kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JELKK said:

That would be a interesting uniform match up, but it shouldnt happen in real life. The colors are too dark to contrast.

Luckily they won't as long as the Celts and Lakers don't meet in the playoffs.  Both their regular season games are slated to be green vs. gold. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

16 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Are people still glad that Nike took over? There is literally nothing about anything Nike has brought to the table that i've been able to say "ok, not bad".

I’m glad that Nike at least got rid of the butt stamps. Some of the City jerseys are pretty cool too. Other than that, I was okay with Adidas’ offerings. Even a few of the sleeved jerseys were okay (emphasis on few).

The Knicks released their uniform schedule. Here’s the breakdown

Association: 33 (19 at home/14 on the road)

Road blues: 17 (all on the road)

The one with the white inner outline: 20 (10/10)

City: 12 (all at home)

I like having the City uniform strictly at home and mantaining  the road uniform a road uniform but they’ll wear white on the road way too often. The road is superior to both white jerseys so it’ll be a shame to see it so rarely 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

3 hours ago, Jack Holmes said:

Purple pinstripes uni is better than the old Adidas sleeved black alternate.

I actually disagree with this. While most uniforms looked tacky with sleeves, the Hollywood Nights alt worked for me on so many levels. I'll have to see this pinstriped uni on court, but as for right now it ranks as the Laker's worst uniform in team history in my opinion. 

On 10/11/2018 at 6:14 PM, WSU151 said:

Ok you’re right but in astronomy there is only one Sun. Most everything that has to do with the Sun in Spanish is El/del Sol. 

The proper way to do it is in the native language.

When’s the last time you saw Real Madrid be called Royal Madrid? And we don’t call hockey teams the Canadians or the Nordics either. Nobody translates it, so there’s no reason to translate Anerican teams. 

But if you don't translate it, there's no point in doing it at all.   Why should los/El be in front if "the" isn't.?  The whole exercise is uninteresting the way they do it. That's the problem.  Proper brand name translation is beside the point. If you don't translate, just use normal uniforms.

4 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

I actually disagree with this. While most uniforms looked tacky with sleeves, the Hollywood Nights alt worked for me on so many levels. I'll have to see this pinstriped uni on court, but as for right now it ranks as the Laker's worst uniform in team history in my opinion. 

The Hollywood Nights alt didn't work for me at all in practice. The yellow striping looked tacky and mismatched on a black jersey with a purple wordmark.

The black mamba city jersey last year was a better black alternate uniform for the Lakers. 

So was this old jersey Kobe wore on the cover of Slam:

http://slammagazine.wikia.com/wiki/SLAM_74?file=SLAM74.jpg

Along with the pinstripes, they're all better than the Hollywood Nights alt in my view.

On 10/15/2018 at 10:19 AM, kimball said:

..the alternate as an alternate isn't the worst jersey ever, but there's nothing about it that truly represents Magic. 

The pin stripes are kinda like the Orlando Magic, so there's that.

Archived