kimball

On 2/1/2018 at 12:21 PM, Conrad. said:

:( 

Pardon my late notice, but god-damn it, more standardization in logos?

I didn't what they did with the '18 logo and revamp it, but now this just bugs me.

Almost every major logo has been :censored:ed since the modified league logo last summer (playoffs & finals included)

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/8/2018 at 2:50 PM, insert name said:

I think the Nike run in the NBA has been a disaster so far. This whole “Teams can wear whatever they want” experiment is terrible. Then there’s the Lakers who aren’t even wearing their classic purple jerseys. That’s like the Yankees not wearing pinstripes for the majority of the season. 

Like the product on the floor (super teams) the NBA uniforms are a joke.

It's all about money, the hell with all tradition, and even common sense. Very disappointed coming from Nike, an american brand. 

And then they claim stuff like pride, heritage and tradition, when in fact they sh** all over it  

1 hour ago, Teal said:

Have any teams confirmed that they will be getting a new home and away set next season?

I don’t believe so but I could be mistaken. 

Just wait until after the playoffs. If anyone has any news or leaks then they will post it here or on the main page sportslogos.net. Just keep checking frequently. People who know may not yet be allowed to share until it leaks or they're given permission from Nike or the league. The only rebrand I know might be the Jacksonville Jaguars, but that's probably not what you're asking for.

8 hours ago, sayahh said:

Just wait until after the playoffs. If anyone has any news or leaks then they will post it here or on the main page sportslogos.net. Just keep checking frequently. People who know may not yet be allowed to share until it leaks or they're given permission from Nike or the league. The only rebrand I know might be the Jacksonville Jaguars, but that's probably not what you're asking for.

Um, when did you Jaguars switch sports?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

9 hours ago, Teal said:

Have any teams confirmed that they will be getting a new home and away set next season?

I don’t believe so but I could be mistaken. 

None so far.

Theres always rumors of OKC and Dallas. The only thing confirmed is new City jerseys for everyone. Everything else is up in the air right now.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

58 minutes ago, kimball said:

None so far.

Theres always rumors of OKC and Dallas. The only thing confirmed is new City jerseys for everyone. Everything else is up in the air right now.

Thanks bud, wasn't sure if anything had been officially confirmed.

Hopefully we will know after the Finals.

Jaguars

2 hours ago, kimball said:

Theres always rumors of OKC and Dallas.

The only important rumors about Dallas are the sexual harassment rumors that, if substantiated, should send people to jail.

They should totally bring back more green, but it's probably just on city alts for now.

43 minutes ago, sayahh said:

They should totally bring back more green, but it's probably just on city alts for now.

Yeah, I agree. I almost wonder if they won't wait until after Nowitzki retires to make a dramatic change?

kimball banner.png

(This should've probably been posted in the 17/18 thread. But I'll leave that to someone else, now that I've posted this news in two threads already. Lol.)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

16 hours ago, LEWJ said:

(This should've probably been posted in the 17/18 thread. But I'll leave that to someone else, now that I've posted this news in two threads already. Lol.)

Thing I'm legit curious about:  Is there some kind of formal, bureaucratic process for un-retiring a number? Like did Junior try to do this last week and it was blocked, or did he just make a late decision? I've wondered about this sort of thing ever since Jordan wore 45.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

3 hours ago, Digby said:

Thing I'm legit curious about:  Is there some kind of formal, bureaucratic process for un-retiring a number? Like did Junior try to do this last week and it was blocked, or did he just make a late decision? I've wondered about this sort of thing ever since Jordan wore 45.

I doubt it. The retirement of a number is purely ceremonial and the choice of the team not to issue it any longer. IIRC Jordan chose to wear number 45 upon his comeback.

4 hours ago, Digby said:

If I remember correctly during the Dunk Contest they talked a bit about the number and I think Jr. just chose 24 to keep the number retired, but it seems that Sr. pushed to have Jr. wear it?

Either way, I don't think there's much bureaucratic process other than getting the retired player's permission first. MJ's situation was purely his choice for whatever reason? 

kimball banner.png

Not sure where to put this, but since there's no need to make a NBA Changes 2021-22 or later thread. The Utah Jazz submitted a bid to host the NBA All-Star Game in 2022 or 2023. They even went ahead and designed a proposed logo based on the current ASG format. It's not bad, but I'm a total homer when it comes to anything Jazz related.

jaz1718_allstar_bid_logo.jpg?itok=WQhuxs

kimball banner.png

Archived