kimball

2 hours ago, truepg said:

My list would look different too. The gorgeous and the superior one of the first LeBron Cavs' sets - red - isn't the one that's listed, for starters.

IMO, the navy was the best designed jersey of the set, though the white and wine were both gorgeous in their own right. The navy alt from that era might be my favorite all time NBA jersey. Ranking it that low is lame especially with those crappy Prince and The North jerseys ahead of it. Also:

"There’s so much to love about this jersey. The sharp neckline, the multi-colored blocks that border the entire jersey and that rich shade of navy blue that’s broken up by the white lettering and the gold trim “Cavaliers” in the middle. "

Dude couldn't look at the picture and see it says "Cleveland?"

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, kimball said:

Saw this article from SI yesterday and tried to ignore it. But, it was brought up on UniWatch this morning and I just had to pipe in ...

IT SUCKS.

So many errors on this list and first of them is with the.. first pick, because he's writing about Wolves alternate and this jersey was introduced in 97/98 season not in 1996. Others are: Cavs (-Akronite- mentioned it), Sixers (They changed uniforms before 07/08 season), Spurs (current jerseys aren't the same like in 1989) etc, etc.

I don't know who approved that article to published.

4r2eer.png

Okay this is bizarre, apparently the Thunder have only worn their white uniform this entire season so far except for this past Saturday when they wore the City uniform. The normal "road" uniform won't appear until December 5th. Anybody else find that really weird? It's a very NFL move, wear white for the first half of the season then finally wear color in the second half.

bSLCtu2.png

8 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Okay this is bizarre, apparently the Thunder have only worn their white uniform this entire season so far except for this past Saturday when they wore the City uniform. The normal "road" uniform won't appear until December 5th. Anybody else find that really weird? It's a very NFL move, wear white for the first half of the season then finally wear color in the second half.

Thats not accurate. OKC has worn every uniform they have this season. They’ve worn white the most, but all four uniforms have seen the floor.

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

So many errors on this list and first of them is with the.. first pick, because he's writing about Wolves alternate and this jersey was introduced in 97/98 season not in 1996. Others are: Cavs (-Akronite- mentioned it), Sixers (They changed uniforms before 07/08 season), Spurs (current jerseys aren't the same like in 1989) etc, etc.

I don't know who approved that article to published.

There were a ton of errors! To be fair, SI turned this list into a collaboration and had every writer give their top three favorite uniforms. That's why there are so many continuity errors. I did enjoy a lot of the pictures they used though! I feel like there were some classic looking images that I had never seen.tim-hardaway-miami-heat-best-nba-jerseysgary-payton-sonics-best-nba-jerseys.jpg&mutombo-denver-nuggets-best-nba-jerseys.

4 hours ago, JPDesign said:

Thats not accurate. OKC has worn every uniform they have this season. They’ve worn white the most, but all four uniforms have seen the floor.

I was just going by the schedule on the Thunder's website. Weird how they'd just list all games as being white so far.

bSLCtu2.png

7 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

There were a ton of errors! To be fair, SI turned this list into a collaboration and had every writer give their top three favorite uniforms. That's why there are so many continuity errors. I did enjoy a lot of the pictures they used though! I feel like there were some classic looking images that I had never seen.tim-hardaway-miami-heat-best-nba-jerseysgary-payton-sonics-best-nba-jerseys.jpg&mutombo-denver-nuggets-best-nba-jerseys.

man, i love all three of these uniforms so much 🤩

On 11/28/2018 at 1:05 AM, mgfoxx said:

Did anyone else watch the Lakers- Nuggets game tonight? The lighting in Denver made the Lakers purple look so bright and vibrant (and in my eyes, a little more tolerable in contrast with the black). 

yes, these rainbow skyline jerseys are the best in the league, but it's still such a missed opportunity with how washed out the colors look with the thin lines.

and yes, the purple does look good here

22 hours ago, upperV03 said:

According to LockerVision, we’re getting this matchup tonight in LA:

(Pics removed)

Leaving aside the ridiculousness of the Pacers wearing the Hickory uniforms at all (especially on the road), I’m a bit surprised the league is allowing them to wear their Hickory uniforms with the gold shorts against the Lakers’ yellow/gold set. 

Here’s a few shots from last night’s matchup:

gettyimages-1066599856.jpg?itok=H4f8UCAK

LDN-L-LAKERS-PACERS-014-11301.jpg?w=600

DtOSnRyUUAAeKRj?format=jpg

There wasnt as much of a contrast issue as I was expecting, in part because the Pacers’ gold shorts looked almost orange in comparison to the Lakers’ yellow/gold uniforms. Still, it was a pretty odd looking matchup.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Heat are wearing their red uniforms tonight, but playing on their Vice-themed court, making for a horribly mismatched look:

LockerVision had them wearing the Vice uniforms for this game, and the Heat’s social media is all Vice-themed today (and the TV broadcast even has the pink on the score bug), so for whatever reason they must have made a last minute change and decided to go with the red uniforms tonight. Puzzling decision to say the least.

Edit- Here’s this from the South Florida Sun Sentinal’s Heat beat reporter:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Heat are wearing their red uniforms tonight, but playing on their Vice-themed court, making for a horribly mismatched look:

LockerVision had them wearing the Vice uniforms for this game, and the Heat’s social media is all Vice-themed today (and the TV broadcast even has the pink on the score bug), so for whatever reason they must have made a last minute change and decided to go with the red uniforms tonight. Puzzling decision to say the least.

They are winless in the Vice jersey... could be superstitious reasons why they made the switch.

3 hours ago, JELKK said:

Sad that the best uniform in the league is "cursed". 

I've been fighting against this "cursed" BS since last season but I admit it doesn't look good right now for it. 😕

I know if I bought a ticket to see a vice game and they switched uniforms on me I'd be pissed

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

NBA-New-Uniforms-Colours-City-Earned-201

okay but why the heck are the pelicans getting a white earned jersey when they already have two other white jerseys. Considering the earned jerseys we’ve seen are just recolors, I’m gonna bet the pelicans earned jerseys are just the regular white jerseys that say pelicans instead of new orleans

IMG-7122.gif

5 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

okay but why the heck are the pelicans getting a white earned jersey when they already have two other white jerseys. Considering the earned jerseys we’ve seen are just recolors, I’m gonna bet the pelicans earned jerseys are just the regular white jerseys that say pelicans instead of new orleans

Yeah, I’m surprised that they aren’t getting a purple one.

Excellent!

9 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

At least you're not the Cavs getting a light blue one... Still confused about that one.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

1 hour ago, panthers_2012 said:

At least you're not the Cavs getting a light blue one... Still confused about that one.

Yea but at least it adds some variation to the lineup of jerseys which in my book is better than having THREE white jerseys. Doesn’t that make the pelicans the team with the most white jerseys in their rotation 

IMG-7122.gif

Archived