kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, The AFC South said:

0bYcSaC.png

this better be a April Fool's joke, but knowing the way the NBA is headed, design wise, I'm not too sure.
Edit: they nearly got me!

This would have been an upgrade for the Clippers

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

23 hours ago, The AFC South said:

0bYcSaC.png

this better be a April Fool's joke, but knowing the way the NBA is headed, design wise, I'm not too sure.
Edit: they nearly got me!

Kinda reminds me of the logos from the inaugural teams of the G-League (then NBDL). In a nutshell, they're just basically recolored NBDL logos.

Oh, how I long for the golden days of yore when I could turn on my TV and see the Lakers in yellow against the Celtics in green or the "Forum blues" vs the whites...

Instead, I'm watching the Rockets in black against the Blazers in red - no, wait, it's the Blazers in black and the Rockets in red...

3 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

I wonder that means if the red rock jerseys will be their statement jersey next season? So many questions. But, I love that they're coming back.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I’m guessing the red rocks will still retain city status.

So we know they’ll have a purple classic set (FREAK YES), the red rocks, and are likely (unless something crazy weird happens) keeping the white and navy intact. My best guess as to any possible change in the rotation would be the gold statement, but who knows. I hope they drop it for something else, that’s the uniform in the rotation that I care the least for. I’d love to see green come back.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

So we know they’ll have a purple classic set (FREAK YES), the red rocks, and are likely (unless something crazy weird happens) keeping the white and navy intact. My best guess as to any possible change in the rotation would be the gold statement, but who knows. I hope they drop it for something else, that’s the uniform in the rotation that I care the least for. I’d love to see green come back.

I am curious how it all shakes out, because 'City' jerseys are supposed to be rotated yearly and 'Statement' jerseys every two years. I guess it doesn't really matter, Nike makes the rules anyways.

But, if there's a green jersey I hope it's the throwback ... I don't care much for any of the purple throwbacks.

darrell-griffith-of-the-utah-jazz-goes-u

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

18 hours ago, kimball said:

I am curious how it all shakes out, because 'City' jerseys are supposed to be rotated yearly and 'Statement' jerseys every two years. I guess it doesn't really matter, Nike makes the rules anyways.

But, if there's a green jersey I hope it's the throwback ... I don't care much for any of the purple throwbacks.

I have to believe that there is some universe where the the Jazz's uni set is that jersey template rendered in white, purple, and green, and then you have the wacky orange thing to mix things up.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

20 hours ago, kimball said:

I wonder that means if the red rock jerseys will be their statement jersey next season? So many questions. But, I love that they're coming back.

20 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

19 hours ago, kimball said:

41 minutes ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

I have to believe that there is some universe where the the Jazz's uni set is that jersey template rendered in white, purple, and green, and then you have the wacky orange thing to mix things up.

I might be in the minority, but I like the gold statements. I have heard that they'll be sticking around for next year, and that the City Edition which was slated for 2018-19 will be pushed back, but I'm very glad that the Utah Jazz will once again don a purple jersey.

I do prefer the green 1980s throwbacks for the classic uni, and I feel that the Jazz will wear green again, but those wanting green will have to be a little more patient.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

The red rocks Jazz uniforms have grown on me, they are just fun. Remind me a lot of the tequila sunrise Astros or the rainbow skyline Nuggets

But talk about a team without a color identity. I wonder how Jazz fans feel about what exactly their identity is? They had phases where they were green, then purple, then the 90s teal gold and purple craziness, THEN another trend-driven two tone blue during the 00's, THEN back to retro look while still totally changing the colors with the navy-green-yellow combination, THEN another total curveball with the red-orange-yellow uniform.

(That must be one of the only examples in sports where a team wears basically every color on the ROYGBIV spectrum in their history, right? I guess you cant say whether the current City ones are red or orange, but they cover every single other color. Crazy.)

16 minutes ago, elliott said:

The red rocks Jazz uniforms have grown on me, they are just fun. Remind me a lot of the tequila sunrise Astros or the rainbow skyline Nuggets

But talk about a team without a color identity. I wonder how Jazz fans feel about what exactly their identity is? They had phases where they were green, then purple, then the 90s teal gold and purple craziness, THEN another trend-driven two tone blue during the 00's, THEN back to retro look while still totally changing the colors with the navy-green-yellow combination, THEN another total curveball with the red-orange-yellow uniform.

(That must be one of the only examples in sports where a team wears basically every color on the ROYGBIV spectrum in their history, right? I guess you cant say whether the current City ones are red or orange, but they cover every single other color. Crazy.)

They have new idea what era they should be. They need to choose a set and stick to it.

Jaguars

You’ve got some fans that love the navy-gold-green, and others like myself that love the purple. 

My opinion has really evolved over the years from wanting mountain colors to eventually preferring the inaugural colors for the identity. I feel like that’s what it should be and what they should have went back to in 2004.

Now I know a lot of you are thinking “but wait! That’s Mardi Gras colors! Nothing to do with Utah!”, and I get that. I totally do. But I’m a huge history buff, and there’s something special to me about looking at the greatest players in Jazz history and seeing a consistent colorway worn between them all. Maravich. Dantley. Griffith. Stockton. Malone. Eaton. They all wore purple, green, and gold. They’re all tied together by it. Plus, the Jazz wore that combo with some variation longer in Utah than they did in New Orleans, which with the history allowed for them to adapt well into Utah colors.

I think they established enough of an identity and a history with purple, green, and gold, that it transcended New Orleans or Mardi Gras and worked still in Utah. At least, I see that as a lifelong fan.  So if I were calling the shots, that’s exactly what they’d be in today and onward so the current and future stars could be connected to that history.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived