NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

Very happy. Love the throwback. Perfectly executed. The Devils have never had a full time alternate and they don't need one now. Wearing the red/green a few times a year is the right move. And no they should not go back to red/green full time.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Prince Harry said:

Were they the last team to do two logos at centre ice? I’m gonna miss that. It worked well with the Habs because their logo’s oblong shape fills the semi-circle space nicely. 

Wells-Fargo-Center-Hockey-Section-215-Ro

Hopefully they keep it the same.

3 hours ago, BrianLion said:

A color scheme unique to the four major pro sports (dont @ me about the Wild). This is a great set and should be brought back full time. 

I mean, yeah, if you exclude the other green and red team of course it's unique. The Lightning also have a very unique blue and white look (don't @ me about the Maple Leafs, Blue Jays, Colts, Cowboys, Royals, Dodgers, Mavericks...)

7 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Very happy. Love the throwback. Perfectly executed. The Devils have never had a full time alternate and they don't need one now. Wearing the red/green a few times a year is the right move. And no they should not go back to red/green full time.

I totally disagree. The Devils owned red and forest/dark green. Red and black with black helmets is the Blackhawks' look. However, if the Devils ever returned to their red and dark green template but with black in place of the green, I would be more accepting to it. Ever since the switch to black trim, there has also been less red and more black on the uniforms, ie. the red yokes on the whites and the red helmets changed to black. The stripe-less black pants became another boring generic look. 

13 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

So are there still 15+ jerseys to be unveiled? Something doesn’t seem right.

If like the last alternate jersey, the Lightning will possibly unveil at Fan Fest on September 23rd.

14 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

I mean, yeah, if you exclude the other green and red team of course it's unique. The Lightning also have a very unique blue and white look (don't @ me about the Maple Leafs, Blue Jays, Colts, Cowboys, Royals, Dodgers, Mavericks...)

"Don't @ me about the Wild"

@'s me about the Wild

They have a majority darker almost hunter green uniform with a few brick red-colored accents. It's really nothing like the Devils kelly green and bright red. This would be like arguing the Sabres and Predators have similar schemes. 

11 hours ago, Ark said:

The Wild are green and red. Red and green is unique in the four major sports just like green and blue would be if that's what the Seattle team uses. 

“Hi. We’re your closest neighbor and probably your biggest rival. We love your taste in color, though. Very original! Good luck in the NHL.”

Vancouver+Canucks+v+Philadelphia+Flyers+

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

14 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

I totally disagree. The Devils owned red and forest/dark green. Red and black with black helmets is the Blackhawks' look. However, if the Devils ever returned to their red and dark green template but with black in place of the green, I would be more accepting to it. Ever since the switch to black trim, there has also been less red and more black on the uniforms, ie. the red yokes on the whites and the red helmets changed to black. The stripe-less black pants became another boring generic look. 

Totally agree on that.  It was considered sacrilege to change to the current uni's, but man that set before was so drab.  The colors didn't help, but it was the usage and striping pattern that made it blah.  I still just recoloring the old template would look fantastic.  Plenty of red on that road jersey, and white to separate the black and red on the home.

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I've always thought that a red, black and green color scheme would work for the Devils.

It wouldn't be the weirdest thought you've had here.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I've always thought that a red, black and green color scheme would work for the Devils.

You know, that's a pretty good idea. Black and green would work well together for shading. 

I'm mostly anti-red/green for the Devils, if only because:

11-cup-chere-faytok-fc3a508bac69fc7c.jpg 51QCK0R2RTL._AC_UL320_SR176,320_.jpg

cropped_GettyImages-53122192.jpg?ts=1500304039

The team had their best years (three Stanley Cups, nothing to sneeze at) in red/black and in the classic template. The red/black period also incorporated the career of one of the best goalies in NHL history (Brodeur).

I also maintain that the Devils are unique among the red/black teams. They emphasize black a bit more than the Blackhawks at home, while pushing red on the road a little more than the Blackhawks. The striping is different enough from the Senators, while they don't incorporate silver like the Hurricanes. The red/black color scheme has become their "correct" look. Just add a hem stripe to the current uniforms and a black alternate, and they'd be good to go.

Archived