Recommended Posts

It is kind of a shame that the NBA didn't go with the 90's throwbacks a few years back -- Indiana, Atlanta, Utah, Detroit, Philadelphia and a few others were supposedly going to participate. Not sure why it didn't happen? But, I really would love to see the Pistons' teal, Jazz's purple mountain and Rockets' pajamas return at least 1-2 times (though with Nike that would be 1-2 a week) during the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JELKK said:

I want this to happen soooo badly in the near future.

dJOXC3SErA9oiShDZu5oqgLY0vAbDC0V68KLLXVn

Pic not showing up for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2018 at 5:43 PM, simtek34 said:

Great work by Conrad as usual... but based on the leaked colors, how do we know the Magic and Jazz aren't throwing back to these?

 

xh3y2ifufy3bdgxehjtfmhn0z.gif

 

yi3vrny729ajnq7yvl3dz0jah.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ you might be right about the Magic (and I did mark that one at 50% confidence, leaving the door open), but as for the Jazz one:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Pic not showing up for me

Its the Pistons teal jersey but updated to have the nike template and flagstar bank ad for a future throwback design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0bYcSaC.png

this better be a April Fool's joke, but knowing the way the NBA is headed, design wise, I'm not too sure.
Edit: they nearly got me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The AFC South said:

0bYcSaC.png

this better be a April Fool's joke, but knowing the way the NBA is headed, design wise, I'm not too sure.
Edit: they nearly got me!

This would have been an upgrade for the Clippers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I, for one, welcome our new standardized overlords.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, The AFC South said:

0bYcSaC.png

this better be a April Fool's joke, but knowing the way the NBA is headed, design wise, I'm not too sure.
Edit: they nearly got me!

 

Kinda reminds me of the logos from the inaugural teams of the G-League (then NBDL). In a nutshell, they're just basically recolored NBDL logos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, how I long for the golden days of yore when I could turn on my TV and see the Lakers in yellow against the Celtics in green or the "Forum blues" vs the whites...

 

Instead, I'm watching the Rockets in black against the Blazers in red - no, wait, it's the Blazers in black and the Rockets in red...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m guessing the red rocks will still retain city status.

 

So we know they’ll have a purple classic set (FREAK YES), the red rocks, and are likely (unless something crazy weird happens) keeping the white and navy intact. My best guess as to any possible change in the rotation would be the gold statement, but who knows. I hope they drop it for something else, that’s the uniform in the rotation that I care the least for. I’d love to see green come back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I’m guessing the red rocks will still retain city status.

 

So we know they’ll have a purple classic set (FREAK YES), the red rocks, and are likely (unless something crazy weird happens) keeping the white and navy intact. My best guess as to any possible change in the rotation would be the gold statement, but who knows. I hope they drop it for something else, that’s the uniform in the rotation that I care the least for. I’d love to see green come back.

 

I am curious how it all shakes out, because 'City' jerseys are supposed to be rotated yearly and 'Statement' jerseys every two years. I guess it doesn't really matter, Nike makes the rules anyways.

 

But, if there's a green jersey I hope it's the throwback ... I don't care much for any of the purple throwbacks.

 

darrell-griffith-of-the-utah-jazz-goes-u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, kimball said:

 

I am curious how it all shakes out, because 'City' jerseys are supposed to be rotated yearly and 'Statement' jerseys every two years. I guess it doesn't really matter, Nike makes the rules anyways.

 

But, if there's a green jersey I hope it's the throwback ... I don't care much for any of the purple throwbacks.

 

darrell-griffith-of-the-utah-jazz-goes-u

 

I have to believe that there is some universe where the the Jazz's uni set is that jersey template rendered in white, purple, and green, and then you have the wacky orange thing to mix things up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, kimball said:

 

I wonder that means if the red rock jerseys will be their statement jersey next season? So many questions. But, I love that they're coming back.

 

20 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I’m guessing the red rocks will still retain city status.

 

So we know they’ll have a purple classic set (FREAK YES), the red rocks, and are likely (unless something crazy weird happens) keeping the white and navy intact. My best guess as to any possible change in the rotation would be the gold statement, but who knows. I hope they drop it for something else, that’s the uniform in the rotation that I care the least for. I’d love to see green come back.

 

19 hours ago, kimball said:

 

I am curious how it all shakes out, because 'City' jerseys are supposed to be rotated yearly and 'Statement' jerseys every two years. I guess it doesn't really matter, Nike makes the rules anyways.

 

But, if there's a green jersey I hope it's the throwback ... I don't care much for any of the purple throwbacks.

 

darrell-griffith-of-the-utah-jazz-goes-u

 

41 minutes ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

 

I have to believe that there is some universe where the the Jazz's uni set is that jersey template rendered in white, purple, and green, and then you have the wacky orange thing to mix things up.

 

 

I might be in the minority, but I like the gold statements. I have heard that they'll be sticking around for next year, and that the City Edition which was slated for 2018-19 will be pushed back, but I'm very glad that the Utah Jazz will once again don a purple jersey.

 

I do prefer the green 1980s throwbacks for the classic uni, and I feel that the Jazz will wear green again, but those wanting green will have to be a little more patient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The red rocks Jazz uniforms have grown on me, they are just fun. Remind me a lot of the tequila sunrise Astros or the rainbow skyline Nuggets

 

But talk about a team without a color identity. I wonder how Jazz fans feel about what exactly their identity is? They had phases where they were green, then purple, then the 90s teal gold and purple craziness, THEN another trend-driven two tone blue during the 00's, THEN back to retro look while still totally changing the colors with the navy-green-yellow combination, THEN another total curveball with the red-orange-yellow uniform.

(That must be one of the only examples in sports where a team wears basically every color on the ROYGBIV spectrum in their history, right? I guess you cant say whether the current City ones are red or orange, but they cover every single other color. Crazy.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jazz are the Vancouver Canucks of the NBA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, elliott said:

The red rocks Jazz uniforms have grown on me, they are just fun. Remind me a lot of the tequila sunrise Astros or the rainbow skyline Nuggets

 

But talk about a team without a color identity. I wonder how Jazz fans feel about what exactly their identity is? They had phases where they were green, then purple, then the 90s teal gold and purple craziness, THEN another trend-driven two tone blue during the 00's, THEN back to retro look while still totally changing the colors with the navy-green-yellow combination, THEN another total curveball with the red-orange-yellow uniform.

(That must be one of the only examples in sports where a team wears basically every color on the ROYGBIV spectrum in their history, right? I guess you cant say whether the current City ones are red or orange, but they cover every single other color. Crazy.)

They have new idea what era they should be. They need to choose a set and stick to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now