NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

I was with everyone else at first with the Bruins' black socks, I tweeted at the Bruins to change them back the second the pictures hit the net... but I really don't mind them now.  It does look good, it's just that the Bruins wore gold socks forever. I take it now as maybe the team didn't put as much importance in it as we all do/did. 

The update to the numbers and name type were a big upgrade. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, SHaMROCK said:

I feel like they just introduced black socks with the away uniform so that they can introduce a yellow jersey with yellow socks  as an alt coming soon...

They are so far overdue for a nice yellow alternate. The original Winter Classic sweater should’ve stuck around!

untitled-6.jpg

On 8/6/2018 at 12:35 PM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I didn't notice this until you mentioned it. It really is a massive downgrade.

Image result for boston bruins 2018Image result for boston bruins 2017

Especially with the stitch to a single-outlined number. The old-school number would look great with the gold socks, while the previous double-outlined number would look good with the black socks. 

But that’s looking at the socks and numbers in a vacuum. From an overall perspective, the gold socks look much better as they balance out the B’s gold shoulder yokes. 

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

They should just do all three. Do the Flying V because it's so iconic (albeit for bad reasons) and do the Skate and original Orca because they both look good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

52 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I’d love to finally have high-resolution digital images of the Flying V set. You can only get so much out of high-ISO color photographs taken in crummy lighting conditions.

I was surprised to learn that those were orange, yellow, and black. I thought it was red! But it didn't become red until the early '90s when their uniform manufacturer stopped making that shade of red-orange or they switched to someone who couldn't.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, the admiral said:

I was surprised to learn that those were orange, yellow, and black. I thought it was red! But it didn't become red until the early '90s when their uniform manufacturer stopped making that shade of red-orange or they switched to someone who couldn't.

CCM never stopped producing that shade. That red-orange was basically an orange and used by the Oilers, Islanders and Flyers. However, CCM screwed up the Athletic gold by making it an eggnog yellow. 

The flying V for sure! Even though it's generally regarded as an ugly duckling  - it's still to this date the most unique uniform design and will forever be linked to the Canucks very first playoff success.

Yeah, that last question was a bit flawed. Wouldn't the answer be only two teams: technically the current Winnipeg Jets along with the Vegas Golden Knights? The Red Wings have changed their logo slightly over the years and the Flyers did use that horrible silver/grey accented logo in the mid-2000s on an alternate jersey.

Also, that host was unbearable. WE GET IT PRIDECOMESBEFORETHEFALLSHUTUP

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

8 minutes ago, Brass said:

Yeah, that last question was a bit flawed. Wouldn't the answer be only two teams: technically the current Winnipeg Jets along with the Vegas Golden Knights? The Red Wings have changed their logo slightly over the years and the Flyers did use that horrible silver/grey accented logo in the mid-2000s on an alternate jersey.

Also, that host was unbearable. WE GET IT PRIDECOMESBEFORETHEFALLSHUTUP

Right, the Wings have changed (plus there's the Falcons/Cougars years). And if we're not counting franchise moves or we're not counting those little adjustments like Detroit and Philly, the Devils haven't changed their front logo either, under those technicalities. And again again, if the're allowing those Red Wings technicalities, are you not allowing the Canadiens? 

And the Coyotes also have the letters on the other side of the chest. And teal isn't green. It's teal.

And yeah, the banter can be a little too antagonistic in those videos. Like, as a dude, I get the ragging on each other banter, but the host and then the one dude in the Bob Ross shirt I always find extra annoying.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

14 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Right, the Wings have changed (plus there's the Falcons/Cougars years). And if we're not counting franchise moves or we're not counting those little adjustments like Detroit and Philly, the Devils haven't changed their front logo either, under those technicalities. And again again, if the're allowing those Red Wings technicalities, are you not allowing the Canadiens

And the Coyotes also have the letters on the other side of the chest. And teal isn't green. It's teal.

And yeah, the banter can be a little too antagonistic in those videos. Like, as a dude, I get the ragging on each other banter, but the host and then the one dude in the Bob Ross shirt I always find extra annoying.

The rules on the question included alternates and excluded Winter/Heritage Classic & Stadium Series jerseys for the logos... So i guess technically they were counting all those 100 year anniversary jersey they had a few years ago.

Archived