NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, poser said:

this is bad

This is a great example of a logo that can be fine in one application and terrible in another. Even accepting the tiny sun in the middle of the logo that is half wiped out by the red line, it doesn't even look like it's centered? Cut off more on the left than the right? With a little care, I think this could have been a very solid center ice design. Expand the logo out so the 2 and 5 don't get cut off by the red line. Kern the text in the blue so it isn't cut off by the red line, either. Either push the little banner stubs outside the faceoff circle (if allowed) or just get rid of them.

6 hours ago, Brass said:

Disagree. I think this is a really solid anniversary logo. Not "bad" by any stretch of the imagination.

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

This is a great example of a logo that can be fine in one application and terrible in another. Even accepting the tiny sun in the middle of the logo that is half wiped out by the red line, it doesn't even look like it's centered? Cut off more on the left than the right? With a little care, I think this could have been a very solid center ice design. Expand the logo out so the 2 and 5 don't get cut off by the red line. Kern the text in the blue so it isn't cut off by the red line, either. Either push the little banner stubs outside the faceoff circle (if allowed) or just get rid of them.

I just can’t figure out why they used Oregon State’s numbers instead of their own. ?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

what is this?

Probably some promo work for NBC if it's in Chicago.  Maybe Sportsnet.  I know Sportsnet were shooting some promo stuff the last couple of the days, but I don't know where.  

On 9/5/2018 at 9:35 PM, Ark said:

The blue Oilers jersey looks too much like the Islanders but not as good. If they didn't win in the 80s, no one would have any attachment to it. It's fine for a throwback alternate though.

That being said,

GettyImages-914689602-1024x648.jpg

is better than

JKgTazL.jpg

and I would love to see a navy alternate.

I disagree like 200% lol. Of course, I'm a highly biased Oilers fan, but I think the Oilers royal blue looks 10x better than the Isles', which I don't like very much. Second, I think the current orange is way too bright and hard on the eyes, and makes the team look like pylons. I have nothing against navy but prefer the royal blue. So I think the 2016-2017 orange jersey was perfect. In fact, I think the entire 2016-17 set was perfect - royal blue home, white away, orange third.

23 hours ago, ujju2 said:

I disagree like 200% lol. Of course, I'm a highly biased Oilers fan, but I think the Oilers royal blue looks 10x better than the Isles', which I don't like very much. Second, I think the current orange is way too bright and hard on the eyes, and makes the team look like pylons. I have nothing against navy but prefer the royal blue. So I think the 2016-2017 orange jersey was perfect. In fact, I think the entire 2016-17 set was perfect - royal blue home, white away, orange third.

I completely agree.  The Navy and orange just don't sit well with me for the Oilers.  And I also think the Navy works much better for the Islanders anyways.  I think the 2007 set was their best look ever and wish they could go back to it.

Islanders25.png

43 minutes ago, jdavidev said:

I completely agree.  The Navy and orange just don't sit well with me for the Oilers.  And I also think the Navy works much better for the Islanders anyways.  I think the 2007 set was their best look ever and wish they could go back to it.

Islanders25.png

You either must have been working really long hours and is very tired or sick and don't know what you are talking about.  Either way, there's no way, even with differing opinions, can the 2007 set be the best ever look for the Islanders.  If you were to say the set before Reebok ruined hockey, then I would agree with you.

On 9/5/2018 at 9:35 PM, Ark said:

The blue Oilers jersey looks too much like the Islanders but not as good. If they didn't win in the 80s, no one would have any attachment to it. It's fine for a throwback alternate though.

That being said,

GettyImages-914689602-1024x648.jpg

is better than

JKgTazL.jpg

I agree.

The darker navy pops better when paired with the light orange color. With two lighter colors, it's a little too 80s to be the full-time look. I like seeing a little progression, in terms of team uniform aesthetics. The new look has both classic features as well as new ones. Best of both worlds.

Archived