NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

20 hours ago, Morgo said:

The logo treatment is such a disappointment after seeing this...

olubMxb.jpg

That logo never appeared on the uniforms, though. If they used that logo, it would have been a giant disappointment.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, M4One said:

Nothing new here, just wanted to post a pic of a NHL goalie wearing number 19.  Mikko Koskinen is a Finnish goalie who also wore 19 for the Finnish national team and his team in the KHL.

hkn-oilers-flames-201809178.jpg

Just gonna say this that the away uniform looks 1000 times better than the home, sure the royal blue is cool but I like this version more. 

zyyMk1d.png

1 hour ago, Brass said:

That logo never appeared on the uniforms, though. If they used that logo, it would have been a giant disappointment.

Neither did the adidas collar or those weird perforated shoulders.  I'd rather they make the uniform look as good as possible than 100% accurate.  The logo treatment on that jersey doesn't work as blue and green should never touch.

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

Neither did the adidas collar or those weird perforated shoulders.  I'd rather they make the uniform look as good as possible than 100% accurate.  The logo treatment on that jersey doesn't work as blue and green should never touch.

Where do they touch?

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Re: Oilers

I like navy and orange as a color combo, I’m just not sure I ever liked it for the Oilers particularly because they looked SO good in royal and orange. I mean, they looked really good then. Top 5 in the league good.

Now on the other hand - and this is not to say the Islanders don’t look good now or didn’t from their establishment - but my honest opinion is they looked their best in navy and orange themselves, contrary to the Oilers.

If I had my way, I’d ideally and in a heartbeat swap the two and have the Oilers in royal and orange and the Islanders in navy and orange. I think both teams just pulled off those respective combos best between the two. It’s just in the way both sets distributed and used those colors, I guess.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

41 minutes ago, Ark said:

The official version is much better IMO because the H is more subtle. 

Maybe, but from a distance the blue is almost invisible.  The treatment on the t-shirt showcases their beautiful colour scheme in a more effective way IMO.

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

If I had my way, I’d ideally and in a heartbeat swap the two and have the Oilers in royal and orange and the Islanders in navy and orange.

No, the Islanders need to stay in royal blue and orange for the connection to New York and to the dynasty. The Oilers also need to stick with the uniforms from their dynasty. It's not a perfect situation, but that's the way it goes. I think orange over navy would be good for a Hamilton Tigers team, for what little that's worth.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

People who value contrast.

22 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Maybe, but from a distance the blue is almost invisible.  The treatment on the t-shirt showcases their beautiful colour scheme in a more effective way IMO.

The blue is trim. It’s meant to be subtle. The logo’s hierarchy is whale tail-W-H and, in my opinion, using the white keyline and background on a dark garment makes the “hidden” H too obvious. It showcases the color scheme, but at the expense of the mark’s hierarchy and presence, because the green W recedes into the green background. Granted it’s not the worst, but it’s certainly not the most elegant or powerful way to show it. There’s a reason that sports is the only place you see a white keyline added to make a logo work on dark backgrounds; it’s not the best way to design a mark.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

10 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

Just gonna say this that the away uniform looks 1000 times better than the home, sure the royal blue is cool but I like this version more. 

Agreed. Probably because in the home uniform, the blue and orange touch, which makes the blue look drab and dark. They tried to employ the same striping pattern on the home unis, but it just doesn't work with an orange base. All they really have to do is thicken the white stripes and the interior navy and go white/navy/white on the stripes.

Remember we had the guy a few pages back talking about how the B's could have a new alternate sweater? Wondering if the B's could unveil a special throwback jersey for the two tilts against the "Whalers"? That would be interesting. Dress how they would in 1991 or something. Is that a possibility?

2 hours ago, NYYNYR said:

Remember we had the guy a few pages back talking about how the B's could have a new alternate sweater? Wondering if the B's could unveil a special throwback jersey for the two tilts against the "Whalers"? That would be interesting. Dress how they would in 1991 or something. Is that a possibility?

Would definitely be interesting

Archived