kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I’m in the minority here, but I really don’t want the Heat to switch to Vice full time. At all. Keep a Vice alternate, that’s perfectly fine. But the identity they’ve carved out over nearly 30 years fits them more than fine, and switching to Vice basically “just because” isn’t a good enough reason for me to get behind dumping the current look for it.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I think I’m in the minority here, but I really don’t want the Heat to switch to Vice full time. At all. Keep a Vice alternate, that’s perfectly fine. But the identity they’ve carved out over nearly 30 years fits them more than fine, and switching to Vice basically “just because” isn’t a good enough reason for me to get behind dumping the current look for it.

I agree. They have a GREAT regular uniform set and solid identity that fits the moniker much better than the gimmicky if great looking Vice sets.

2 hours ago, TheFallenHaveRisen said:

The fact that this isn't their full time identity yet is a damn shame

Their regular set are nice and not needed of changing.  I feel that if the Vice jerseys were to become the regular set, eventually people will start dumping on them.  Some things are just better off as an alternate, keeping them fresh.

22 hours ago, hormone said:

SMH. Not team colors. The only prince and basketball I know of is from Chappelle show. This is on the level of AA MiLB. Come out to the park this weekend for dollar beers and hot dogs for Prince tribute night.

And that episode was based on a true story. Prince loved to ball

8urf5sw0kdk11.jpg

Go A's!

3 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I didn’t know that! He actually had a pretty good looking shot!

Prince played ball when he was a teenager and various pickup games throughout his life. The Chappelle Show skit is funny and might seem like a joke but alot of people have said he was pretty good at basketball.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/04/prince-basketball-good-chappelles-show-skit

bSLCtu2.png

Those Prince uniforms are so dorky. Sorry. Prince had a long and varied career after Purple Rain. Yes, it was his most iconic song and album, but cosplaying as an album graphics package is kind of the opposite of rock and roll.

I recognize there isn't any other culture to speak of in the Twin Cities (except for hockey and viking stuff, I guess?), so they had to do something. But something could have been like another wolf-inspired set.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

15 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

So, Minnesota has the Prince Purple Rain tribute uniform. Brooklyn has the Biggie Coogi sweater tribute uniform. Why didn't the Warriors go with a Tupac bandana pattern uniform?

Because Oakland is nowhere close to South Central LA? 

Warriors could go with whistle tips-inspired uniforms. Just fo’ decoration.

2 hours ago, ZipperClub said:

Because Oakland is nowhere close to South Central LA? 

Warriors could go with whistle tips-inspired uniforms. Just fo’ decoration.

Tupac spent some of his later childhood in Oakland and got his start in the industry with Digital Underground, a Bay Area-based group. And bandanas of all colors (not just blue and red) are worn nationwide.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

6 hours ago, tommybutler84 said:

Found this at my local Dick's sporting goods. I think these are the shorts for the Cleveland Cavs city uniform set. The color seems to match blue of the team breakdown for the city. uGtEngh.jpg

That would match the color. It looks like the '90s are finally coming back!! 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

8 hours ago, tommybutler84 said:

Found this at my local Dick's sporting goods. I think these are the shorts for the Cleveland Cavs city uniform set. The color seems to match blue of the team breakdown for the city. uGtEngh.jpg

So 1993 + 1997 + 2003 = This?

oooookay ... 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

10 hours ago, tommybutler84 said:

I realize orange and blue "belong" to the Knicks. But nostalgia makes me love the Cavs in orange and blue as well.

The quasi-wordmark on the waistline is kinda cool.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived