The yellow version on the blue and black uniforms immediately becomes one of the more egregious ad patches in the league:

DXnB2xNV4AEiAuc?format=jpg

^ that should be posted in the 2017-18 thread since it's taking effect for this season's uniforms.

10 hours ago, Mav_Rix said:

Am I the only one who thinks Memphis should change it's team name? Was thinking Memphis Blues or Memphis Sounds?

I’ve always loved Memphis Blues, but only if the Jazz were still in New Orleans to create the perfect natural rivalry.

10 hours ago, Mav_Rix said:

Am I the only one who thinks Memphis should change it's team name? Was thinking Memphis Blues or Memphis Sounds?

I'm with you on that. 

Heck, I'd almost be okay with the Memphis Express.

But, speaking of express, why hasn't FedEx bought the jersey sponsorship from the Grizz? Seems like a natural pairing.

11 hours ago, Conrad. said:

^ that should be posted in the 2017-18 thread since it's taking effect for this season's uniforms.

best-excuse-me-meme-well-excuse-me-meme-

Jeez @Conrad. 

As @upperV03 newly self-appointed Internet lawyer..i declare that post was deemed offensive,slanderous and liable for $500,000 in bitcoins! ?

2 hours ago, kimball said:

I'm with you on that. 

Heck, I'd almost be okay with the Memphis Express.

But, speaking of express, why hasn't FedEx bought the jersey sponsorship from the Grizz? Seems like a natural pairing.

I don't think any arena sponsors are the jersey sponsors of the teams that play in the building.

On 1/16/2018 at 12:01 PM, kimball said:

If I'm making a wish list of (realistic) changes next season, mine would be ...

Oklahoma City

Dallas
Houston

Brooklyn

Memphis

This is just one logo/uniform nerd’s opinion, but OKC, Houston and Dallas would do great to completely start from scratch (Dallas to the old green and blue  M with a hat wouldn’t be terrible. Houston to the clutch city era would be cool too), Brooklyn add red and blue and drop the black, and a part of me I kinda hate wants Memphis to embrace and maybe go back to the Tams. Or at least rebrand. The Grizzlies looked right in Vancouver. 

15 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I don't think any arena sponsors are the jersey sponsors of the teams that play in the building.

Oh, yeah, they play in the FedExForum ... forgot that.

19 hours ago, SJAnfield said:

This is just one logo/uniform nerd’s opinion, but OKC, Houston and Dallas would do great to completely start from scratch (Dallas to the old green and blue  M with a hat wouldn’t be terrible. Houston to the clutch city era would be cool too), Brooklyn add red and blue and drop the black, and a part of me I kinda hate wants Memphis to embrace and maybe go back to the Tams. Or at least rebrand. The Grizzlies looked right in Vancouver. 

people (MLB fans) tend to hate when going back to older looks and colorways. BUT WHY? NBA going in the opposite direction of design in my eyes. Thats why throwback NBA jersey sales are on a huge incline, I work with Lids and get data of jersey sales in our tiny district :P

23 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I’ve always loved Memphis Blues, but only if the Jazz were still in New Orleans to create the perfect natural rivalry.

I've had the exact same thought. I wonder if the St. Louis Blues' existence would be an issue as well in such a hypothetical scenario.  

Also, as a kid, I associated jazz music with the Rocky Mountains and the Utah Jazz are to blame. 

I would actually like Memphis to keep the name Grizzlies. Instead I would want them to change their look, go for a more wilderness theme with their unis rather than a cool, laid back Memphis blue look. Something like brown and red perhaps? it makes sense considering there are bears in Tennessee (granted they are black bears but, Memphis Black Bears doesn't have a good ring to it)

3 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

I would actually like Memphis to keep the name Grizzlies. Instead I would want them to change their look, go for a more wilderness theme with their unis rather than a cool, laid back Memphis blue look. Something like brown and red perhaps?

220px-Justin_Timberlake_-_Man_of_the_Woo

^^^Also one thing to note is that the city uniforms still had not been made at that time. Take that information as you wish.

2 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

^^^Also one thing to note is that the city uniforms still had not been made at that time. Take that information as you wish.

Weren't the city unis unveiled in late December? The team knew what the city uniforms were going to look like well before December.

On 3/11/2018 at 1:07 PM, Conrad. said:

And purple the season after that (please)? :)

kinda what pacers did. started red hickory for 2 years and this year the white. the Charlotte uni is top 10 in nba history

3 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Pacers make me sick to my stomach. Why don't they just do a twist on the Hoosiers uniform with deep blue jersey and gold shorts??!!

@Conrad. can you do a mockup of that?? "Indiana" instead of "Hickory" across the chest and replace the red with blue? Please??!?

I want this to happen soooo badly in the near future.

dJOXC3SErA9oiShDZu5oqgLY0vAbDC0V68KLLXVn