NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

All of the red seats at Detroit's Little Caesars Arena — which show up starkly on TV when they're not filled during games — will be swapped for black seats over several months beginning in December, the venue's operator said Monday evening.

The announcement comes 13 months after the building opened and its two primary tenants, the Detroit Red Wings and Detroit Pistons, were the subject of commentary about the unfilled bright red seats during games.

Seats in the entire lower bowl will be covered with temporary black fabric covers for all events during the replacement process, something that was done earlier this year during the 2017-18 Detroit Pistons season.

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/sports/little-caesars-arenas-red-seats-be-swapped-black

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate how disparate their two different jerseys are. Might as well be a totally different team selling their jerseys in the same store. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Am I the only one who misses whites at home? For some reason it still bugs me to see the colored unis at home .

I know this is way out of left field. What brought it to mind was a post on the Ducks IG of the white Mighty jerseys they wore for warmups. Wishing they had thrown back to it.

1 hour ago, B-mer said:

The Ducks jersey certainly looks better on a player, and even the out of place shoulder yokes worked. But, there are definitely times it looks like a Sharks jersey. 

I think many talked about this before...the jersey would have been great if it was eggplant instead of black. That's my biggest critique of it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I kind of see where the comparison is coming from, but there's never been a Sharks jersey that's looked like that.

For one thing, the diagonal stripes are unmistakably Mighty Ducks. That and every black Sharks jersey to date has had minimal amounts of teal compared to the main set - but, also, they're totally devoid of jade green ?

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

This seems like a huge expense that could have been avoided.

The Bruins switched to a black and yellow checkerboard pattern from all-yellow seats at the then new Shawmut/Fleet/TD Garden Center/Garden building because the yellow seats stood out and showed how many empty seats they had. Of course, the Bruins also averaged 78 points a season the first five seasons the new building was open.

3 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

I kind of see where the comparison is coming from, but there's never been a Sharks jersey that's looked like that.

For one thing, the diagonal stripes are unmistakably Mighty Ducks. That and every black Sharks jersey to date has had minimal amounts of teal compared to the main set - but, also, they're totally devoid of jade green ?

It's mainly the colors for me.  Not saying it looks like a Sharks jersey they've worn before.  But many of the photos I saw the jade looks teal because of the lighting, and the black and silver is/was in the Sharks color palette.  

If it didnt have the shoulder yokes and was mainly eggplant, many would probably say it's a nice update of the original, and almost the same.  If nothing else it's successful in getting me nostalgic for the Mighty Ducks branding/colors.

I had all my initial complaints, but getting my hands on one and then seeing them play on the ice, it just looked right.

Honestly, these seem like a natural progression. These (minus the D logos) seem like they'd have been a natural third jersey had the Mighty set continued on.

I loved them.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

6 hours ago, schlim said:

The Bruins switched to a black and yellow checkerboard pattern from all-yellow seats at the then new Shawmut/Fleet/TD Garden Center/Garden building because the yellow seats stood out and showed how many empty seats they had. Of course, the Bruins also averaged 78 points a season the first five seasons the new building was open.

Met Center!

Sports_Illustrated_711086_19901029-061-2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, NYYNYR said:

Just surprised no one had commented. So we're waiting on TB, Toronto and LA now...

I'm surprised we haven't heard from those teams.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived