NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The colour scheme just seems disjointed to the team name.

I don't mentally associate Christmas colours with a devil, so I think that is what makes me not love it as much as seemingly everyone else. 

Just because I know it is coming: no I don't think it is mandatory to match colours to what animals are in nature, or what have you, stuff along those lines.

In this case, I just think it is weak branding to use red and green. I am sure I will be on an island.?

34 minutes ago, Placebo said:

The colour scheme just seems disjointed to the team name.

I don't mentally associate Christmas colours with a devil, so I think that is what makes me not love it as much as seemingly everyone else. 

Just because I know it is coming: no I don't think it is mandatory to match colours to what animals are in nature, or what have you, stuff along those lines.

In this case, I just think it is weak branding to use red and green. I am sure I will be on an island.?

The green came from the pine barrens where the Jersey Devil is said to roam and green for the Garden State which is New Jersey's official nickname.

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

3 minutes ago, Chico said:

The green came from the pine barrens where the Jersey Devil is said to roam and green for the Garden State which is New Jersey's official nickname.

I don't doubt it. I just don't think it fits the name as well as the current with black 

Love the red and green colours, hate the dated striping.  I wish the Devils would just take their cup winning set, replace black with green, and go with that full time.

11 minutes ago, Ark said:

Well this is their uniform now so forget about the Brodeur era

636487075624185538-devskings2.JPG

Looks as bad as it did the day it was unveiled.  Just putrid.

On 8/21/2018 at 11:02 PM, Ark said:

The Wild are green and red. Red and green is unique in the four major sports just like green and blue would be if that's what the Seattle team uses. 

17 hours ago, Ark said:

The Canucks use blue and green, not green and blue. 

It’s the same damn thing. The color schemes are the same if the primary colors are the same. It’s fine if the way teams use them is different. When the Wild used a red home, nobody called it a rebrand.

20 hours ago, BrianLion said:

This would be like arguing the Sabres and Predators have similar schemes. 

They use literally the exact same shades of navy and gold, so how are they not similar? Emphasizing one color over another does not change what the color scheme is. The Preds could change back to a navy home in a few years, and nobody would bat an eye.

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

They use literally the exact same shades of navy and gold, so how are they not similar? Emphasizing one color over another does not change what the color scheme is. The Preds could change back to a navy home in a few years, and nobody would bat an eye.

this is the height of trying to be a pedant. The Preds are a gold dominant team, that use navy as a secondary, The Sabres are a navy dominant team, who uses gold as an accent (along with silver for some reason?), while they contain two of the same colors, they're schemes are completely flip-flopped.

1 hour ago, BrianLion said:

this is the height of trying to be a pedant. The Preds are a gold dominant team, that use navy as a secondary, The Sabres are a navy dominant team, who uses gold as an accent (along with silver for some reason?), while they contain two of the same colors, they're schemes are completely flip-flopped.

Their color schemes are extremely similar (the dumb silver is the only difference); they use that same color scheme in different ways.

Pedantry would be taking teams that use the same colors and telling people they actually don't.

Are the Cowboys a white first team, because they wear their white jerseys whenever they can?

19 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I've always thought that a red, black and green color scheme would work for the Devils.

and every concept I've seen that tries it looks like a big brown muddy doodoo mess.

Red and black or red and green. Pick one. Don't Chargers the Devils.  

PvO6ZWJ.png

50 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Don't Chargers the Devils.  

The New York Devils of New Jersey

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

16 hours ago, Ark said:

Well this is their uniform now so forget about the Brodeur era

636487075624185538-devskings2.JPG

I think that the enlargened stripes look much better than the Brodeur era stripes. These have a little bit more pop of color (on the arms and socks of course). I think if these had a tail stripe, and a slightly more rounded yoke, these would have been a good update to the previous jerseys. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 8/22/2018 at 10:28 AM, Ark said:

The Canucks use blue and green, not green and blue. 

Normally, I’d agree with you, but the proximity of the two cities and the intangibles of the situation *must* be considered before that kind of argument can be made.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I just feel like I need to add this every time I see it, even though I’m petitioning an empty sky, it makes me want to yell everytime I hear the term “Christmas Colours”.  I am so sick of hearing about how red and green are “Christmas colours”. There are like 2 teams in every major league that wear orange and black, nobody complains about those being “Halloween colours”. A bunch of teams wear red and gold, I don’t hear any complaints about those being “McDonalds colours”. 

Colours can represent more than one thing. Why don’t people get upset at Italy or Bulgaria or Belarus or Turkmenistan for using Christmas colours on their flags? If you associate a certain colour scheme so strongly with a specific holiday that you can’t see past it when a team uses them it means it should be used more often, not less.

Archived