kimball

I really don’t hate the Sixers Jersey. It’d be better in another color, and isn’t as good as last year’s (which they’ve based their court on), but I think it’ll look fine on the floor and is unique (in a non-tacky way) in the league. So many of these (insert marketing term here) uniforms are garish-attention-getting monstocites, but these are restrained and classy - even if minimalist. I don’t love it, but I like it. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

It was @Conrad. 

Who have been strangely quiet during these leaks. I know he's seen them all. He usually knows A LOT but maybe he has been "advised" to only comment so much on it.

When he does though it's like cryptic clues like Scooby Doo.

He's probably quiet because he works for the site. The last thing we all want is for this place to get in trouble in some form. Leaks are fine from outside sources but it can't come directly from here otherwise all goodwill will be lost with whatever connections this site does have.

bSLCtu2.png

13 hours ago, OaklandIsBack said:

Phoenix needs to go double purple full time

13 hours ago, Pengin. said:

Love the use of double purple. Definitely brings out the contrasting brightness of the Orange. That uniform looks better than their current set. NOB/Wordmark/Numbers all match. Only thing is to remove the "Los" and you got a great home uni there. 

I do like the double purple teamed up with the orange as well. I just wish they never switched to their current template. The modernized streaking sun is MUCH better and with double purple instead of black I think that would be perfection.

bledsoe_crop_exact.jpgeric-bledsoe-phoenix-suns.jpg?w=1000&h=6

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

BTW, not to threadjack but: have we ever seen an explanation of the Knicks' statement jersey? The "I dunno, just add a white stroke in between the trim elements" edition? I find that to be the strangest jersey in the NBA in terms of trying to figure out why that was the choice that was made. But I kinda admire the subversiveness.

036fb501-d49f-4a65-bc75-e3150e279ceb-201

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

13 minutes ago, Digby said:

BTW, not to threadjack but: have we ever seen an explanation of the Knicks' statement jersey? The "I dunno, just add a white stroke in between the trim elements" edition? I find that to be the strangest jersey in the NBA in terms of trying to figure out why that was the choice that was made. But I kinda admire the subversiveness.

Agreed, it's nice looking but just such a subtle difference from the regular set. I doubt that most casual fans even notice the difference. 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, henburg said:

Agreed, it's nice looking but just such a subtle difference from the regular set. I doubt that most casual fans even notice the difference. 

I’m sure most notice, but they just don’t care enough to say anything about it.

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I'm a little miffed that we didn't even get some B.S. Nike explanation about them. I see absolutely NO point to them.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

From the article:

SIXERSNEW.PNG&w=267

The Ben Franklin logo, which I normally like, doesn't really fit here and it's kind of throwing the whole thing off for me. And I'm not sure how the white lettering is going to read from a distance. Other than that, it's a nice design. I'm a sucker for red-white-blue trim.

5 minutes ago, Waffles said:

I'm a sucker for red-white-blue trim.

I really like how the red, white and blue pops on the gray compared to other base colors.

kimball banner.png

"I can't believe we ever used black and gold," he says, laughing. "It's almost disrespectful to me. But fans do love it. It was a good time for them. They fell in love with Iverson. We are never going to say never, but I'm not rooting for it." (Heck also points out that black and gold are the colors of the National Football League's Pittsburgh Steelers. That is a hard sell in Philly.)

Oh come on... The Iverson era Sixers jerseys weren't even close to the Steelers colors... And you forgot all about the red?

(apologies for the thread jack, but that quote just bothered me)

2 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Oh come on... The Iverson era Sixers jerseys weren't even close to the Steelers colors... And you forgot all about the red?

(apologies for the thread jack, but that quote just bothered me)

They also had a blue alternate (which didn't really fit the scheme at the time, but incorporated the original colors)

Sorry if this has already been posted, but the Nuggets twitter account seems to be slowly revealing the return of the skyline jerseys. They've also been teasing these Nike's that have been custom painted with the rainbow skyline.

7CVTZxU.jpg

Ubz6i3F.jpg

nTRXaTL.jpg

DqsmTs1VAAAGyYU.jpg

1 hour ago, Waffles said:

From the article:

SIXERSNEW.PNG&w=267

The Ben Franklin logo, which I normally like, doesn't really fit here and it's kind of throwing the whole thing off for me. And I'm not sure how the white lettering is going to read from a distance. Other than that, it's a nice design. I'm a sucker for red-white-blue trim.

I like it, but it also looks like something from Double Dribble.

819Tem2bvZL.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived