NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

8 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I miss the four stripe alternate logo :( 

Another sin of the 2007 set? It killed the previous set. The 2007 set was so bad it just killed off any interest anyone had in the navy and orange colour scheme. 

The Islanders could still very well be wearing the pre-Edge update of the Dynasty look had the 2007 change not occurred.

I don't. The lighthouse from the Fisherman set was a far better alternate logo.

I too support the Islanders wearing navy/orange, to differentiate themselves from both the Oilers and Rangers. My only real complaint is that they should have used single-outlined instead of double-outlined numbers.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

@Morgo

I miss the four stripe alternate logo :(

This logo was nice.  A classy tribute to what the team accomplished and not at all an admission of never winning a championship again as many people have pointed out.

I think the only reason the current set was well received is because people saw it as a liberation from Reebok's tacky vision.  Now that some time has passed we are seeing the merits of pre-edge look and are questioning the decision to go with the pre-dynasty era striping.  It's too white-heavy and doesn't make a lot of sense.

4 hours ago, Morgo said:

The praise the Islanders first Edge set is getting is baffling.  Even if you 86'ed the front numbers & phantom shoulder yokes, you still have those awkwardly tapered sleeve stripes to sink the design.

Agreed.  This set is everything a successful update needs to be and has the best number treatment in the history of the franchise.

I find that set extremely boring. Too much navy and too bland for my liking. I think if the isles had a better logo that set would be better, but that's why I liked the edge set. The design made up for their crappy logo. 

On the flipside, I LOVE the rangers old liberty thirds because of the simplicity and bold logo. I guess for me, if a jersey is going to be pretty minimal it has to have a good logo (Red Wings immediately come to mind) 

7 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Dm1IuwsU8AABVXu.jpg

Dm1IuwpUUAATqiW.jpg

Assuming they're done with the logo part, kudos to the Ducks for keeping it simple. It's not a great anniversary logo, but they're using it well here. Contrast this with what the Panthers just did.

52 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Assuming they're done with the logo part, kudos to the Ducks for keeping it simple. It's not a great anniversary logo, but they're using it well here. Contrast this with what the Panthers just did.

Sure, I applaud the simplicity. But the 5 is still ugly haha.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

8 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Sure, I applaud the simplicity. But the 5 is still ugly haha.

For sure. If they could push it back to like 4 months pregnant instead of 10 months pregnant, I think they'd have something.

28 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

Is it possible adidas is getting rid of the button on the retail authentics? This looks like a retail jersey that the Ducks sent JJ Watt. Has the tags still on it, and the slightly thinner collar as compared to the on-ice version.

Yeah the dots/buttons are gone this year.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I don't. The lighthouse from the Fisherman set was a far better alternate logo.

I too support the Islanders wearing navy/orange, to differentiate themselves from both the Oilers and Rangers. My only real complaint is that they should have used single-outlined instead of double-outlined numbers.

Then you, my friend, should check out the concepts page. 

Agree all all around though

2 hours ago, M4One said:

As the days go by, I'm starting to like the Ducks anniversary jersey even more.  The number font needs to be changed, but it's better than the current mess they got now.

IMO the number font is the best part of the current look, and it (along with the D-foot) should stay in any future rebrand. Maybe I need to take another trip to Unpopular Opinions in the future.

ExJworW.png

I just hoped that the team would never bring back a black sweater. All black Sharks sweaters were ruined by the reverse sweep.

Thornton-Sad2389.gif

However, I still like the pattern on the stripes and the lack of orange. I’ll wait until the full set comes out to pass judgement, if it’s more than a fashion jersey.

Archived