kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/11/2018 at 3:14 PM, WSU151 said:

Ok you’re right but in astronomy there is only one Sun. Most everything that has to do with the Sun in Spanish is El/del Sol. 

The proper way to do it is in the native language.

When’s the last time you saw Real Madrid be called Royal Madrid? And we don’t call hockey teams the Canadians or the Nordics either. Nobody translates it, so there’s no reason to translate Anerican teams. 

Maybe it’s not done as much now, but I distinctly remember watching a Mexican telecast of the 1995 World Series in Spanish class, and the announcers referred to the teams only as “los Indios” and “los Bravos.”

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 minute ago, tohasbo said:

Wouldn't shock me if they went with Kareem or Shaq

Which is weird, because they could have timed a Shaq jersey with the new statue.

Though I bet they honor players that weren't contemporaries to LeBron James. So maybe in the next few years West, Kareem, Wilt, Elgin Baylor, and Mikan for fun. At least go through the old guys until LeBron retires.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, DG_Now said:

Which is weird, because they could have timed a Shaq jersey with the new statue.

Though I bet they honor players that weren't contemporaries to LeBron James. So maybe in the next few years West, Kareem, Wilt, Elgin Baylor, and Mikan for fun. At least go through the old guys until LeBron retires.

That would work far better.  I just hate this look of the new CIty jersey.  It just looks all kinds of awful

On 10/11/2018 at 2:08 PM, monkeypower said:

In the QMJHL, the French names aren't translated to English for the rest of the CHL. 

For example, they're always the Gatineau Olympiques, Val-d'Or Foreurs and Victoriaville Tigres, not the Olympics, Drillers and Tigers respectively.

BAIE-COMEAU DRAKKAR

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

9 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Are people still glad that Nike took over? There is literally nothing about anything Nike has brought to the table that i've been able to say "ok, not bad".

New Lakers uniforms (except black stripe on purple uni)? Clippers unis (except alternate), few City unis, Grizzlies also looks good.

4r2eer.png

With what's been beaten to death in the Lakers thread already ... the alternate as an alternate isn't the worst jersey ever, but there's nothing about it that truly represents Magic. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived