kimball

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who thinks these Nike summer league uniforms are so much better than the glorified monochrome practice uniforms from Adidas.

This template makes Memphis Grizzlies summer league uniforms better than their regular set.

CYQ355OJDBGVXEVJ2VMOGWKNBI.aspx

?image=5036538

shado_logo.gif

I don't think they're WNBA-bad, but the side paneling is pretty awful. The jersey panels have no connection with the shorts.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

21 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I don't think they're WNBA-bad, but the side paneling is pretty awful. The jersey panels have no connection with the shorts.

Exactly. They're still better than the Adidas crap by virtue of looking like actual uniforms, but the design makes no sense.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

22 hours ago, Webfooter said:

That's likely because of the name under number on back.  It's a design element that just hasn't aged that well.

I’ve actually thought Nike should do that with its latest college jerseys, given their cut. Trying to cram letters above the numbers on those looks awful.

Just created an account just to ask some questions since you guys are the only site really with an idea..

Is it confirmed that besides the Utah Jazz, everyone will be getting a new City uniform?

5 hours ago, d11king said:

Just created an account just to ask some questions since you guys are the only site really with an idea..

Is it confirmed that besides the Utah Jazz, everyone will be getting a new City uniform?

If I remember correctly, every team has the option to change their city jersey. But more than likely, they'll all get new jerseys... More money for teams.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

1 hour ago, Webfooter said:

So it seems only Portland has side panels on their SL jerseys and shorts that sort of match up.

Game_2.0.jpg

There are actually a few other teams with the side panel design like that as well (at least on one of their sets):

Dhm7Ri2VQAA7G5q?format=jpg

DhjxzP7VAAAbwJn?format=jpggettyimages-993010448_master-w900-h635.j

It’s technically the same design, just with the entire side panels filled in with the base color of the uniform. It’s a much more effective design this way, as the striping on the jersey and shorts actually does match.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

This year it's the Orlando Magic's 30th anniversary. For the their 10th, 15th & 20th anniversaries they redesigned their jerseys and released an anniversary logo. They also released an anniversary logo for their 25th anniversary but the jerseys remained the same.

Their current set is heavily linked to the Dwight Howard era and are long overdue for a revamp. While they plan to wear throwbacks this season, there has been no talk of a jersey redesign and/or anniversary logo. I feel like they've been searching for a suitable replacement from their original set, which will forever remain perfect for throwbacks. They sophomore set was great as well but they only wore them for 5 seasons. They junior sets were forgettable and as a lifelong Magic fan have never been a fan of their current logos/uniforms.

Thoughts from you guys?

2 hours ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

SL jerseys for sale?

Actually, I read last night that at least the Lakers SL jerseys would be for sale soon. It was a tweet, so of course I can't find it and it probably shouldn't be trusted. But also, why would anyone lie about that?

edit: it was the Mavericks, and it was a retweet from @Conrad., here it is:

https://twitter.com/DSJfans/status/1015796461001428997

Archived