kimball

20181205_ely_00068.jpg

20181205_ely_00079_0.jpg

20181205_ely_00095.jpg

20181205_ely_00107_0.jpg

Now having had the chance to see these in actuality, I have to say that I really like them and think they’re vastly superior to both the red Statement set and this year’s City set. It’s obviously just a recolored version of the City uniform, but the execution is much better here than on those. I especially love how the white wordmark and numbers with the thin black stroke contrast with the black collar trim and sash. And speaking of the wordmark, this is the first red jersey they’ve had that’s featured the Rip City wordmark. Kind of surprising that it’s taken so long for that to happen, really.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mgfoxx said:

According to Uni-Watch, the skies apparently have splashes of grey

I can see now the bottom panel of the Bucks jersey and the shorts waistband is a very light gray. The gray is so light it barely differentiates from the white.

If Houston's trim was yellow, it'd be A+. But instead it's just meh.

Toronto's is very nice; the Heat's pink is pretty good; the Bucks jersey is really cool; the red DC jersey is a billion times better than the black; I wish the Pacers wordmark was navy outlined in gold (though it's way better than the gray jersey). 

The only one I really think is uninspired is the Spurs'. The Wolves have a great logo and colors, but continually underwhelm with uniforms.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I really like most of these ... here’s a quick ranking from what I’ve seen so far.

1. Milwaukee - Fantastic blend of the Irish rainbow! It’s a fun design and not what I was expecting. Love it!
  2. Miami - Absolutely love the Miami Vice colors and this jersey fits right in.
  3. Oklahoma City - I really want this orange jersey to be a part of their full-time look. It’s a shame.
  4. Boston - The splash of color makes this a lot of fun. It’s not the dirty gold from years past but it’s sharp.
  5. Portland - I love the red templated jersey much better than the city version they’re wearing this year. I love the rip city font too!
  6. Utah - I love the Jazz in green. I love that they’re using the color scheme from their early 80s green jerseys and not the recent color scheme with the blue included. It pops much better. Can’t wait to see these on the court.
  7. Philadelphia - I was expecting this jersey with the stars. I really like this as an alt and I hope they use it in future designs with a red and blue jersey.
  8. Golden State - I’m not completely sold on the design, especially the black piping, but the Warriors belong in gold as much as the Lakers do in my opinion.
  9. Washington - This is a sharp design. But, it’s lacking something as I first glance at it. Contrasting trim? More color? Either way, I like it.
  10. Indiana - much, much, much better design than their gray take on this jersey. Kinda wish they flipped them? It’s still a bit too heavy on the piping. I would like to see this design in a gold color?
  11. Houston - I like this much better than the black jersey they have. But, it’s still pretty boring. If they included yellow instead of black I would have ranked it MUCH higher.
  12. Toronto - I feel like this jersey was just kinda punched through. I like the red. But, I’m just not feeling it. I wish they played with other colors or did a red and gold?
  13. Cleveland - I know some people have expressed their love for this jersey, but it’s boring. I wish they did a black base and blue splash like the 90s uniforms. Or why not wine and gold? There’s just not much to it that would make me want to buy it.
  14. New Orleans - I’m not a fan of the Pels colors in the first place, so to just recolor the Mandi gras Jersey into Pels colors is — meh. I’d have loved a Mardi Gras version of their regular jerseys.
  15. San Antonio - I do like this better than the black camo, but considering i’m not a fan of the black camo this ranks pretty low. I wish the Spurs did something with their fiesta colors for this jersey. That would make it close to a Top 5 IMO.
  16. Minnesota - the purple Prince Jersey is fine for a one time thing, but to make a white version? Why? It loses its charm just in white and minimal purple. I’m sure they’ll sell, but I’d much rather have a gray version of their regular jersey. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I can't decide whether I like the old metallic gold on green Boston alts, or this newer yellow-ish gold. I do know that I don't like the collar and shoulder trim on this one.

Also a note that LockerVision says Boston's only wearing these on Christmas, New Year's Eve, and the day after St. Patrick's Day, so consider this a return of the St. Pat's alternate I guess, plus extra big holidays.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Thoughts about the "Earned" uniforms:

East:

Toronto: I like this better than either gold version. I just wished it said "Toronto" instead of "North".

Boston: I don't like it as much as this year's City jersey. Mainly due to the collar and cuffs being white and not white striped. Maybe using old gold instead of yellow might have helped too.

Philadelphia: Meh, just a swap from grey to white.

Cleveland: The story they went with for the uniform is forced. This could've been better.

Indiana: A grey to white color swipe that was beneficial. Both supporting colors are allowed to pop, which is great.

Miami: TI love it. The Vice look is 3 for 3 in my book. All that's left is to see a cyan colored uniform.

Milwaukee: Probably the best re-do of any of the City sets. Absolutely love this one. Great nod to the "Irish Rainbow" set and the colors are well-balanced.

Washington: I love the shade of red, but as the previous two Wizards City uniforms have shown, they could have used a better design.

West:

Houston: As kimball suggested earlier, had yellow been a supporting color, it would've been better, but the Rockets refuse to come up with something that looks great.

Golden State: I always like to see the Warriors in yellow, but the dark grey isn't helping this set. Blue would've been the ideal secondary color with a striping pattern of B/W/B down the sides.

Portland: The wordmark and numerals, in white, being outlined in black make for a great yet simple look for the Blazers.

OKC: A much improved version of their previous orange sunset uniforms. I just wish to see the "OKC" also be outlined to match the numerals.

Utah: A great, strong look that allows the green and yellow to speak for the uniform. Also helps that the collar and cuffs are yellow.

New Orleans: Meh. The City uniform leaves a lot to be desired, therefore the color swap leaves me feeling the same.

San Antonio: Can you guys be more creative than just "Camo"?

Minnesota: Clean look. Although I'd much rather see a callback to either their '89-'96 set or their '96-08 set.

2 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Very soon, all teams will be wearing 10 uniforms. This is absolute overkill.

I think this maxes it out. Some teams will have 6 jerseys this year with throwbacks and playoff jerseys. I can live with that. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Pelicans are lame and Sixers are lame too, It would be better if they keep their "City" jerseys from last season.
Jazz are better than their Statement, Warriors I'd say also better. OKC is cool, Miami, Bucks the same. Blazers and Pacers are better than "City". Cavs with mismatched shorts might be intresting. Rest of them are neutral for me.
Result is that even if all this "Earned" thing is just for easy money from fans, nike actually done it pretty well.

4r2eer.png

Archived