kimball

5 hours ago, kimball said:

Those hats are VERY inconsistent with dates ... acknowledging some team's pasts while totally eliminating others. So odd.

Sacramento Kings '85

Los Angeles Lakers '48

Houston Rockets '67

Detroit Pistons '41

Golden State Warriors '46

Brooklyn Nets '12

So is it whatever fits the narrative? 

Utah Jazz '79 (i.e. the move to Utah)

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, GMW79 said:

Utah Jazz '79 (i.e. the move to Utah)

Yea these established years are lame. Pistons were established before the NBA began in 1946? Sacramento acknowledges that banner from 1951 or whatever but they were established in 1985.

spacer.png

59 minutes ago, BShaw20 said:

Heh Magic cap...

E25_C15_FC_D586_470_E_9_F4_A_9_C08_E072_

F94316_E0_10_AD_4_CE8_A9_BE_57_CD83_CAB5

I wonder what the licensing fee for that Disney pin was. ?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Or maybe it was the other way around, as in Disney wanting to squeeze in onto the hat, thus them being the ones who paid for it?

20 minutes ago, truepg said:

Or maybe it was the other way around, as in Disney wanting to squeeze in onto the hat, thus them being the ones who paid for it?

New Era licenses everything from Disney. Disney's not paying New Era for advertising space here.

It's like NASCAR hats. Team sponsors like Busch or M&Ms don't pay New Era to make the hats.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, nyk said:

Doesn't it seem odd to give a huge Knicks fan a jersey that's wrong? If he knows the Knicks, he knows the numbers should be orange. You can kinda see it in his reaction, too.

So maybe this is a new alternate...?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 6/5/2018 at 6:47 PM, andrewharrington said:

I just hate that ghe league moved all the teams to Charlotte. #honeycomb

Is anyone else confused by how they chose what flag to put on the draft hats? The Minnesota Timberwolves have the Minnesota state flag, but the Utah Jazz have the Salt Lake City flag and the Indiana Pacers have the Indianapolis flag. Also, all four California teams have the California state flag rather than their respective city flags, which make some sense for Golden State I guess, and the Raptors have the Canadian flag instead of the Toronto flag or the Ontario flag.

27 minutes ago, Stu-BallsOmnicorp said:

Is anyone else confused by how they chose what flag to put on the draft hats? The Minnesota Timberwolves have the Minnesota state flag, but the Utah Jazz have the Salt Lake City flag and the Indiana Pacers have the Indianapolis flag. Also, all four California teams have the California state flag rather than their respective city flags, which make some sense for Golden State I guess, and the Raptors have the Canadian flag instead of the Toronto flag or the Ontario flag.

It’s all about marketing. A Canadian flag as opposed to a Toronto or Ontario flag makes it easier to sell Raptors hats across Canada. 

Just like how California flag merchandise is hot right now, so of course all of the California teams are going to try and cash in on that. 

On 6/6/2018 at 10:32 AM, WSU151 said:

Doesn't it seem odd to give a huge Knicks fan a jersey that's wrong? If he knows the Knicks, he knows the numbers should be orange. You can kinda see it in his reaction, too.

So maybe this is a new alternate...?

Maybe the new Statement jersey?

2 hours ago, Stu-BallsOmnicorp said:

Most likely a combination of legalities, team preference, and nuances in each market, for example not using the Minneapolis flag because a good portion of the fans probably live in St. Paul, or not using the Indiana flag because NW Indiana is Bulls country.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

42 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Now that the Nuggets hit into a double play with their uniforms..

I wonder what Memphis is gonna do with their identity/uniforms since their colors changed. 

I'm expecting a sacrifice bunt.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 6/5/2018 at 8:55 PM, BShaw20 said:

Yea these established years are lame. Pistons were established before the NBA began in 1946? Sacramento acknowledges that banner from 1951 or whatever but they were established in 1985.

The Pistons WERE founded before the NBA began. They were an NBL franchise in 1941. Sacramento's is especially annoying since it's by far the oldest team in the NBA. They've been around in some form since 1923. It baffles me they don't want to make that a bigger part of their identity.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 hour ago, Lafarge said:

The Pistons WERE founded before the NBA began. They were an NBL franchise in 1941. Sacramento's is especially annoying since it's by far the oldest team in the NBA. They've been around in some form since 1923. It baffles me they don't want to make that a bigger part of their identity.

It's inconsistent too. The Kings have a banner recognizing the Royals' 1951 NBA Championship, and they have that gold tag on the back of their jerseys to similarly recognize that title. They obviously aren't afraid of recognising their roots, so this '85 thing is just weird.

Archived