kimball

19 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Celebrity All Star Game uniforms:

As much as I'm not a fan of the ASG jerseys, they're better than those ... those look like a minor league practice jersey.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I don’t care where the game takes place, Lakers in gold/yellow vs Celtics in green looks much better than Lakers in purple and Celtics in white. 

I definitely agree, but I still miss seeing those matchups once in a while. It shouldn’t take a finals appearance to see the two most iconic teams in the league in the uniform matchups that made them iconic in the first place.

Even if that were to happen, we’d probably get some black Celtics and pinstripe Lakers jerseys thrown in just because it’s 2019.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

8 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

I don’t care where the game takes place, Lakers in gold/yellow vs Celtics in green looks much better than Lakers in purple and Celtics in white. 

The home team wearing their city name on the jerseys while the visitors have their team name.
r499106_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=476&h=266&sc

46 minutes ago, Digby said:

celtics-lakers-tipoff.jpg

Oh no, the jersey doesn’t match the shorts. “It’s Nike’s fault!” /s

Also, I think the city name on the road vs the team name at home idea is overblown. There are numerous examples of teams having only one or the other across all of their jerseys, even historically, as the Lakers and Celtics both used to have their respective team names on their both their home and road sets. 

On 2/4/2019 at 1:46 PM, pelicanfan said:

Am I the only one here who actually likes what Nike’s doing with the jerseys and the whole “home team chooses jersey” thing. I mean it’s not hard to tell which team is the home team. And if it is then surely the away team could show some sign of being the away team. Personally I think it’s brilliant. I’ve never understood why the main color of a teams brand would be something the fans of the team wouldn’t even be able to see in person

edit: to add on, the lakers always seemed to traditionally wear their yellow jerseys at home. So why can’t  other teams do the same? 

I shouldn't have to squint and see a scorebug to see who's who and home vs Away. Too many times i'll be in a bar or restaurant that has games on and it'll take me way to freaking long to figure out who the hell is playing etc... It was one thing for special events (xmas etc) to have a ONE OFF jersey game. Even with a throwback or an alternate that was essentially just a "TEAM COLOR" recolor of Home and Away you still could easily identify who was playing. Not even close to the case anymore and it's beyond frustrating.

I'm not even old and it bothers the hell out of me. It's my generations fault. I know. 

3 hours ago, SLAM said:

AP19046048335383.jpg

90s basketball

The only thing that would have made this better would be if it took place in Charlotte on their throwback court. I love it! This is the way throwback games should be!

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 minutes ago, kimball said:

The only thing that would have made this better would be if it took place in Charlotte on their throwback court. I love it! This is the way throwback games should be!

I agree - my only complaint with the way the Magic have been doing the throwbacks is there’s no corresponding court. I mean, look at my picture - they even “retro-ize” the scoreboard!

ExJworW.png

Archived