ldconcepts

NHL 2018-19

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Morgo said:

That gold circle around the Knights logo is so obtrusive and unnecessary. 

Yet amazing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is necessary to them. They need to flaunt that they weren't made to change their name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, poser said:

 

 

this is bad

This is a great example of a logo that can be fine in one application and terrible in another. Even accepting the tiny sun in the middle of the logo that is half wiped out by the red line, it doesn't even look like it's centered? Cut off more on the left than the right? With a little care, I think this could have been a very solid center ice design. Expand the logo out so the 2 and 5 don't get cut off by the red line. Kern the text in the blue so it isn't cut off by the red line, either. Either push the little banner stubs outside the faceoff circle (if allowed) or just get rid of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Brass said:

 

Disagree. I think this is a really solid anniversary logo. Not "bad" by any stretch of the imagination.

 

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

This is a great example of a logo that can be fine in one application and terrible in another. Even accepting the tiny sun in the middle of the logo that is half wiped out by the red line, it doesn't even look like it's centered? Cut off more on the left than the right? With a little care, I think this could have been a very solid center ice design. Expand the logo out so the 2 and 5 don't get cut off by the red line. Kern the text in the blue so it isn't cut off by the red line, either. Either push the little banner stubs outside the faceoff circle (if allowed) or just get rid of them.

 

I just can’t figure out why they used Oregon State’s numbers instead of their own. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that's going to look very good once it's been skated over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

what is this?

 

 

 

 

Probably some promo work for NBC if it's in Chicago.  Maybe Sportsnet.  I know Sportsnet were shooting some promo stuff the last couple of the days, but I don't know where.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 9:35 PM, Ark said:

The blue Oilers jersey looks too much like the Islanders but not as good. If they didn't win in the 80s, no one would have any attachment to it. It's fine for a throwback alternate though.

 

That being said,

 

GettyImages-914689602-1024x648.jpg

 

is better than

 

JKgTazL.jpg

 

and I would love to see a navy alternate.

 

I disagree like 200% lol. Of course, I'm a highly biased Oilers fan, but I think the Oilers royal blue looks 10x better than the Isles', which I don't like very much. Second, I think the current orange is way too bright and hard on the eyes, and makes the team look like pylons. I have nothing against navy but prefer the royal blue. So I think the 2016-2017 orange jersey was perfect. In fact, I think the entire 2016-17 set was perfect - royal blue home, white away, orange third.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Derp

Edited by mamiller99
Can't put an image on here, but Jackets are wearing their blue helmets with their away whites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mamiller99 said:

Derp

It was probably a rookie tournament where each player had one helmet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

They do that every year at the Traverse City tournament.

 

cut.jpg

 

It's so they don't have to pack a second set of helmets and it always looks like butt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ujju2 said:

 

I disagree like 200% lol. Of course, I'm a highly biased Oilers fan, but I think the Oilers royal blue looks 10x better than the Isles', which I don't like very much. Second, I think the current orange is way too bright and hard on the eyes, and makes the team look like pylons. I have nothing against navy but prefer the royal blue. So I think the 2016-2017 orange jersey was perfect. In fact, I think the entire 2016-17 set was perfect - royal blue home, white away, orange third.

I completely agree.  The Navy and orange just don't sit well with me for the Oilers.  And I also think the Navy works much better for the Islanders anyways.  I think the 2007 set was their best look ever and wish they could go back to it.

Islanders25.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, jdavidev said:

the 2007 set

ewwww

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, jdavidev said:

I completely agree.  The Navy and orange just don't sit well with me for the Oilers.  And I also think the Navy works much better for the Islanders anyways.  I think the 2007 set was their best look ever and wish they could go back to it.

Islanders25.png

 

You either must have been working really long hours and is very tired or sick and don't know what you are talking about.  Either way, there's no way, even with differing opinions, can the 2007 set be the best ever look for the Islanders.  If you were to say the set before Reebok ruined hockey, then I would agree with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 9:35 PM, Ark said:

The blue Oilers jersey looks too much like the Islanders but not as good. If they didn't win in the 80s, no one would have any attachment to it. It's fine for a throwback alternate though.

 

That being said,

 

GettyImages-914689602-1024x648.jpg

 

is better than

 

JKgTazL.jpg

 

I agree.

 

The darker navy pops better when paired with the light orange color. With two lighter colors, it's a little too 80s to be the full-time look. I like seeing a little progression, in terms of team uniform aesthetics. The new look has both classic features as well as new ones. Best of both worlds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now