What throwbacks do you want to see?

Topherlee2

What throwbacks from the big four major sports(NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL) that hasn't been seen before do you want to see in a game, a season, or for now on?

Here's my first pick:

The NFL's Tennessee Titans going with wearing the mid to late '60s Houston Oilers uniforms for a game would be cool to see, but that's me.

1967_Houston.png?6181

0JZafhY.gif7YcM9pl.gif

qsNLfmj.gifbIW6GIL.gif

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind the Patriots bringing back their late 90's ("Bledsoe era") unies. 

rfvtdop0zlrtykyg9bi8a9pd2.gif

mf5mixgc3gfyhve1pe8ax3gci.gif

The only "throwbacks" they legitimately could bring back too because of that stupid helmet rule. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

1967-69 Oakland Seals and 1976-77 Cleveland Barons. Both are basically nonexistent when it comes to NHL merchandise, and the state outline sleeve numbers on the Barons' jerseys have long been one of my favorite details.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I want these all back full time in the NFL:

NFC West

Seahawks Steve Largent era, Cardinals pre mess they have now, Rams Fearsome Foursome

NFC North

Lions Barry Sanders era

AFC North

Steelers Steel Curtain, Bengals Boomer Esiason era, Browns Jim Brown era

AFC South

Oilers LOVE your design, but also Earl Campbell era, Jaguars original design

NFC East

Giants darker blue from the early 60's

In the NHL, I miss the North Stars, Whalers, and Nourdiques.

The Florida State Seminoles Logo SUCKS!

https://youtu.be/j-og1mV8Xfg

Follow the Dave Show University Dynasty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy9X-bNoFvY&list=PLlzIqjdrWFLuvHblA-z49oYh2baL_2kMb

7 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Also, please don't judge me for this one (even a pre-game warmup with these jerseys would be sweet):

17879.jpg

Warmup would be fitting since they're the batting practice jerseys of hockey sweaters.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Was hoping we'd get the Bengals in these for their 50th celebration

91x-5d0Tw0L._SL1500_.jpg837c9517fbfd0e10c6fe50ebfe0c0bb0.jpg

But it didn't happen. :( The original throwbacks were a long shot thanks to the one helmet rule and the Bengals using painted stripes rather than decals on a blank orange shell. For that reason the Super Bowl throwbacks would've been the way to go and would've been very easy, but the team just can't ever make me happy. I would've bought one of those throwback jerseys so GD fast. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

NFL: Bengals, as shown with Boomer Esiason above, Creamsicle Bucs, whatever most recent cardinals set did not include a flag on the whites, the previous Seahawks set.

NFL Throwback "Inspired": Early 1980s Eagles...identical helmet, identical numbers, but a much more manageable stripe pattern.

NHL: Devils in green and red.  The greatest NHL uniform ever.

NBA: I'd have to pick 30 of these...each team's best uniform set pre-advertisement.  Forgetting that, give me, without the blue or black jersey, the previous Cavs set.

MLB: Padres late-1980s brown and ORANGE, anything the Brewers wore before the current trash. 

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

19 hours ago, Topherlee2 said:

What throwbacks from the big four major sports(NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL) that hasn't been seen before do you want to see in a game, a season, or for now on?

Here's my first pick:

The NFL's Tennessee Titans going with wearing the mid to late '60s Houston Oilers uniforms for a game would be cool to see, but that's me.

1967_Houston.png?6181

I've always thought these uniforms are extremely underrated.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I would like to see the Pistons bring back either the teal jerseys or the red alternates from the late 90sRelated imageRelated image

They could also bring back the early 90s red uniforms from the end of the bad boys era.Image result for grant hill pistons

The point is that I want the pistons to bring back red, even if it is in throwback form. The going to work era red uniforms wouldn't make sense for throwbacks as they look so close to what they wear now.

14 hours ago, the admiral said:

Warmup would be fitting since they're the batting practice jerseys of hockey sweaters.

I agree with that, but I still love them. The teal sweaters went all out with the shark theme, what with the grey "fins" and the black "gash marks." It had a good color balance and gave the team a unique, yet unappealing aesthetic. The design did not translate well at all to the white or black sweaters. 

Archived