NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

The Lady Liberty sweaters weren't much more than palette swaps of the Penguins, Panthers, and Canucks, and the crest was hideous and looks too Totally Extreme '90s to bear. Bury them. All their fauxbacks suck too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, GFB said:

The Red Wings' normal uniforms are untouchable for good reason, but even as a staunch-traditionalist, I really, really enjoyed the modern "winged-D" from the Stadium series uniforms (I didn't care much for the jersey design, but the logo is a perfect modern take on the Wings' history)

redwingsjersey.jpg?w=1000&h=475&crop=1

If the Wings ever wanted to do an alternate jersey and used that logo either as a crest or on the shoulder, I'd be all for it. You could even use a little darker shade of red like the helmets from the 80 to set it apart from the normal look:

cut.jpg

Lastly, I really don't like the red buckets with the white jerseys look that seems so prevalent for Red Wings' alternate uniforms. This:

LidstromRookie2.jpg

...looks far better (and more like the Red Wings) than this, in my opinion:

53015428.jpg?w=366&h=551

Agreed on all counts. We’ve put lots of work in front of them over the years when they’ve requested it, but they know exactly who they are, and they’re content with keeping it that way if they don’t feel the new work matches up with their vision for the brand. It’s hard to argue with that even though, as designers, you and I see so much potential for something more creative. ?

3 hours ago, GFB said:

Also, I actually enjoy those digital Blackhawks uniforms much more than their normal black alternate sweaters, where their normal impeccable red/black balance shifts a little too much towards black. 

I also strongly agree here. This uniform is much more fun than the previous black third, and a much more creative approach than simply color-flipping the normal uniform. I do think the old black uniform would have worked much better as a color-flip of the red jersey, since the jersey stripes would coordinate better with the pant stripes that way, but I still like this one much more.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I’m not a big lady liberty fan but I did like the Rangers’ fauxbacks. Wasn’t big on the cream/vintage white but navy and red usually always look good together. 

What I don’t like about the Rangers’ set is the double double-outlines on the pants. I know that pant design has been around forever but It just clutters up a uniform that succeeds on simplicity. 

What they really got right with last year’s WC jersey was using just a lone double outline on the pants. 

c79af2cc51a14439b23436ed7e58546a.jpg?ito

If they used those pants with the regular set the pant stripe would actually match some aspect of their home (arm/hem stripe) and away (shoulder stripe) jerseys. 

Its a pretty small nitpick I know. 

NHL Leaks! New Third Uniforms for Lightning, Leafs, Kings

November 6, 2018 - 21:49 PM

Folks, to be honest, I forgot leaks were possible for anything other than an NBA City Uniform. Thanks to a post on Icethetics we have learned that the NHL International Shop has posted the new, yet-to-be-released alternate uniforms for the […]

Read More...

1 hour ago, ldconcepts said:

DrWIujhVAAAx1Y5?format=jpg&name=900x900

Oh god, what the heck is that Tampa Bay???  I truly hope that since the photo is the replica that there's more to the sweater.....but man talk about simple.

At least if you want black and the gray do something like the North America squad from the World Cup.

north-america-jersey.jpg

10 minutes ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

I couldn't even muster any words for that Lightning uni when I saw it. Just one long *sigh*. 

Same....i dont know what to think.

At least do something like this if you want black and gray...

north-america.jpeg

I'll just go ahead and say it...

If those Tampa Bay jerseys are real, they will be the WORST jersey in NHL history. No question. Every other awful jersey at least had some sort of striping pattern. These just suck...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I thought those weird black/grey fashion jerseys was killed few years ago, but it look like Tampa Bay back them into life. On the other hand if this is "still in design", I'm afraid of the final results.

Lightning really need to find their lost identify, their primaries uniforms looks like Red Wings having a child with Maple Leafs and now this abomination. At least their logo is ok. C'mon back to the 90's look.

Kings are ok, we already saw this jersey, Toronto also ok, but I still prefer Arenas throwback.

4r2eer.png

Archived