-ally sound way. Even the outline-only design language has ties to their classic jersey, mirroring the captain patch on the white jersey or the areas where the sleeve numbers peek over into the body color. The package is really tightened up with numbers that perfectly coordinate with the logo, and a nameplate that perfectly coordinates with the stripes.

Paralleling three of the glaring flaws of the main set (non contrasting-captain patch, unnecessary nameplate, overlapping numbers) doesn't make for a good looking jersey in my books.

This is a good example of what an alternate should be

I think its the exact opposite of what a good alternate should be.  A lazy shoehorning of a uniform designed for the Stadium Series into an otherwise solid identity.  It would be tolerable if they shrunk the sleeve numbers but still vastly inferior to their previous black alternate.

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

Posting this because it's one of the most beautiful concepts I have seen all year!

0620-jackphillips-fla.png

I grew up in Florida in the nineties and this was a really popular jersey that everyone seemed to have (well, at least for the Cup run haha). But to this day I’m still in love with the leaping panther logo and the tri-color, clean units. Hopefully they return to it someday

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

Paralleling three of the glaring flaws of the main set (non contrasting-captain patch, unnecessary nameplate, overlapping numbers) doesn't make for a good looking jersey in my books.

I think its the exact opposite of what a good alternate should be.  A lazy shoehorning of a uniform designed for the Stadium Series into an otherwise solid identity.  It would be tolerable if they shrunk the sleeve numbers but still vastly inferior to their previous black alternate.

So a jersey that embraces the unique and signature flaws of the main set and re-presents them in more elegant and cohesive ways around a tangible conceptual vision is lazy, but a straight color flip of the orange jersey (at the time) is an A+ design effort? Makes sense to me! ?

How can an identity with such “glaring flaws” be described one paragraph later as “solid?”

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

10 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I like the solid orange color bands that evoke their classic sleeve/shoulder band, but in a different orientation

inspired by and evocative of the things that are unique to the team, but cleaned up and formed into something new with a different perspective.

That's really a stretch.  A horizontal stripe evokes the vertical shoulder stripe?  I have to call you out on this one.  If you want to say that it keeps with the "no outlines on trim" theme, then OK.  But I just don't understand how even "Nike speak" could claim that a arm band evokes the shoulder treatment.

I kinda get all your other points.  I also think that they are a bit of a stretch, but I can at least understand that point of view.  Not the stript thing though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

So a jersey that embraces the unique and signature flaws of the main set and re-presents them in more elegant and cohesive ways around a tangible conceptual vision is lazy, but a straight color flip of the orange jersey (at the time) is an A+ design effort? Makes sense to me! ?

Why embrace what's wrong with the current set while ignoring the things it does right?  The Flyers have always used unique, curvy striping configurations.  The sleeve and hem stripes on the Stadium Series would be better suited to a team like Red Wings or Maple Leafs.

At the time their black alternate was certainly a straight colour-flip but if they brought it back now it would compliment the current set nicely while paying homage to the history of the team.

How can an identity with such “glaring flaws” be described one paragraph later as “solid?”

Because those flaws are relatively minor and don't sink the otherwise perfect uniform set.

Archived