kimball

I guess we're starting to look forward to the 2018-19 season with the recent news of the Charlotte Hornets wearing the white version of their classic throwbacks next year. Just on a side note, it'll be interesting to see if the Hornets follow that up in 2019-20 with their purple throwback jerseys? Obviously that's just speculation.

kelly_tripucka_e1s3zy1p_p2uhfgn9.jpg

As far as other changes at this point, I am not sure if we've heard anything else. I would assume more teams will wear classic throwbacks and we'll see a new wave of community jerseys since apparently those will be a yearly change for some if not all teams?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have eternal hope that OKC and the Clippers will re-design their primary/global logos; apparently no one in the Clippers org (except for two people) is fond of the logo, and if OKC hasn't changed by now, who knows when?

My top choice to make a change next year is Dallas, as their whole look (logo and uniforms) are really dated, plus they have the "Do we use navy? Do we use black?" problem. (edit: interesting how the leaked City jersey uses green and blue again)

I would bet the Nuggets get rid of the snow-capped logo with big letters and stick with the pick axe circle full time, somehow putting the neam name around the circle.

Every other team is pretty good.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Teal said:

Hopefully a complete re-brand for OKC.

I also wonder we will get new statement and city unis every season?

I think Nike will change the city jerseys more often than the statement jerseys.  i mean, the Lakers have purple statement jerseys, and that won't change.

Someone on Twitter said that Utah Jazz wanna change City uniforms every year and Statement every two years. Also Ben Simmons ask fans on twitter about Black Iverson Era jersey, so it might suggets that Sixers receive Classic jeresy in next season.

4r2eer.png

4 hours ago, Teal said:

Hopefully a complete re-brand for OKC.

I also wonder we will get new statement and city unis every season?

I believe the city unis will change every season. The statement from my understanding will (or can) change every couple of seasons. Like mentioned by @WSU151 that won't happen with the Lakers.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

6 hours ago, Teal said:

So new city unit every season? Nice.

I wonder if it's a mandatory change or optional change? Knowing that the 'ol mighty dollar means everything in the league, I wouldn't be surprised if it was mandatory. :mellow:

kimball banner.png

17 hours ago, kimball said:

I wonder if it's a mandatory change or optional change? Knowing that the 'ol mighty dollar means everything in the league, I wouldn't be surprised if it was mandatory. :mellow:

There aren't enough decent uniform ideas to cover this year, never mind a new one every year.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, Teal said:

Isn't Dallas scheduled for a re-brand? I believe I read that somewhere.

I'm hoping for one, but I have yet to see anything about it.  I think Cuban likes the current look.

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, OaklandIsBack said:

Houston desperately needs new uniforms

2 hours ago, Teal said:

100%.

As does Oklahoma City, Dallas, and quite frankly Brooklyn can use an upgrade on EVERYTHING.  The whole Black and White has run the course for me.

4 hours ago, tohasbo said:

As does Oklahoma City, Dallas, and quite frankly Brooklyn can use an upgrade on EVERYTHING.  The whole Black and White has run the course for me.

I don't mind the black and white color scheme for the Nets. It works for me. The jerseys have grown stale for me. I really liked last year's black and white version of their old jerseys (sans sleeves of course ...

AP134690872411-676x450.jpg

kimball banner.png

If I'm making a wish list of (realistic) changes next season, mine would be ...

Oklahoma City

Dallas
Houston

Brooklyn

Memphis

kimball banner.png

Archived