NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

My unpopular opinion is that this is how heritage/retro jerseys should be used. Just a couple times a season.

Maybe they can be full time alternates for one season max. But no more than that.

A team like the Caps can surely deliver something new instead of their old 70s eyesores that they keep trotting out. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Point1 said:

This is an unpopular opinion, but honestly with the D on the front instead of the wordmark those wouldn't have been so bad. Definitely better than the absolute mess they wear now.

Yeah.

This would have been perfect. Clean, elegant and with a clear style. It looks stylish but also mean. What they wear now is horrible to look at. All of it.

Untitled-1.jpg

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

1 hour ago, Bayne said:

Yeah.

This would have been perfect. Clean, elegant and with a clear style. It looks stylish but also mean. What they wear now is horrible to look at. All of it.

Untitled-1.jpg

If the numbers were outlined in orange and the hems and cuffs were orange, this would be perfect.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

2 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

If the numbers were outlined in orange and the hems and cuffs were orange, this would be perfect.

Something like this? 

d3_zps5m10obte.png

i go back and forth on the Ducks identity. While I feel like the current colors have a very California/Orange County feel, the nostalgia and uniqueness of the eggplant and jade always hangs over it. 

24 minutes ago, Ark said:

The Ducks would benefit greatly by switching from Vegas Gold/khaki to athletic gold/yellow.

The NHL needs another black/yellow team, huh?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, B-mer said:

Something like this? 

d3_zps5m10obte.png

i go back and forth on the Ducks identity. While I feel like the current colors have a very California/Orange County feel, the nostalgia and uniqueness of the eggplant and jade always hangs over it. 

The (mighty) ducks were the team that got me into hockey, I've never fully come to terms with their rebrand but I get why it had to be done. If they had gone with something more with what you just shared I'd probably still care about them today. 

11 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

I think that's too much orange. I like it with less personally.

49 minutes ago, Morgo said:

This looks great.  Just thicken the orange striping a bit and it's perfect.  The iteration B-mer posted is too much orange and therefore too loud

That and some shoulder patches would be a remarkable improvement. But honestly, I'd rather they did away with the swooshes and use a horizontal hemstripe.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

On 11/27/2018 at 4:22 AM, Bayne said:

Yeah.

Untitled-1.jpg

This. All this.

The gold-white-black-orange jersey striping was even designed to mimic the color orientation in the logo. Not using the webbed D was such a huge miss.

On 11/27/2018 at 5:22 AM, Bayne said:

Yeah.

Untitled-1.jpg

That gold though, yuck, to me it just comes off looking tacky. Though I suppose that has something to do from my childhood, I never liked the metallic gold crayon. Then again I’ve come to like the Saints gold. Oh crap now i’m confused.

On 11/29/2018 at 2:37 AM, Ark said:

It's a relatively boring jersey, but the swooshes give it character.

The swooshes work. And yes they give it some character. It's nice to see something a little different now and then and it paid homage to the mighty ducks angled hem to boot. Nice.

Archived