NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, poser said:

I kinda like what the NBA is doing with the "earned" jerseys.  Would like to something similar in the NHL. 

RageFace.jpg

The NBA has become a joke. Horrible templates, every team has 17 uniforms, there's sleeves, there's stupid city nicknames, there's stupid logos on the front. Just no. With the exception of a small handful of teams, the NHL finally looks good. 

sig.png

I liked the letters and numbers from that set the best, but the 2007 logo update makes the 1995 update look bad, and the sweater design is worse than what came before and after.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

10 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Unrelated to 2018-19 NHL, but where do people stand on this Bruins set? I've always kind of liked them.

Andrew-Raycroft-575x397.jpg

57064503-andrew-raycroft-of-the-boston-b

At the time, I was excited for the change because the 74-95 set was the only one I ever knew up to that point. Bought my first ever pro-stitched replica (Bourque) when they came out and I now own 4 in this style.

The spoked b, updates and all, are what tied this set to Bruins history, along with the color scheme. But with the benefit of hindsight, they weren't all that great. The names/numbers had one too many layers of color and the sleeve striping just doesn't hold up well aesthetically. Plus, they used two separate styles of 7s (pre and post Bourque trade).

patriotssignature.png

12 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Unrelated to 2018-19 NHL, but where do people stand on this Bruins set? I've always kind of liked them.

I haaaaaaaate these uniforms. It certainly didn’t help that these were worn during the dark ages.

I disliked them so much that I remember actively only picking the alternate and throwback uniforms in NHL 2001. Eight year old me knew what was up.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

13 hours ago, monkeypower said:

The Bruins should've never ditched their '74-'95 set when they moved into the Fleet Center/TD Garden. I very much miss the gold B in the gold circle on the black sweaters. 

2 hours ago, Ark said:

I think the jerseys have too much going on, but they look great with those pads.

I wish goalies wore more interesting pads like that.

Um...those pads are a stock Reebok design from the time. 

On 12/12/2018 at 6:43 PM, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

RageFace.jpg

The NBA has become a joke. Horrible templates, every team has 17 uniforms, there's sleeves, there's stupid city nicknames, there's stupid logos on the front. Just no. With the exception of a small handful of teams, the NHL finally looks good. 

What's the harm in just having one alternate that teams can change on a yearly basis? Keep the original home/away uniforms but have game scattered throughout the season for a little change of pace. The league does look very good and traditional, but I'm all for an occasional change up 

14 minutes ago, Ark said:

Are they not interesting?

Not really, no. It was a stock design. You saw it all over the place, across all levels of hockey, back in the day. 

When I think of interesting goalie pads I think of 90s/early 2000s Brodeur or Potvin. Not stock designs from a catalogue. 

2 hours ago, Echo said:

Couldn't agree more.  Check out the gear that Linus Ullmark is wearing this year for the Sabres.  So good.

xxSUwXx.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ark said:

They catch the eye. That's what makes them interesting.

I prefer plain, solid-colored pads because they always work, but I think Ullmark’s pads are an ideal design. They mimic the team’s sleeve/sock design and blend tastefully into the rest of the uniform. The more, uhh, “interesting” pad designs do indeed catch the eye, and I don’t find that desirable at all. They’re pads. They absolutely should not be the focal point of any uniform, in my opinion. The goaltender is part of the team and should look the part. He/she already has a special helmet to express his/her style.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

38 minutes ago, Ark said:

They catch the eye. That's what makes them interesting.

Maybe it’s because I was still playing hockey when those pads were new? They don’t catch the eye to me. I see them and go “oh that stock Reebok design every other goalie had back in 2005.” It’s just visual white noise to me. 

Archived