ldconcepts

NHL 2018-19

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, poser said:

 

 

 

Has a team debuted a jersey in the preseason before?

 

"Our lips are sealed"

 

Seals throwback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ark said:

 

"Our lips are sealed"

 

Seals throwback.

Doubt it'll be that.  It's going to be the black jersey coming back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bowld said:

1050540%20-%20ADIDAS%20Retro%20Jersey.jp

 

It's the perfect alternate, if it's gonna be an occasional switch from standard red, black, with yellow accents. And because of team history.

 

I don't think a full time return will be good because this old scheme will feel washed out very fast (see the Edmonton Oilers) and because there are enough all red teams as is...

 

7290646.jpg

 

event_image-144.jpg    

 

carolina-hurricanes-pucks-pints-canes-vs

 

Carolina-Hurricanes-vs-New-York-Islander

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The actual uniform is bad, but I think the Flames had the right idea with their 90s uniforms

 

BHmjkKL.jpg

 

Fix the striping and put an outline on the shoulders and you have a great uniform.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notice how you don't need shoulder patches. I wish the Canucks would drop their addiction to putting logos on everything/everywhere they are able to. Less is more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bayne said:

Notice how you don't need shoulder patches. I wish the Canucks would drop their addiction to putting logos on everything/everywhere they are able to. Less is more. 

Disagree. The Canucks have no more logos on their uniforms than any other team, hell some teams have multiple helmet logos. Most jerseys look bare without shoulder patches and the Canucks are no different, the stick in rink looks great on the shoulder 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Disagree. The Canucks have no more logos on their uniforms than any other team, hell some teams have multiple helmet logos. Most jerseys look bare without shoulder patches and the Canucks are no different, the stick in rink looks great on the shoulder 

 

Disagree. It clutters up a jersey with already enough going on. Logo+wordmark+different logo on helmet+shoulder patches is okay sometimes, but it looks too busy for the Canucks, especially when you add in the dumb white half collar as well. Just as mess. Pretty soon we're going to have sponsor logos to contend with as well...look forward to that.

 

Look at Detroit. Pure and classy. Don't see many people at all complaining about their look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bayne said:

Look at Detroit. Pure and classy. Don't see many people at all complaining about their look.

 

Chicago was rated #1 in the NHL's 25 all-time best uniforms as voted by fans. They have had the yellow C with the crossed stone hammers shoulder patch for decades. Originally, the C logo used to be on their arm stripes, which likely inspired the white V's on the Canucks' original timeless sweater. Therefore, the Blackhawks are the pioneers of secondary logos, followed by the Bruins' growling bear shoulder patch in the mid-late 70's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

 

It's the perfect alternate, if it's gonna be an occasional switch from standard red, black, with yellow accents. And because of team history.

 

I don't think a full time return will be good because this old scheme will feel washed out very fast (see the Edmonton Oilers) and because there are enough all red teams as is...

 

7290646.jpg

 

event_image-144.jpg    

 

carolina-hurricanes-pucks-pints-canes-vs

 

Carolina-Hurricanes-vs-New-York-Islander

 

 

 

Calgary's red and yellow-gold look is timeless and distinctive. The Flames became the NHL's second all-red team after Detroit when Atlanta first joined the league in '72. Their uniform match-ups vs other clubs looked great on TV and would look great in HD. Time to promote them to full-time and relegate black to alternate status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the idea Calgary uniform has no black, but has a darker red for better contrast.

For example:

Spoiler

updated+flames.png

Calgary+Flames+Concept.png

 

Spoiler

9aNAII1.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bayne said:

 

Disagree. It clutters up a jersey with already enough going on. Logo+wordmark+different logo on helmet+shoulder patches is okay sometimes, but it looks too busy for the Canucks, especially when you add in the dumb white half collar as well. Just as mess. Pretty soon we're going to have sponsor logos to contend with as well...look forward to that.

 

Look at Detroit. Pure and classy. Don't see many people at all complaining about their look.

That’s an issue with the Canucks logo itself, not that they have shoulder patches.

 

Detroit has been around so long the uniform will never be changed, despite how bare it is. It’s got the same thing going on as the Oakland Raiders or NY Giants where it has so little detail it reminds you of a practice jersey.

 

If you have a particularly intricate design you can have no shoulders but if you have simplistic striping like the Canucks a shoulder patch only helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say shoulder patches are a big part of a jersey. I think shoulder patches greatly improve a jersey, provided the team has a good enough alternate logo to use and they put it on both shoulders.

 

What's the reasoning again for Nashville only having the shoulder patch on one shoulder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the Flames' original threads and I like the Flames 04 set. I'm fine if they go back to either one, though as that concept with the original striping but a touch of black might be the best way to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bayne said:

Notice how you don't need shoulder patches. I wish the Canucks would drop their addiction to putting logos on everything/everywhere they are able to. Less is more. 

 

My problem with the stick in rink on the primaries is that it looks so damn big.  Maybe it's just me, but have shoulder logos gotten bigger over the years?  The Canucks should drop the Johnny Canuck/V hybrid on their previous alternate if that's coming back as I'm no fan of that logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Flames could just redistribute the hierarchy of their colors to have something very similar to past looks but cleaner and new. 

 

I made this concept not too long ago 

cal2.png.71dbac6016c41cde79f69364ccf1f04

 

keeps black in in the rotation but drops it to a tertiary color along with the gold. I feel these cover a lot of the things people want for the flames. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

STICKING with the Sharks...

 

twsHDYG.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, poser said:

 

 

Official and (terrible)

 

Two things ...

 

1) Who unveils a logo at 11pm on a Saturday night?

2) It's not that horrible ... I think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now