kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of random, but do we know for sure if teams that had classic sets this season can keep them next season or not? Because I just got sad when I realized we may not see that beautiful Suns throwback again.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

41 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Kind of random, but do we know for sure if teams that had classic sets this season can keep them next season or not? Because I just got sad when I realized we may not see that beautiful Suns throwback again.

None of the Classic Edition uniforms will follow through to next season, sadly. It'll just be the 7 teams outlined here: http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/03/29/seven-nba-teams-to-wear-classic-uniforms-next-season/

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, anythinglogos said:

I really hope this is just a custom jersey and not a new Knicks one (unless it’s replacing the Statement for useless Knicks uniform). Orange numbers look so much better

These uniforms aren't that bad either but I would say those more numbers are so much more classic than white numbers unless they change the home numbers to Blue instead of orange then I'll be shocked

shado_logo.gif

Those hats are VERY inconsistent with dates ... acknowledging some team's pasts while totally eliminating others. So odd.

Sacramento Kings '85

Los Angeles Lakers '48

Houston Rockets '67

Detroit Pistons '41

Golden State Warriors '46

Brooklyn Nets '12

So is it whatever fits the narrative? 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, kimball said:

Those hats are VERY inconsistent with dates ... acknowledging some team's pasts while totally eliminating others. So odd.

Sacramento Kings '85

Los Angeles Lakers '48

Houston Rockets '67

Detroit Pistons '41

Brooklyn Nets '12

Those dates are chosen by the teams.

I know in the OKC example, they've always distanced themselves from Seattle's history (established in 2008, no championship banners in the arena, no championship tab on the jersey, etc).

If/when Seattle gets a team, they'll get the history back if they so choose. Other teams likely have their own philosophies on the matter.

Grizzlies wants change, but they completely no idea how to do it. That secondary logo is worse than current (still current), also adding grey is definitely GFGS.

Nuggets much better, but again secondary logo isn't good. I understand that they wanted to adding everything, which is associate with Denver, but it looks to busy.

Old Larry O'brien trophy patch, intresting.

4r2eer.png

3 hours ago, kimball said:

Sacramento Kings '85

Los Angeles Lakers '48

Houston Rockets '67

Detroit Pistons '41

Brooklyn Nets '12

As usual, the Nets get it wrong.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 5/9/2018 at 12:37 PM, Conrad. said:

None of the Classic Edition uniforms will follow through to next season, sadly. It'll just be the 7 teams outlined here: http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/03/29/seven-nba-teams-to-wear-classic-uniforms-next-season/

I don't get the point in forcing teams to not reuse their classic jerseys. I loved some of the ones from this season like the Suns and the Bucks.  

Archived