NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jp1409 said:

As much as I like these this doesn't feel right at all... Carolina should leave Hartford alone.

Apparently most of twitter agrees. Wow. I'm surprised at how many people are not loving it.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

1 minute ago, jp1409 said:

As a former Nordiques and Expos fan I'd be totally pissed seeing the Avs and Nats wearing my teams very "local" and distinctive uniforms as throwbacks...

I'm not from Seattle and they weren't my favorite team, but I'd be really offended if the Thunder wear a Sonics throwback,

Since they are based in Raleigh, they can claim Wake County, add a hurricane warning flag to the shoulders, call themselves the Wake County Hurricanes, and adopt that look full-time. The W stands for Wake County, and the H for Hurricanes.

The only way this could be better is if they were wearing the navy blue version for one of the two nights. It's an extremely good jersey, but not as good as the green.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

4 minutes ago, B-mer said:

it would certainly be weird if the Coyotes wore Jets 1.0 throwbacks...  

It would be a :censored:ing kick in the nuts for Winnipeg fans... This is no different and even worse considering Winnipeg rightfully got a team back.

This just rubs me the wrong way. Just a cash grab so fans of other teams who will likely never have to worry about relocation can buy this for nostalgia purposes. I know the Canes own this history, but it still feels wrong. 

Maybe there’s Whalers fans who will buy it just to replace an old worn out jersey but man would it mess me up to give money to the franchise that skipped town.  I guess if you weren’t from Hartford that wouldn’t matter much but still. 

Has any other relocated team done a throwback jersey to their original city? This looks to be the first.

Atlanta --> Calgary

Kansas City --> Colorado --> New Jersey

North Stars --> Dallas

Quebec --> Colorado

Winnipeg --> Phoenix

Hartford --> Carolina (doing Whalers throwback)

Atlanta --> Winnipeg

Archived