kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Apparently on Twitter it hints to a new jersey but the design is the same as their "regular" road.

It doesn’t necessarily hint to a new jersey, especially since it is just their regular black jersey inside the ice block. It could be anything really. Speculation from people on Twitter has ranged from an announcement about NHL coming to Portland (this seems like the least practical thing that this could be, and frankly it’d almost be too obvious with the whole ice block thing), to news about a jersey retirement, to an announcement of a jersey advertiser, etc. it could even be some sort of ticket promotion or something like that. They followed the original tweet up with this a little while ago:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

16 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

It doesn’t necessarily hint to a new jersey, especially since it is just their regular black jersey inside the ice block. It could be anything really. Speculation from people on Twitter has ranged from an announcement about NHL coming to Portland (this seems like the least practical thing that this could be, and frankly it’d almost be too obvious with the whole ice block thing), to news about a jersey retirement, to an announcement of a jersey advertiser, etc. it could even be some sort of ticket promotion or something like that. They followed the original tweet up with this a little while ago:

I hope this means Voodoo Doughnut will be their advertiser.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

11 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Another teaser, this time from Dame Lillard:

I'm assuming it's probably the City Jersey unveiling? But, I'm trying to figure why the ice sculpture? I guess it could be a jersey advertiser? 

I guess all we do now is just wait ... 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

Forgive me if this has already been suggested, but could this be for a potential throwback reveal? That could partly explain the ice motif (keeping something on ice/in cold storage).

They are not one of the teams scheduled for Classic looks this season, IIRC

Supposedly the Blazers will be announcing Biofreeze, a cold therapy pain relief product, as their first ever jersey advertiser. That would obviously help to explain the significance of the ice block. Also, the Blazers put out these teaser graphics on social media earlier today:

DneTxBzU4AA_O70?format=jpg

DneecT9UcAAWta9?format=jpg

Notice the pattern on the bottom of those images. That same pattern is used by Biofreeze in their recently redesigned product labels:

PROFESSIONALLINE.png

biofreeze-spray-13454.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMEEE!!!!

(Additionally that advertising patch looks horrible on the jersey. Then again all advertising patches look horrible on all jerseys)

kimball banner.png

Yep, it’s now official:

After holding out all of last season, it felt inevitable that they’d announce a jersey advertiser at some point before or during this coming season. At least the patch on both the white and black jerseys blends in fairly well (though I could do without the green), but holy hell does it stick out like a sore thumb on the red jersey. The Blazers should’ve stipulated that the text had to be black on the red jersey, because it looks horrible as is with it being the only white on the jersey.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Yep, it’s now official:

After holding out all of last season, it felt inevitable that they’d announce a jersey advertiser at some point before or during this coming season. At least the patch on both the white and black jerseys blends in fairly well (though I could do without the green), but holy hell does it stick out like a sore thumb on the red jersey. The Blazers should’ve stipulated that the text had to be black on the red jersey, because it looks horrible as is with it being the only white on the jersey.

Cold therapy  will damage your ligaments, and i think the green is worse than the all white.

Why would anyone buy a jersey with an ad on it. You have to be mighty stupid to not see how ugly they are ?

Archived