kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Why is LeBron James wearing a Goodyear Kyrie Irving jersey?

I believe it was kind of a salute/ clap back after Kyrie left. 

Also, I saw this at work yesterday: 

"The Wingfoots, which were founded in 1918 to test rubber in the soles of athletic shoes, went on to become a founding member of the National Basketball League (NBL), a precursor league to today’s NBA, and won the NBL Championship in 1937. Tapping into Goodyear’s long-standing basketball heritage and leveraging its sponsorship with the Cleveland Cavaliers, Goodyear’s celebration during the 2018-19 NBA season will feature the creation of a basketball throwback jersey – dating further back than any other – and two pieces of basketball-themed tire art that will be displayed at the Cavaliers home court at Quicken Loans Arena." 

20181017_basketball_body320181017_basketball_body1

12 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

LeBron is wearing a white/light grey cheetah print arm sleeve tonight to match his opening night kicks:

Dp1s22HUwAAN7X8?format=jpg

Dp1yc3iWoAAhC9a?format=jpg

Dp1yht0W4AEzn4C?format=jpg

Grey cheetah sleeve and red kicks with a gold Lakers uniform? Anyone still think letting these guys wear anything was a great idea? This looks absolutely horrible...

1 hour ago, jp1409 said:

Grey cheetah sleeve and red kicks with a gold Lakers uniform? Anyone still think letting these guys wear anything was a great idea? This looks absolutely horrible...

This has seriously bothered me way more than I thought it would. It's one thing for one player to wear white, another black, and then one in a variation of team color, but I saw marvin bagley wearing infrared colored shoes and it was bad. 

This has to stop.

6 hours ago, walkerws said:

"The Wingfoots, which were founded in 1918 to test rubber in the soles of athletic shoes, went on to become a founding member of the National Basketball League (NBL), a precursor league to today’s NBA, and won the NBL Championship in 1937. Tapping into Goodyear’s long-standing basketball heritage and leveraging its sponsorship with the Cleveland Cavaliers, Goodyear’s celebration during the 2018-19 NBA season will feature the creation of a basketball throwback jersey – dating further back than any other – and two pieces of basketball-themed tire art that will be displayed at the Cavaliers home court at Quicken Loans Arena." 

20181017_basketball_body1

So, wait ... is THIS graphic supposed to be the throwback (or whatever Nike is calling it) the Cavs are wearing this year?

??????

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

10 minutes ago, kimball said:

So, wait ... is THIS graphic supposed to be the throwback (or whatever Nike is calling it) the Cavs are wearing this year?

??????

I honestly don't know. It might just be the same thing they had for players last year, and then there will be Cavs/ Goodyear branded stuff here at our gift store. 

11 hours ago, dont care said:

The sleeve gets a pass with it being a subtle as it is, and as far as the shoes go, players have been doing it for years and just eating the fines, Lebron would still be wearing PE colorways regardless.

Grey with a douche pattern isn't really subtle when paired with a "classic" Lakers uniform. I know some used to do it but let's be honest, it wasn't as widespread when the door wasn't wide open as it is now... Can you imagine seeing the St Louis Cards (not picking the Yankees to avoid the "they don't allow anything anyway" comments) with guys wearing orange, yellow, royal, kelly cleats, socks and undershirts all at once? It would be a :censored:ing :censored:show. The Packers with guys wearing red, purple, blue gloves, sleeves and cleats? It'd be an asbolute travesty. I don't get why the NBA gets a pass like that. We shouldn't have to watch a Celtics player wearing bright red kicks with the green uniform. It's a game but in their case it's still work, we don't give a :censored: about what they want to wear, they have all the time they want to dress like clowns off the court if they wish, they should respect the game and the uniform they're wearing.

38 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Grey with a douche pattern isn't really subtle when paired with a "classic" Lakers uniform. I know some used to do it but let's be honest, it wasn't as widespread when the door wasn't wide open as it is now... Can you imagine seeing the St Louis Cards (not picking the Yankees to avoid the "they don't allow anything anyway" comments) with guys wearing orange, yellow, royal, kelly cleats, socks and undershirts all at once? It would be a :censored:ing :censored:show. The Packers with guys wearing red, purple, blue gloves, sleeves and cleats? It'd be an asbolute travesty. I don't get why the NBA gets a pass like that. We shouldn't have to watch a Celtics player wearing bright red kicks with the green uniform. It's a game but in their case it still work, we don't give a :censored: about what they want to wear, they have all the time they want to dress like clowns off the court if they wish, they should respect the game and the uniform they're wearing.

They asked and the league said yes probably because 9is a global league now. It's just like soccer shoes. Doesn't look great but I think it's a good way to get some good faith later on if the league wants/ needs  something 

Archived