NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's far from the best that the Sharks have had but the fact that it's almost entirely devoid of orange looks really nice.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

13 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Chicago was rated #1 in the NHL's 25 all-time best uniforms as voted by fans. They have had the yellow C with the crossed stone hammers shoulder patch for decades. Originally, the C logo used to be on their arm stripes, which likely inspired the white V's on the Canucks' original timeless sweater. Therefore, the Blackhawks are the pioneers of secondary logos, followed by the Bruins' growling bear shoulder patch in the mid-late 70's.

And your point is? Just because a team has done it and done it well, doesn't mean that every team should automatically be doing it.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

13 hours ago, Chromatic said:

That’s an issue with the Canucks logo itself, not that they have shoulder patches.

If you have a particularly intricate design you can have no shoulders but if you have simplistic striping like the Canucks a shoulder patch only helps.

a) Yes it's an issue with the Canucks logo itself, but that doesn't mean that the shoulder patches criticism is invalid. It's the whole package. That's what we're dealing with, so you gotta make it work.

b) The Canucks chest logo is definitely more intricate than most logos in the league. And I just listed a bunch of superfluous stuff on their jerseys that contribute to an overall mess IMO. It's not just a (simple) logo and some basic striping. It's about 3 other things as welll.

1 hour ago, Bayne said:

a) Yes it's an issue with the Canucks logo itself, but that doesn't mean that the shoulder patches criticism is invalid. It's the whole package. That's what we're dealing with, so you gotta make it work.

b) The Canucks chest logo is definitely more intricate than most logos in the league. And I just listed a bunch of superfluous stuff on their jerseys that contribute to an overall mess IMO. It's not just a (simple) logo and some basic striping. It's about 3 other things as welll.

Exactly, sounds like they should get rid of that overdetailed ugly mess of a logo rather than drop shoulder patches entirely.

I’m glad we agree.

27 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Exactly, sounds like they should get rid of that overdetailed ugly mess of a logo rather than drop shoulder patches entirely.

I’m glad we agree.

Well you managed to misconstrue my argument into something primarily concerning the main logo when that wasn't what I was talking about. I evaluate each jersey on its own merit - the Canucks jersey, as it currently is, doesn't need shoulder patches. They're unnecessary and contribute to an excess of elements (as yes, are probably too big as well).

11 hours ago, Bayne said:

And your point is? Just because a team has done it and done it well, doesn't mean that every team should automatically be doing it.

And my point is?? Just because there are teams that haven't added a secondary logo(Detroit as your example), that doesn't mean that every team shouldn't have a secondary logo.

There's my point. Have a good day.

4 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Tampa Bay and LA are two I can think of...I was hoping for a Lightning release for fan fest today but I don’t think it happened 

Icethetics is projecting a throwback Caps jersey too...we'll see. (ldconcepts and I posted at nearly the same time)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

A couple things about the Sharks jersey.  First, they need to ditch the current shoulder logos on their primaries for the fin logo.  Both current ones don't really have the look of a shoulder logo, but more of primary.  Second, despite the lack of hem stripes, I really liked the jersey and what they did with the logos.  But, the white numbers messes up the look a bit.  I hate the idea of blacked out numbers, but this might be the one time were it would make sense.  That or teal numbers with a white outline.

6 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

And my point is?? Just because there are teams that haven't added a secondary logo(Detroit as your example), that doesn't mean that every team shouldn't have a secondary logo.

There's my point. Have a good day.

Well I never said that every team shouldn't have a secondary logo. All I said was you don't need them. It's amazing how so many things I say get misread and then thrown back at me as if I'm some kind of moron.

Archived