kimball

33 minutes ago, mmejia said:

The pin stripes are kinda like the Orlando Magic, so there's that.

...I don’t want to say it again, but...

Magic Johnson never played for or had any connections with the Orlando Magic.

Alright, now that I got that out of my system... personally I’m ok with the jerseys as a one-year thing. However, there’s no reason that the Lakers should have two purple uniforms and both of them have black. The regular one should not (and have white numbers).

ExJworW.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/15/2018 at 11:19 AM, kimball said:

With what's been beaten to death in the Lakers thread already ... the alternate as an alternate isn't the worst jersey ever, but there's nothing about it that truly represents Magic. 

It will probably be said that the pinstripes are in reference to business suits, which Magic wears, and also he sold some as part of an Earvin Magic Johnson suit collection. They'll probably say that "Los Angeles" is added to the jersey to because he is truly part of the city, not just the Lakers. Will we buy it?

Bulls, Rockets Latest to Add Jersey Ads

October 16, 2018 - 18:33 PM

The Chicago Bulls and Houston Rockets both announced they would be adding an advertisement to the front of their uniforms for the upcoming 2018-19 NBA season. This leaves just the Indiana Pacers, Oklahoma City Thunder, and Washington Wizards as teams […]

Read More...

bulls-zenni-patch.jpgHouston-Rockets-ROKiT-Patch-590x429.jpg

Two observations ...

1) What the hell is that logo for the Bulls? You can barely read it, something you should be able to for an optical company.

2) Very clever sponorship with Rokit and the Rockets.

But, yeah, ads suck. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Alright, now that I got that out of my system... personally I’m ok with the jerseys as a one-year thing. However, there’s no reason that the Lakers should have two purple uniforms and both of them have black. The regular one should not (and have white numbers).

I'm fine with it being a one time jersey as well. But, there's nothing -- NOTHING -- about it that says "oh that's a jersey honoring Magic Johnson" like last year's Kobe jersey. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 hours ago, mmejia said:

The Rockets are officially off the board:

DppJ9pyUYAEKTj7.jpg:large

The only thing these nike rockets uniform had going for it was that they were ad free. Now theirs definitely no reason to like these.

5 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

And for the bulls, I'm glad its illegible.

6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

These ads are garbage. It's even more insulting because the brands the teams are picking are ones that no one knows or cares about and thus it sounds even worse I mean really you have BIOFREEZE? ROKIT? WISH? Give me a break.

Isn’t that the point of advertising? To get people to know about your brand?

Archived