kimball

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I realize orange and blue "belong" to the Knicks. But nostalgia makes me love the Cavs in orange in blue as well.

The quasi-wordmark on the waistline is kinda cool.

It's from the Cleveland tourism logo that's around town. Makes sense for a city jersey I suppose. While the fauxbacks of the past has been somewhat ridiculous, gimmicky, and fashion jersey-like, I'll take it over a pointless gray alternate.

IMG_0876.JPG

13724585_1630889440562756_571998892_n.jp

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

It's from the Cleveland tourism logo that's around town. Makes sense for a city jersey I suppose. While the fauxbacks of the past has been somewhat ridiculous, gimmicky, and fashion jersey-like, I'll take it over a pointless gray alternate.

You posted that before I could dig it up. The script is also on the Cleveland MLB ASG logo.

2019%20All-Star%20Game%20Logo.png?itok=S

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

19 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I think I’m in the minority here, but I really don’t want the Heat to switch to Vice full time. At all. Keep a Vice alternate, that’s perfectly fine. But the identity they’ve carved out over nearly 30 years fits them more than fine, and switching to Vice basically “just because” isn’t a good enough reason for me to get behind dumping the current look for it.

I wouldn’t scrap their current identity pieces, but these colors are too good for Miami to relegate them to an alternate. I’ve been wanting to see a full time flamingo pink and sky blue color scheme in Miami for ten years, but with their current typography, which is pretty solid. For all that they’ve built with their current look, they would replace that equity in a half decade solely because of how unique and fitting these colors are for Miami. The fan reaction and national/global appeal to the Vice identity shows that very well.

12 minutes ago, kimball said:

You posted that before I could dig it up. The script is also on the Cleveland MLB ASG logo.

2019%20All-Star%20Game%20Logo.png?itok=S

Most definitely not the same script.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

12 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I recognize there isn't any other culture to speak of in the Twin Cities

I'm not sure that I agree with you 100% on your police work there, Lou.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 10/24/2018 at 4:08 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

I think I’m in the minority here, but I really don’t want the Heat to switch to Vice full time. At all. Keep a Vice alternate, that’s perfectly fine. But the identity they’ve carved out over nearly 30 years fits them more than fine, and switching to Vice basically “just because” isn’t a good enough reason for me to get behind dumping the current look for it.

Looking at the likes, I guess you're not in.....the minority.

200.gif

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:41 PM, swilson160 said:

The name is Blue Diamond and the fact that you don't know that despite having seen both versions of the patch is a pretty good indication that the patch isn't doing what it is supposed to do in either version.

I actually know that their sponsor is Blue Diamond. Honestly, I don't understand why I even typed it out as Black Diamond unless I was sidetracked. I didn't even realize my error until logging in just now. Typo aside, my original point still stands that the sponsor patch looked better last year.

45 minutes ago, jus2damcrazey219 said:

Looking at the response/likes, I guess you're not in the.....minority.200.gif

Haha! I was honestly pretty surprised. Seems like I had seen quite a few calls for them to rebrand to Vice full time, but maybe I overestimated how much.

I always love a good Horatio sunglasses line too. Thumbs up on that! ?

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Most definitely not the same script.

All be damned. I must of not been wearing my glasses. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

I'm not sure that I agree with you 100% on your police work there, Lou.

I'm sorry I forgot about this guy.

1200px-GKpress.jpg

And that's the first time Garrison Keillor has ever been connected to the NBA. You're welcome everyone.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 10/24/2018 at 9:01 AM, jmac11281 said:

So, Minnesota has the Prince Purple Rain tribute uniform. Brooklyn has the Biggie Coogi sweater tribute uniform. Why didn't the Warriors go with a Tupac bandana pattern uniform?

If the Warriors are going to pay tribute to a rapper, then it's got to be MC Hammer, since the guy is actually from Oakland.

On 10/24/2018 at 8:36 AM, edjb93 said:

I’m gonna guess that those Nets’ City uniforms are inspired by the Black History Month. I could be wrong, but that’s the first thing that came to mind.

The Pacers’ City uniforms looks like something you can find on this site’s Concepts forum.

New York’s City uniforms, at first sight, are modernized classics. I don’t mind if Nike makes Knicks’ Association and Icon uniforms based from these.

The Nets' is inspired by Notorious B.I.G. and his affinity for Coogi sweaters

5 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

E-40 is from Vallejo...not even in the same county of Oakland. Too $hort on the other hand...

Too Short is also very dirty, so no way the NBA would touch that dude. I mean it'd be hilarious but I can't imagine.

What would they possibly do? Subliminal print of naked girls with a baseball wordmark saying Too Short?

bSLCtu2.png

Archived