NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

3 hours ago, NoE38 said:

I'd like to see the Blues bring back red trim for their alternate. If they can utilize it correctly, It'll be a great complement to their blue and yellow scheme.

I've always wondered why they never did this.  Just don't overdo it with the red and you've got a solid counterpoint to their (more or less) perfect set.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, baymenxpac said:

Not that I'm aware of. For example, two of the last four Islanders third jerseys (orange in 2003 and first black in 2011) were unveiled in November. Their second black one (2015) was announced in mid-September. These were, of course, all under the Reebok era, so I don't know if the change over to Adidas has altered the league's approach.

Before it was leaked by the NHL Shop, the Ducks orange third jersey was not revealed until they came out wearing it for the opening faceoff (I don't think they even wore it for warmups) about a week into the season. And the third jersey they revealed in 2010 was not unveiled until game time the day after Thanksgiving.

With the exception of the Stadium Series jersey, the last time they introduced an alternate any earlier than game day was the black one with the eggplant sleeve stripes they introduced in 2003!

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

5 hours ago, Roger Clemente said:

Before it was leaked by the NHL Shop, the Ducks orange third jersey was not revealed until they came out wearing it for the opening faceoff (I don't think they even wore it for warmups) about a week into the season. And the third jersey they revealed in 2010 was not unveiled until game time the day after Thanksgiving.

With the exception of the Stadium Series jersey, the last time they introduced an alternate any earlier than game day was the black one with the eggplant sleeve stripes they introduced in 2003!

Even then, that was in December!

Yeah, it's a(n annoying) Ducks trend.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

6 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Even then, that was in December!

Yeah, it's a(n annoying) Ducks trend.

Well, considering that I just had my Kings select-a-seat window on Monday without a mention of an alternate anywhere it's definitely more than just a Ducks trend.

VmWIn6B.png

2 hours ago, joekono said:

On the St. Louis Blues, I'm sure it was mentioned but I didn't realize it until December, I hated they switched to white numbers on the home instead of yellow. 

I hated that they did that too, but you know what?  I'm fine with it now.  The Bruins switching to black socks at home was the bigger debacle.

On 7/30/2018 at 2:14 PM, Ark said:

Yeah, like this

cut.jpg

I hated that uniform with a passion.  The games looked like black-and-white TV.  The Alumni jersey uses the colors much better, but overall, I detest hockey uniforms that feature same-color tops and bottoms.

4321537b1b24e8fd.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 8/4/2018 at 7:18 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

I hated that uniform with a passion.  The games looked like black-and-white TV.  The Alumni jersey uses the colors much better, but overall, I detest hockey uniforms that feature same-color tops and bottoms.

4321537b1b24e8fd.jpg

I never understood why, for the black jerseys, the Flyers just haven't copied the Medicine Hat Tigers of the WHL. Same template, same colors, better distribution:

EE-Hamilton12954.JPG

MedicineHat-Dec31.jpg

Brandon-Magee-18-Victoria-Royals-vs-Medi

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

6 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

I never understood why, for the black jerseys, the Flyers just haven't copied the Medicine Hat Tigers of the WHL. Same template, same colors, better distribution:

*pictures snipped*

I agree. However, are they the same colors? Granted, I've never seen the Flyers live, but I've always thought the Tigers used a darker shade of orange.

35 minutes ago, OMMF said:

I agree. However, are they the same colors? Granted, I've never seen the Flyers live, but I've always thought the Tigers used a darker shade of orange.

They do, they use more of a burnt orange like Texas, the flyers use a more true orange.

In a vacuum I think you could argue that the black socks are better strictly from a design perspective, at least is more consistent. However, as a B's fan, I hate the black socks. They had an unusual look that differentiated them from the Pens or some random minor league team. I do agree that a tweak or two to the stripes on the yellow socks could be an improvement.

Interesting that they got through the BFBS uniform phase with yellow socks and just as the fad is about done, they switch to black. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that they are going to be wearing black socks for a while.

Archived