NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

32 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

How do you post a picture from the mobile version of the board? Have a pic on my phone of some Flyers Stadium Series merch that could hint at uniform design

You’d have to copy the picture URL. If it’s in your camera roll, upload it to a photo-hosting site like imgur to obtain the URL.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like both, though not the biggest fan of the Callahan bleeding into the shoulder stripes

The stars, C, stadium series patch, and tie up, kind of clutter things up a bit on the upper chest of the Rangers jersey. Maybe just go without the stars?

Flyers are just so heavy on the orange and black that the stadium series patch kind of sticks out like a stain

Still, very good concepts.

12 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

The Ducks are breaking out the wordmark duds for warmups. Still weird to think of these as a 'throwback' and I don't exactly miss them, but here we are.

No metallic texture for the gold stripes, looks like it's just been printed on.

Good riddance, the webbed D isn't the best look by any means, but that word mark was and will always be awful. 

10 hours ago, Morgo said:

The metallic striping was the only remotely interesting aspect of that jersey.  Way to make a bland uniform even blander.

True. But it always looked bland in action anyway, so this warmup version isn't really a huge downgrade.

3 hours ago, Olmec said:

Good riddance, the webbed D isn't the best look by any means, but that word mark was and will always be awful. 

I'm not all that keen on the current uniforms either, but seeing the wordmark jersey again has made me appreciate them more.

Yes, I know, they won the Cup in this jersey. But it still sucks despite what they achieved, and after years of watching them in that boring uniform I'd be quite happy if they're never brought back again.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

4 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

True. But it always looked bland in action anyway, so this warmup version isn't really a huge downgrade.

It was bland in action because of the lack of orange but the striping configuration is still vastly superior to what's being used now.  If they added some more orange and replaced the word-mark with the webbed 'D,' they'd have something.

The theory around here was that the 2006-07 jersey was originally supposed to have the webbed D on its own as the crest, because the curvature on the bottom of the logo matches the curve of the striping.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived