ldconcepts

NHL 2018-19

Recommended Posts

Quote

All of the red seats at Detroit's Little Caesars Arena — which show up starkly on TV when they're not filled during games — will be swapped for black seats over several months beginning in December, the venue's operator said Monday evening.


The announcement comes 13 months after the building opened and its two primary tenants, the Detroit Red Wings and Detroit Pistons, were the subject of commentary about the unfilled bright red seats during games.

 

Seats in the entire lower bowl will be covered with temporary black fabric covers for all events during the replacement process, something that was done earlier this year during the 2017-18 Detroit Pistons season.

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/sports/little-caesars-arenas-red-seats-be-swapped-black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ducks looked mighty fine in their new thirds. I really like these now. Too bad the NHL International shop is only selling the Fanatics version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ducks jersey certainly looks better on a player, and even the out of place shoulder yokes worked. But, there are definitely times it looks like a Sharks jersey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate how disparate their two different jerseys are. Might as well be a totally different team selling their jerseys in the same store. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who misses whites at home? For some reason it still bugs me to see the colored unis at home .

 

I know this is way out of left field. What brought it to mind was a post on the Ducks IG of the white Mighty jerseys they wore for warmups. Wishing they had thrown back to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B-mer said:

The Ducks jersey certainly looks better on a player, and even the out of place shoulder yokes worked. But, there are definitely times it looks like a Sharks jersey. 

 

I think many talked about this before...the jersey would have been great if it was eggplant instead of black. That's my biggest critique of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kind of see where the comparison is coming from, but there's never been a Sharks jersey that's looked like that.

 

For one thing, the diagonal stripes are unmistakably Mighty Ducks. That and every black Sharks jersey to date has had minimal amounts of teal compared to the main set - but, also, they're totally devoid of jade green ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

This seems like a huge expense that could have been avoided.

The Bruins switched to a black and yellow checkerboard pattern from all-yellow seats at the then new Shawmut/Fleet/TD Garden Center/Garden building because the yellow seats stood out and showed how many empty seats they had. Of course, the Bruins also averaged 78 points a season the first five seasons the new building was open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

I kind of see where the comparison is coming from, but there's never been a Sharks jersey that's looked like that.

 

For one thing, the diagonal stripes are unmistakably Mighty Ducks. That and every black Sharks jersey to date has had minimal amounts of teal compared to the main set - but, also, they're totally devoid of jade green ?

It's mainly the colors for me.  Not saying it looks like a Sharks jersey they've worn before.  But many of the photos I saw the jade looks teal because of the lighting, and the black and silver is/was in the Sharks color palette.  

 

If it didnt have the shoulder yokes and was mainly eggplant, many would probably say it's a nice update of the original, and almost the same.  If nothing else it's successful in getting me nostalgic for the Mighty Ducks branding/colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had all my initial complaints, but getting my hands on one and then seeing them play on the ice, it just looked right.

 

Honestly, these seem like a natural progression. These (minus the D logos) seem like they'd have been a natural third jersey had the Mighty set continued on.

 

I loved them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

G6BzmFb.png

 

Advertises with Adidas jersey. Only sells Fanatics version.

 

OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, schlim said:

The Bruins switched to a black and yellow checkerboard pattern from all-yellow seats at the then new Shawmut/Fleet/TD Garden Center/Garden building because the yellow seats stood out and showed how many empty seats they had. Of course, the Bruins also averaged 78 points a season the first five seasons the new building was open.

 

Met Center!

 

Sports_Illustrated_711086_19901029-061-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah honestly athletic gold jerseys that don't have Pooh on them are like catnip for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just surprised no one had commented. So we're waiting on TB, Toronto and LA now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I like them ?‍♂️

 

They're serviceable. I still wish the team made a yellow version of this:

 

winter-classic-jerseys-penguins-2011.jpg

 

It'd be a tie-in to the pre-black/yellow years and have a unique striping pattern. Besides, I love the scarf-ed version of the Skating Penguin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYYNYR said:

Just surprised no one had commented. So we're waiting on TB, Toronto and LA now...

 

I'm surprised we haven't heard from those teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now