kimball

On 12/9/2018 at 11:38 AM, itsmb8 said:

Cream was just the City last year, the leaked color list for all Earned and City uniforms said the Bucks' Earned will be gray.

I already know I won't be liking this one.  I'm guessing just gray/black. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

I already know I won't be liking this one.  I'm guessing just gray/black. 

A lot are saying that its recolorings of the statement or city edition but OKC's is an adidas uniform that they're bringing back.  Of course, a gray recoloring of our current city edition would be an abomination and i think both Nike and the Bucks execs know that because of the historical significance behind the coloring alone, so I think a gray recoloring of the "Fear The Deer" uniform is the most likely design.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

21 minutes ago, itsmb8 said:

A lot are saying that its recolorings of the statement or city edition but OKC's is an adidas uniform that they're bringing back.  Of course, a gray recoloring of our current city edition would be an abomination and i think both Nike and the Bucks execs know that because of the historical significance behind the coloring alone, so I think a gray recoloring of the "Fear The Deer" uniform is the most likely design.

OKC is not bringing back an adidas uniform.

Similar...but also pretty different. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

35 minutes ago, kimball said:

Well, the yellow statement jerseys should change next year (along with the city) and I am hoping for a green jersey to take it's place.

Hopefully they realize how cool the dark green/lime green M logo is and stick with it for next year. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

25 minutes ago, itsmb8 said:

Either way...any design colored like this will be god-awful.

hwl?set=sku%5B21068123%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B1

8 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

So I dont know if this means anything or was brought up already, but the stae of Florida has updated the specialty license plate for the Heat to reflect the Vice look.

This is typically a pretty permanent change, so I wonder if the Heat have a plan in the works to shift to Vice colors full time.

https://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/specialtytags/Professional_Sports/miami_heat-basketball.html

miami_heat.jpg

Considering the Heat did not wear them for at least a couple of games when they were scheduled to, I am going to say no to a permanent change.  Their primary look is fine and the Vice is great for an alternate, but I see it as a flavour of the month type of deal.  It is awesome now, but after a while, that feeling will wear off, and people will want the old look back.

I know they’re a cash grab type of thing but I really do feel like these earned jerseys could have been a “bring back an old jersey” type of thing. Like thunder bringing back those iconic orange jerseys. Or pelicans bringing back their original Mardi Gras jerseys which til this day people in Nola still wear. 

IMG-7122.gif

Is it just me or does anyone else still not know what the :censored: they're talking about in regards to statement or city jerseys?

Also this video came across my youtube feed and had to share. https://youtu.be/6_sM6gZgV6Y

Prior to the Nike takeover I wouldn't have mind seeing teams home and away jerseys in the ASG. Now not so much.

6 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

A lot are saying that its recolorings of the statement or city edition but OKC's is an adidas uniform that they're bringing back.

Yeah, no. OKC’s is just an orange version of their statement jersey.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

15 hours ago, GMW79 said:

I was going to say something similar: The Jazz really need to stop with the yellow unis. If they aren't going to wear navy (or purple), they need to go with green. I do like the gradients on a limited basis, though.

They look like they have an identity crisis. Every time I watch them they're wearing something completely unrelated to the previous time I watched them. They've got all of the colors of the rainbow in their scheme.

sig.png

6 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

They look like they have an identity crisis. Every time I watch them they're wearing something completely unrelated to the previous time I watched them. They've got all of the colors of the rainbow in their scheme.

I thought you were exaggerating but I thought about it (Red/orange the city,yellow statement,green earned,blue away, and purple throwbacks) and you are accurate 

9 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Agreed. I really want them to bring back the blue and purple as a full time branding. Would set them apart from the nba than the god so basic navy and yellow. 

IMG-7122.gif

12 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

Agreed. I really want them to bring back the blue and purple as a full time branding. Would set them apart from the nba than the god so basic navy and yellow. 

Purple, light blue, and Kelly green would be a great combo. It would be appropriate for the wintry area where they live, and also relevant to team history.

Archived