NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

Late to the party, but I'm seriously bummed if that is the final product for Tampa Bay. I had no expectation that they would be as out-there as the Thunderstorm jersey from the 90s, but considering how nostalgic they got last season for the 25th season, I expected they might do something to at least evoke the 2004 Cup-winning sweater. That sweater with the current logos would look great as an alternate.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruins Unveil Throwback Unis for 2019 Winter Classic

November 8, 2018 - 15:22 PM

The Boston Bruins this morning unveiled the uniform they’ll wear at the 2019 Winter Classic. For the outdoor game at Notre Dame Stadium, the Bruins will wear a uniform based off of what the club wore in the 1930s – […]

Read More...

OK, it does look nicer in real life and on a person.  One thing that's bugging me with all of the descriptions i've seen of it is saying it's based on the jersey they wore with that B logo in '32-34.  It's really the jersey from '26 - '32 (modified for modern times and arm numbers) and the logo from '32 - '34.  Which i guess is fine.  They've already used the bear with arched text above it for their current alternate logo and the last Winter Classic they were in.  I would have just preferred they went all in on the '32 - '34 jersey.  One of the best they've had.

I'm curious what the rest of the uniform will be like.  It appears solid brown gloves simple white branding.  sock striping will be key.  Pants i'd think would be solid as well but who knows.  haven't seen any photos of that yet.  

Thank god it's not vintage white though.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Should have made the hem stripes even thickness. Two thin/one huge thick/one kinda thin is pretty jarring when the sleeve stripes are equal.

I disagree. One, it’s accurate, and two, the hem coordinates well with the yoke this way. The yoke would look completely out of place if the hem stripes matched the weight of the sleeve stripes.

I like small, subtle improvements that bring the old marks into the present day, but I’ve honestly never been a huge fan of the neo/faux-throwback mashup thing that the Winter Classic had become, so it’s refreshing to see a more true-to-the-past throwback design. I wish they would have gone with the proper crest for this jersey (side note: the B here is actually from their current logo, not the original uniform), but there was concern that it was too similar to their original crest, which they wore for their last appearance in the event. Can’t win ‘em all.

That Cubs patch could have made a really cool captain C or sleeve number, though. Wish I woulda thought of that one back then.

12294180%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

19 hours ago, Ark said:

I think the Lightning jersey would be a lot better if the gradient was more pronounced and also was on the waist. 

If it's legit, I think it would be a lot better if they folded it up neatly, tossed it into the garbage can, light it on fire, and start over again. There's nothing that can be done to make them even close to respectable.  Hard to believe anything can top the Oilers original edge jersey for the top spot in the craptastic top 10, but this certainly will.  If it's legit, maybe they'll come to their senses like the St. Louis Blues did all those years ago and not actually go through and wear them.

As for the Bruins Winter Classic, it's a good looking uniform and it might be the only jersey I really want to see up close because honestly, it looks black, not brown to me.  

13 minutes ago, jdavidev said:

The images make it look black, don't notice any brown in there, even dark brown...

Someone who saw it at the first leak, may have been Chris on icethetics, said it was definitely a dark brown, and darker than the one they used for their first Winter Classic.  

All the more reason to hate the fact that Adidas isn’t selling the MIC jerseys. Those are gorgeous!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Blackhawks Throwback to 1934 For Winter Classic Uniform

November 9, 2018 - 00:39 AM

This evening the Chicago Blackhawks officially unveiled their 2019 Winter Classic uniform at a fan event held at the United Center; the unveiling came just a few hours after their opponents for the New Year’s Day game at Notre Dame […]

Read More...

1 hour ago, Still MIGHTY said:

I was hoping for white socks, because this is what they wore in 30's, but ok, black doesn't look that bad.

Both jerseys are amazing for me even If I'm tired of seeing Blackhawks in outdoor games.

4r2eer.png

Archived