kimball

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:54 AM, Teal said:

Well that’s a shame...

No it isn't, the Pistons have been a red, white, and blue team dating back to their days in Fort Wayne all the way back in 1941. The teal was an embarrassment for a historical franchise.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Eszcz21 said:

No it isn't the Pistons have been a red, white, and blue team dating back to their days in Fort Wayne all the way back in 1941. The teal was an embarrassment for a historical franchise.

There's a reason it only lasted 5 years (1996-97 until 2000-01.)

They look washed out in game action but look great in a photo shoot and/or photoshopped? Does that sound like a really strong argument to you?

When you Google image search "knicks orange jersey", the Kobe photoshop doesn't even come up, so apparently you wanted to find that picture, rather than it being random.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

27 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

They look washed out in game action but look great in a photo shoot and/or photoshopped? Does that sound like a really strong argument to you?

When you Google image search "knicks orange jersey", the Kobe photoshop doesn't even come up, so apparently you wanted to find that picture, rather than it being random.

Does the color in those two photos look the same as the video I posted?

Uniforms frequently look washed out in game action photos:

1cbd0c08fec005ffa62c5e89ad28fc75--new-yo

This is what it should look like:

34g7nub.jpg

2 hours ago, colortv said:

Not sure why people feel the need to make an issue out of something so trivial.

Because this is the internet — that’s just what we do.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, colortv said:

Does the color in those two photos look the same as the video I posted?

Uniforms frequently look washed out in game action photos:

If only teams played 82 games in a photo studio without bright lighting, amirite? Then all the photos would be perfect. 

The lighting in the video you posted isn't great.  It's all based on shadowing.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

29 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

If only teams played 82 games in a photo studio without bright lighting, amirite? Then all the photos would be perfect. 

The lighting in the video you posted isn't great.  It's all based on shadowing.

Watch a Knicks game and tell me which of these is more representative of the uniform:

1cbd0c08fec005ffa62c5e89ad28fc75--new-yo

34g7nub.jpg

3 hours ago, Kaz said:

I never understood the Knicks' orange jersey curse; it isn't like they play any better when wearing their blue or white jerseys.

Superstition. Maybe it's harder to see the ball when it's similar to the color of the jersey of the person who's passing it to you.

The orange Knicks jerseys were terrible... the gray around the wordmark sticks out like a sore thumb, while it's barely visible on the collar.

Anyway, Houston badly needs a rebrand or least a uniform change. The original versions of these jerseys (03-10, with the shimmer) were excellent. The materials swap in 2010 ruined them by changing the number font, removing shimmer, and screwing up the proportions. I'm shocked that they survived another materials swap, now they're the worst jerseys in the league by far.

1 hour ago, who do you think said:

now they're the worst jerseys in the league by far.

Agree. Nike's attempt to translate the Rockets' jersey to their template went wrong in every way. They literally look like they're wearing K-mart level generic knock-offs out there - it's embarrassing. I don't care what colours Houston go with but they really need to build uniforms from scratch. Forgetting the switch to Nike as well, those uniforms are horribly dated too.

9 hours ago, Kaz said:

I never understood the Knicks' orange jersey curse; it isn't like they play any better when wearing their blue or white jerseys.

The Knicks' actual "curse" is James Dolan. As long as he owns the team, it doesn't matter if they're wearing white, blue, orange, or pink with purple polka dots.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived