kimball

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

It also NBA fault for allowing that. If they got strickier restriction and don't want to make cash from sales, we would see max 4 (with Retro) uniforms per team. Remember how many completely unnecessary jerseys adidas added after Rev30 arrived? Look at NFL, nike is there, but teams got from 2 to 4 uniforms only.

You aleady have  "Spring Traning", "Players weekend"," "4th July", "Memorial/Mother/Father day" + Throwbacks uniforms and Majestic is a provider, so what nike change in that case?

I remember in 2015-16 season Heat and Cavs has 7-8 uniforms... So I think not only nike but also the NBA have fault in this situation.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

Oh noooooooooooo ? Dow-ZG8X4AEGgqb?format=jpg

Not bad. Decent use of black (which is really being emphasized in this new Nike stint). It could look really cool if done right.

But it's just not traditional Lakers. Pinstripe shorts huh?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, Teal said:

The earned sets are exactly the same design as the city sets but are just a different colour. 

I'm not doubting you...but a) the Rockets will have a dark red City jersey, and a bright red Earned jersey that are the same design? and b) are all the colors on the city jersey incorporated into Earned jerseys? As in, will both of the Bucks' City and Earned jerseys feature yellow and gray?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 minutes ago, slikye1 said:

I remember in 2015-16 season Heat and Cavs has 7-8 uniforms... So I think not only nike but also the NBA have fault in this situation.

Exactly, you can blame nike for a stupid names or their jersey cut and fabrics or even for a stupid black stripe on Lakers purple jersey, but you can't blame them for using the opportunity to earn money created by NBA.

4r2eer.png

22 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

TLP_Aspot_Mobile_GRIZ.jpg

Something about the way the letters and numbers crunched together on such a big body, especially without a side panel makes this uniform look like a pajama to Marc Gasol. 

Space the numbers from the wordmark PLEASE! Is the extra room for ads or something??

Ps. Took me 30mins to post this because of the pop up ads on this site! ????

That color is what makes it look like pajamas to me! haha

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

8 hours ago, skip88 said:

Wow, Nike has turned the NBA into a fashion league. 10+ jerseys for each team, each with a more ridiculous name than the other. + New jerseys every season. 

Has nothing to do with team identity, only about making more money of dumb fans.  You see a game and you don't know who is playing, what a disgrace, and then you also got ads on jerseys! Unbelievable  

I pray Nike don't get the MLB deal.

You know, I'm "FINE" with some of these extra designs and jersey editions, I just want tradition honored and PLEASE no Spongebob or TNMT jerseys. That's definitely where I cross the line. Well, before that point. But, you get the drift.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 10/5/2018 at 10:21 AM, Around the Horn said:

The latest rumor on r/Sixers about the grey City jersey actually makes some sense... I'be interesting to see if anyone else has heard of something like this.

And apparently this shirt is on Lids: https://www.lids.com/philadelphia-76ers-ben-simmons-nike-nba-mens-marled-player-t-shirt/21068128

I’d buy all the shirts if they were gray with last year’s cream-jersey mark in white or black (just word mark, no number/NOB)

That at one is OK, but would be way better if the black and white were reversed. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

11 hours ago, Teal said:

The earned sets are exactly the same design as the city sets but are just a different colour. 

I'm not doubting you...but a) the Rockets will have a dark red City jersey, and a bright red Earned jersey that are the same design? and b) are all the colors on the city jersey incorporated into Earned jerseys? As in, will both of the Bucks' City and Earned jerseys feature yellow and gray?

More critically, the Pelican earned and City jerseys will both be white? With the same design? Nah.

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The new Rockets city set is dark red. I have yet to see the earned set but as far as I know, all the earned sets are the same as the city sets just in different colour. The design stays the same. 

Jaguars

12 hours ago, Teal said:

I've heard somewhere that the Jazz's Earned™ set is going in similar pattern to that of the gold Statement™ set except for the fact that it is primarily green.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

9 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Not bad. Decent use of black (which is really being emphasized in this new Nike stint). It could look really cool if done right.

But it's just not traditional Lakers. Pinstripe shorts huh?

Lakers with pinstripes = chi-bulls-black-pinstripe-620x899.jpg

When these first came out people were screaming bloody murder but over time they became classics.

Lakers version if executed right could be the same.

shado_logo.gif

On 10/5/2018 at 1:45 AM, kimball said:

This is from the mothership's article on the Twitter leak ...

NBA-New-Uniforms-Colours-City-Earned-201

A few thoughts ...

• Pretty much confirms the fuschia colored Miami Vice jersey.
  • YEAH JAZZ IN GREEN!
  • Seems like @Teal was right about the Bucks in yellow.
  • I sure hope that green Celtics Earned Jersey is the gold St. Patrick's Day jersey.
  • There's waaaaaaaaay too many teams in gray -- I really hate this trend.

Just a heads up, Minnesota's City set is purple. Wanted to clear that up for you all.

Jaguars

13 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

When these first came out people were screaming bloody murder but over time they became classics.

The Lakers city set is by far and away my favourite of the city sets. Absolutely stunning.

Jaguars

39 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

When these first came out people were screaming bloody murder

Were they?

39 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

but over time they became classics.

They won't be.

Nothing Nike designs these days is meant to be "classic." It would need to stick around for over two years for it to take.

1 hour ago, Teal said:

Just a heads up, Minnesota's City set is purple. Wanted to clear that up for you all.

Looking closer at the list, it kind of looks like it could be a dark purple. A potential nod to the Prince? Purple rain? Or the Vikes I guess lol 

5 hours ago, Teal said:

The new Rockets city set is dark red. I have yet to see the earned set but as far as I know, all the earned sets are the same as the city sets just in different colour. The design stays the same. 

Does this mean the Jazz one will look something like one of these?DortylcU4AA2oFq?format=jpg

9 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

The Magic's alternate is more like what you are talking about. Black jersey, colored pinstripes. I wasn't sure about it at first when it was unveiled last year but I'm really into it now. Imagine if the original Magic jerseys did this? That'd be amazing.

ff_2721132alt2_full.jpg&w=900

bSLCtu2.png

44 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

The Magic's alternate is more like what you are talking about. Black jersey, colored pinstripes. I wasn't sure about it at first when it was unveiled last year but I'm really into it now. Imagine if the original Magic jerseys did this? That'd be amazing.

ff_2721132alt2_full.jpg&w=900

I still liked this previous version better:

tobias-harris-nikola-vucevic-victor-olad

Archived