NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

3 hours ago, M4One said:

As the days go by, I'm starting to like the Ducks anniversary jersey even more.  The number font needs to be changed, but it's better than the current mess they got now.

Mess for a mess.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Ark said:

Not wearing a uniform because you lost some games while wearing it is so stupid.

It wasn’t just some games. It was a reverse sweep against a geographic rival, and it was the culmination of many a big playoff loss for the team. Also, when the team is know for teal, they shouldn’t be wearing their black alternates in the playoffs. You can understand why I, as a fan, don’t want to see the team wear black again.

I’m just hoping that the Sharks undergo a big redesign, dumping black and orange as team colors and emphasizing multiple teal/blue/green shades with gray/silver. A Seals throwback/fauxback would also be nice.

The Sens brass met with members of the media today to give more details about the plan for the upcoming season. 

An interesting tidbit was that they’ll be bringing back the Heritage Classic uniforms from last year. They will be worn for every Thursday home game. 

They also are still exploring a rebrand for the ‘19-‘20 season. Both the =O= and 2-D centurion were mentioned as possibilities.

They've also returned the 3-D logo to centre ice. 

Dm6LeRlVAAAbdTW.jpg:large

17 hours ago, philly97flyer said:

Is it possible adidas is getting rid of the button on the retail authentics? This looks like a retail jersey that the Ducks sent JJ Watt. Has the tags still on it, and the slightly thinner collar as compared to the on-ice version.

I didn’t know this when my Tavares jersey arrived and was livid (not because I like the button, but rather that I was sent tampered/damaged product). So i scoured the Internet and luckily found the answer on CoolHockey’s site. 

As for the Sharks, despite my love of teal and black I feel like they may have really missed the boat again here. I also have strongly sour on the primary logo, not the design itself by the art style. 

untitled-6.jpg

49 minutes ago, Prince Harry said:

The leaked Jets jersey is getting raked over the coals on social media. What I’ve learned with the broader hockey fan base is the consensus seems to only want retro jerseys back. 

I've learned that social media will hate on pretty much any new jerseys or logos no matter what. Don't get me wrong, hate is justified in some cases, but it seems like a universal thing now. I remember seeing complaints on the Vikings' page when they very very slightly tweaked their logo.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

The avs third is a nice sweater, I just love the new homes so much it will suck to have the alt take its place 12 times a year...

I think it's damn hideous and muddles their brand.  I hate mixing colors for thirds, and only tolerated when it's a historic throwback.  Even then, the Green Bay Packers look ridiculous wearing navy, the Jets wearing navy, and the Eagles wearing satin blue.  I don't like Columbus wearing union blue, nor the old Panthers doing the same thing.

The shoulder yoke on Colorado's third is weird looking.  Would have looked better if it were rounded.  The flag shoulder logo is plain lazy.  I really think they are missing an opportunity to go with a burgundy alternate.  Their very first might actually have been their best uniform except for the diagonal script.  Certainly their best alternate jersey.

I like that the Jets third is a call back to a previous jersey from the Jets 1.0.  But, and it's a big but, script logos should not be on the front of any jersey, not even on an alternate.  Had they included a jet flying through the script, similar to the logo that was on the jersey they are basing this on, I might have given it a pass.

As for the Sharks, seems like the design on the sleeves might be circuitry since it's silicon valley.  I like what they did with the logo.  

Finally, teams are definitely realizing how ridiculous the collar is and making the necessary adjustments.

Archived