kimball

41 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

That blue for the Cavs... could it be?

8034053081_ba68a7b375_z.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cavs Fanatics mashup jerseys return ... those were kind of fun and fit the essence of the City Edition jerseys.

bluecavfanatic1.jpg

ap-e62400fa370240ffb405f9f4297d5b59.jpg

LeBron-CavFanatic.jpg?resize=600,482

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Bucks in YELLOW?

Baffling choice, Especially with Red, Purple, Cream, Black, Blue all right there. When the :censored: has there been yellow in the Bucks’ identity. 

Well considering it's a City Jersey those are kind of thrown out the window (ie-Jazz, Bulls, Heat).

My first thought was ... will we see a basketball version of this logo on a jersey? 

3574156893_df970726fe.jpg

#PipeDream

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 minute ago, kimball said:

Well considering it's a City Jersey those are kind of thrown out the window (ie-Jazz, Bulls, Heat).

My first thought was ... will we see a basketball version of this logo on a jersey? 

3574156893_df970726fe.jpg

#PipeDream

I was thinking more like a Packers tribute. What’s the percentage of Packers/Bears fans in Milwaukee? Like 99/1 right?

07Giants.pngnyy.png

9 hours ago, kimball said:

This is from the mothership's article on the Twitter leak ...

NBA-New-Uniforms-Colours-City-Earned-201

A few thoughts ...

• Pretty much confirms the fuschia colored Miami Vice jersey.
  • YEAH JAZZ IN GREEN!
  • Seems like @Teal was right about the Bucks in yellow.
  • I sure hope that green Celtics Earned Jersey is the gold St. Patrick's Day jersey.
  • There's waaaaaaaaay too many teams in gray -- I really hate this trend.

A SECOND gray uniform for the Pistons? I don't understand why it's so hard to bring this beauty back:

3RjBpQG.jpg

Hopefully this ridiculous GFGS trend dies out soon.

I really, really like the black and white versions of the Vice uniforms. The pink looks garish in the leak, but hopefully better in real life. I hope the Heat keep the existing red/white/black as the primary identity, though. There's always this clamoring for the Heat to use the Vice color scheme from seemingly everyone but fans of the team. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but "Heat" seems to require the red and gold elements from the primary sets.

I'd be way sadder if they ever dropped the flaming T wordmark, though. It's cool to see the font from the old Miami Arena resurface, but the Heat wordmark is perfect as it is. I'll preorder any jersey that combines that with the Vice colors. Considering there's only a cyan one left to release in 2019-20, assuming they just keep recoloring, that should have to happen sometime soon.

PJU85JF.png

33 minutes ago, alxy8s said:

I really, really like the black and white versions of the Vice uniforms. The pink looks garish in the leak, but hopefully better in real life. I hope the Heat keep the existing red/white/black as the primary identity, though. There's always this clamoring for the Heat to use the Vice color scheme from seemingly everyone but fans of the team. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but "Heat" seems to require the red and gold elements from the primary sets.

I'd be way sadder if they ever dropped the flaming T wordmark, though. It's cool to see the font from the old Miami Arena resurface, but the Heat wordmark is perfect as it is. I'll preorder any jersey that combines that with the Vice colors. Considering there's only a cyan one left to release in 2019-20, assuming they just keep recoloring, that should have to happen sometime soon.

I agree with you. Vice works well as “city” or alt uniforms, but I feel like it would get old really fast being the primary identity. There’s a reason the Heat look has endured so long - it’s good.

The latest rumor on r/Sixers about the grey City jersey actually makes some sense... I'be interesting to see if anyone else has heard of something like this.

u/Sixer7:

"Im going to jump in here. Sixers have partnered with MGM Studios for Creed 2 and the City jerseys will indeed be all grey with some white accents. Sort of a play on the hooded sweatshirts Rocky and Creed wear in training scenes. It'll be announced officially November 1st-ish, Creed 2 comes out Novembers 21st"

And apparently this shirt is on Lids: https://www.lids.com/philadelphia-76ers-ben-simmons-nike-nba-mens-marled-player-t-shirt/21068128

YVRMUBj.png

15 hours ago, kimball said:

A few thoughts ...

• YEAH JAZZ IN GREEN!
  • I sure hope that green Celtics Earned Jersey is the gold St. Patrick's Day jersey.

This kids, is what we call over-saturating the market. Then again, you can shove Marvel into literally anything and people will eat it right up.

Also, there's a real irony in baseball pushing away grey while every other sport embraces it.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

11 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

I was thinking more like a Packers tribute. What’s the percentage of Packers/Bears fans in Milwaukee? Like 99/1 right?

It's a little more than that, but they're mostly Chicagoland transplants who moved to the area.  

At this rate, would anybody be surprised if teams ended up with 14 different jerseys?  One for each day of the week, a white and dark version.  With teams getting 5 or 6 jerseys, it's getting even more ridiculous than last year when they got rid of home and away.

6 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

The latest rumor on r/Sixers about the grey City jersey actually makes some sense... I'be interesting to see if anyone else has heard of something like this.

And apparently this shirt is on Lids: https://www.lids.com/philadelphia-76ers-ben-simmons-nike-nba-mens-marled-player-t-shirt/21068128

Wouldn’t worry too much about the tee, I’ve seen a lot of teams get that monochromatic marled style as a fashion choice this year...

but don’t NASCAR-synergies the uniform.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

21 hours ago, kimball said:

A few thoughts ...

• YEAH JAZZ IN GREEN!

What is that faded Blue for the Cavs earned?

7 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

u/Sixer7:

"Im going to jump in here. Sixers have partnered with MGM Studios for Creed 2 and the City jerseys will indeed be all grey with some white accents. Sort of a play on the hooded sweatshirts Rocky and Creed wear in training scenes. It'll be announced officially November 1st-ish, Creed 2 comes out Novembers 21st" 

So basically Sixers uniform will be a commercial for a movie. At least they chose -I hope- a good movie (I'm a fan of "Rocky" series).

I wonder if 1.11 will be a day when every team announced their "City" or not.

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, ltjets21 said:

What is that faded Blue for the Cavs earned?

I am wondering that myself? Not sure if it's faded from a watermark or it's just going to be a SUPER light blue jersey?

3 hours ago, tohasbo said:

Wouldn't stun me if it's a gray version of last year's City jersey

Ditto. It seems like a lot of the City Jerseys will be recolored versions from last year. 

kimball banner.png

Archived