ldconcepts

NHL 2018-19

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

This thing has murder in its eyes

It already threatened the Penguins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

This thing has murder in its eyes

It’s seriously freaky as hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, appleclock said:

Please tell me it was half price hotdogs...

The Ketchup vs Mustard game

Carolina vs Nashville, preseason

Tuesday, September 25

aPVIIpo_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

kxdufKh_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

UJjn4LM_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I bet you’re relishing in your wit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2018 at 4:11 PM, mafiaman said:

2igp0x.jpg

                                          Well, that didn't take long...

2iqkm4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AndrewG70 said:

I bet you’re relishing in your wit.

 

I bet he’s wishing he coulda squeezed a better joke out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, be a sport, pepper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Placebo said:

It already threatened the Penguins.

And straight up shot a dude in the back with a t-shirt cannon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gritty is certified awesome.

 

Usually no one cares when a team introduces a new mascot, but the hockey world can't stop talking about Gritty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ark said:

Gritty is certified awesome.

 

Usually no one cares when a team introduces a new mascot, but the hockey world can't stop talking about Gritty. 

 

I can't help but wonder if Gritty might mark a turning point in team mascots.

 

While mascots, in theory, exist in order to appeal to children, the reality is that they always seem to walk the line between cute and terrifying. The response to Gritty seems to suggest that embracing the terror, and playing up the psychotic muppet aspects of mascots generates far more buzz than trying to play it safe and appeal to kids. 

 

Come to think of it, the Bruins arguably started exploring this idea with their Hockey Rules series of commercials from a few years back. Gritty just represents an evolution of the concept into an on-ice mascot. 

 

So the question is...where do we go from here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2018 at 2:43 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

So....the flyers have a mascot now...."Gritty"

Gritty+Flyers+MAscot+Thumb.jpg

Philadelphia_Flyers_-_Join_us_in_welcomi

 

I always wondered who murdered everybody in McDonaldsland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Thaumatrope said:

 

I can't help but wonder if Gritty might mark a turning point in team mascots.

 

While mascots, in theory, exist in order to appeal to children, the reality is that they always seem to walk the line between cute and terrifying. The response to Gritty seems to suggest that embracing the terror, and playing up the psychotic muppet aspects of mascots generates far more buzz than trying to play it safe and appeal to kids. 

 

Come to think of it, the Bruins arguably started exploring this idea with their Hockey Rules series of commercials from a few years back. Gritty just represents an evolution of the concept into an on-ice mascot. 

 

So the question is...where do we go from here?

I hope it stays a Philadelphia thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thaumatrope said:

Come to think of it, the Bruins arguably started exploring this idea with their Hockey Rules series of commercials from a few years back. Gritty just represents an evolution of the concept into an on-ice mascot. 

 

The spots with the bear were funny on their own. This is just the Twitter/Reddit/Deadspin complex jerking itself off. Tell me I'm wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're not wrong, but Gritty is still good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, the admiral said:

 

The spots with the bear were funny on their own. This is just the Twitter/Reddit/Deadspin complex jerking itself off. Tell me I'm wrong.

 

I don't know if I fully agree with that. Yes, there is no small degree of circle-jerkery taking place on the platforms you've mentioned, but they're also far more connected to the mainstream than they were just a few short years ago. The fact that I've seen Gritty discussed on digg suggests that he's not only transcended the hockey community, but the sports community as a whole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

I'd bet Carolina Hurricanes and their Hartford Whalers retro

 

My body isn't ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Icethetics is a Lightning fan and says it will blow you away...might it be the 90s storm jersey?

 

Might be too, but TBL doesn't match with "Special Uniform" at least for me. It's an alternate jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now