NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

Most hockey players will tell you how important it is for each team to have different helmet and sock colors. They rely heavily on seeing their team's colors quickly to identify teammates. Helmet color isn't as important and is not really a factor in lower leagues where they all wear dark helmets. Sock color is a big factor, however. As long as two teams aren't wearing similar socks in a matchup I think color v color can work.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

DqEb0T4UwAAJxyT.jpg

DqEas66UwAAnrBY.jpg

I don't know what's more beautiful, the fact that they've finally patched things up with Kariya enough for him to allow them to retire his number or that it's in the proper colors. I wish I could have been there, because Kariya has always been one of my favorite players.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Has anyone noticed the new weird rear collar tags on the CCM AHL jerseys?

44526818685_3ff5161eac_b.jpg

45388877882_4d98917071_b.jpg

DpwFU7GXoAIF-6-.jpg:large

It would also appear that all teams are now using a faux lace collar.

Also, are the Laval Rocket the only team in any pro league that uses just one set of numbers for the backs of all their jerseys, home and road?

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I don't think all of the teams are using the faux laces. Rockford doesn't have them and has a completely different collar style.

Dp0n7L4XgAAoivS.jpg

43143906_2031972596824065_62165397332918

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

I don't know what's more beautiful, the fact that they've finally patched things up with Kariya enough for him to allow them to retire his number or that it's in the proper colors. I wish I could have been there, because Kariya has always been one of my favorite players.

Bugs me that the stripes and numbers line up with each other but the NOB font is totally different sizes

1 hour ago, clonewars2008 said:

Can we just go back to the edge 2.0? It was the perfection of the hockey jersey. 

How about we go back to CCM/Koho before Reebok took over?  No stupid curved hem, no stupid piping that goes nowhere, no stupid looking collars, no stripes that don't actually go all the way around, and jerseys that actually have hem stripes.  Sure, they might have been heavier than everything that's come out since Reebok, but was that really a big issue?

7 minutes ago, M4One said:

How about we go back to CCM/Koho before Reebok took over?  No stupid curved hem, no stupid piping that goes nowhere, no stupid looking collars, no stripes that don't actually go all the way around, and jerseys that actually have hem stripes.  Sure, they might have been heavier than everything that's come out since Reebok, but was that really a big issue?

This.  The only aspect Reebok improved in 2007 was the collar treatment.

2 hours ago, Prince Harry said:

The slimmer sleeves from Reebok were better too. I’ve thrown on my old CCM jerseys from time to time and it makes me laugh how baggy the underarms were. 

I find the slimmer sleeves and tailored waist feel much better playing hockey than the old CCM cut. Not to mention they look a bit less sloppy than the traditional hockey jersey cut.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

1 hour ago, charger77 said:

Why not put the AHL logo in that dead space?

I guess because it's not dead space on all the jerseys.  I'd suggest maybe if Rockford had an R secondary logo. but that might be too busy. 

I agree that it looks like something's missing.  Because something is.  

12 hours ago, Roger Clemente said:

Has anyone noticed the new weird rear collar tags on the CCM AHL jerseys?

45388877882_4d98917071_b.jpg

The front collar has changed as well.  They used to have thinner collar and real laces.

lg20180325-26427.jpg

The Ads' white sweaters still use laces, but monochome for some reason.  This gives us a little better look at the construction.

45029906092_9ee5c585c6_c.jpg

If that underpanel is super-stretchy, then the laces might actually have some real function beyond decorative.

On 10/15/2018 at 12:41 PM, Bmac said:

Most hockey players will tell you how important it is for each team to have different helmet and sock colors. They rely heavily on seeing their team's colors quickly to identify teammates. Helmet color isn't as important and is not really a factor in lower leagues where they all wear dark helmets. Sock color is a big factor, however. As long as two teams aren't wearing similar socks in a matchup I think color v color can work.

To add to this.

I play goalie. Our Team Wore Purple one season (It was assigned to us) and played a Royal Blue team. In 3 minutes, the colors were impossible for me to decipher during a play, and I couldn't tell who was attacking a puck our zone and who was defending.

I ended up giving up 13 goals, while the other goal faired a tad worse- at 15 goals. This was a 45 Minute game.

Colors matter. The next time we played that team in the playoffs, we were told we had to wear purple or start with a penalty. No options for pinnies supplied to us.

We decided to wear our Pink Jerseys from the previous season, took a 2 minute penalty to start the game and won 5-1.

Now I mandate that we wear White or Pink, as I'm "ColorBlind" as far as that leagues concerned. I try to stay away from the Orange/Red or Sport Gold/ Orange or Blue/Purple Matchups.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Archived